2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After browsing and contributing to this forum for about a year, we bought a Limited Billet Silver Advance Safety Tech Pacifica to be delivered tomorrow.

We drove one for quite a few miles over the last few days, and decided it was a worthy replacement for our Odyssey as our travel car. Here's hoping it will be as reliable, but the Pacifica is so much nicer we were willing to take the chance. We will be leaving for our annual sojourn to the Florida Gulf Coast next week, and I'll report back here from our rental cottage right on the beach!

Our old Accord is up for sale (an amazing vehicle), and we will keep the Odyssey for a while until we decide on a smaller replacement.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Exciting, congrats! We kept our '07 Odyssey too but are loving our 18' TL+ Pac. What do you mean the car is being delivered tomorrow? Is it coming from another dealer or out of state?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Congratulations on your new car. Please post pictures. Looking forwards to your first trip review.
BTW I’m wondering why you are selling the Accord and trading the Odyssey for a smaller car.... why not just keep the Accord and sell the Odyssey?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exciting, congrats! We kept our '07 Odyssey too but are loving our 18' TL+ Pac. What do you mean the car is being delivered tomorrow? Is it coming from another dealer or out of state?
Our local dealer of choice did not have the exact model and options we wanted, but a dealer 50 miles away did. He arranged to trade with them, and that happened today. They are prepping the car and it will be ready for us tomorrow.

We absolutely did NOT want the Uconnect Theater package, and we definitely wanted the Advance Safety Tech. We are also getting the 20" wheels, but that was not a requirement. The only options on the Monroney are the AST and the wheels.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on your new car. Please post pictures. Looking forwards to your first trip review.
BTW I’m wondering why you are selling the Accord and trading the Odyssey for a smaller car.... why not just keep the Accord and sell the Odyssey?
Mainly because the Accord is an easy sale, and at my "advanced senior status" (along with 6'3" frame), the Accord is becoming increasingly difficult to get in and out of. After we get back from Florida, I will do some research and thinking about a smaller replacement. My best ever experience with the dealer might have me leaning towards a Jeep Cherokee (this is a shout out to Sam Lehman CDJR Fiat of Morton, IL and Scott Kuykendall, their Internet salesman!).

·
Registered
223 Posts
We absolutely did NOT want the Uconnect Theater package, and we definitely wanted the Advance Safety Tech. We are also getting the 20" wheels, but that was not a requirement. The only options on the Monroney are the AST and the wheels.
My wife and I didn't want the Uconnect Theater package either, felt like I was the only one here! :grin2: It seems like those with the Theater package are getting all these Uconnect issues (knocks on wood)

AST was our #1 priority as well, and 20" wheels was my personal must have. Did you get the 7 seater with Tri-Pane Sunroof or 8 passenger?

Congrats! Have a safe drive, look forward to seeing pics are hearing your report

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Congrats! Welcome fellow convert!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Waldo, we're all really happy for you. But just FYI: if you don't post pictures of your new car, it didn't happen :p

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post the pictures, under palm trees, of course! I have a Nikon SLR and a phone that has about the best phone camera* so it'll happen!

*Pixel 2XL, for those here who are curious.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up our new Limited today. We haven't had much time to figure out all the basics, but our salesman was very helpful in going over some important things. The weather was terrible, but Sunday should be nicer. We can spend some time outside setting up the options, and learning more about the features. Tonight we used the remote start to get it cozy warm for driving home from a dinner with relatives.

One thing I noticed is that the auto headlight dimmer can get annoying if there is fresh snow along the side of the highway. It can interpret the intermittent white reflections as oncoming vehicles and the lights go up and down when there is no traffic.

Tomorrow I start packing for our drive to Florida.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've disabled the auto high beam as its way too much going between high and low beams. At least for urban use. I'm afraid it'll wear out my bulbs.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've disabled the auto high beam as its way too much going between high and low beams. At least for urban use. I'm afraid it'll wear out my bulbs.
Today was warm, and the snow melted. This evening I drove around in some traffic and also on a rural road, and they seemed to work perfectly. What surprised me was that it dimmed when it first spotted the red tail lights of a car far in front of me. It makes me look more courteous than I actually am! 0:)

(I note that our vans match!)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations on your choice. I love the auto headlights. They are great on rural roads. No one ever blinks their highs at me.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Pics

You know you can post pics FROM your phone, right? :wink2: Especially with that Pixel 2 XL!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know you can post pics FROM your phone, right? :wink2: Especially with that Pixel 2 XL!
OK, if you insist! Here's one today getting our bikes loaded for the six week trip to Florida! That white horizontal bag up against the front seats is a hammock, designed to hang between two palm trees. I use it to rest up after bike riding, sipping mojitos watching the sunset over the Gulf. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
OK, if you insist! Here's one today getting our bikes loaded for the six week trip to Florida! That white horizontal bag up against the front seats is a hammock, designed to hang between two palm trees. I use it to rest up after bike riding, sipping mojitos watching the sunset over the Gulf. :smile2:
ok awesome, so i guess it actually did happen LOL

nice ride man. sure sounds like life is good for ya...enjoy the FL coast!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's one today getting our bikes loaded for the six week trip to Florida!

Interesting you removed your front wheels. Was that by choice or necessity? I ride a large Giant road bike and it fits in the Sienna without removing the front wheel. I have to lean it to put it in, but then it stands upright once inside. The second row seats have to be push all the way up, but at least I don't have to remove them. I'm still waiting to get the Pacifica, but expected the bikes to fit without removing wheels. I guess I better take my bike to test it's fit.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting you removed your front wheels. Was that by choice or necessity? I ride a large Giant road bike and it fits in the Sienna without removing the front wheel. I have to lean it to put it in, but then it stands upright once inside. The second row seats have to be push all the way up, but at least I don't have to remove them. I'm still waiting to get the Pacifica, but expected the bikes to fit without removing wheels. I guess I better take my bike to test it's fit.
That red bike and the light green one hidden by the canvas cover are Electra Townies. They are great bikes for easy casual riding, especially designed for "flat foot" standing while stopped. They are tall, but still can be put in the van with the front wheels on. I take them off for long, loaded trips because the handlebars can be turned 90 degrees with the wheels off. With the pedals removed the two bikes can be snugged together and strapped to the interior of the van. This leaves lots of room for other stuff.

·
Registered
279 Posts
After browsing and contributing to this forum for about a year, we bought a Limited Billet Silver Advance Safety Tech Pacifica to be delivered tomorrow.

We drove one for quite a few miles over the last few days, and decided it was a worthy replacement for our Odyssey as our travel car. Here's hoping it will be as reliable, but the Pacifica is so much nicer we were willing to take the chance. We will be leaving for our annual sojourn to the Florida Gulf Coast next week, and I'll report back here from our rental cottage right on the beach!
Enjoy your visit to the Sunshine State, we're expecting temps in the low to mid 80's all week with abundant sunshine. That should help you shake those winter blahs. Enjoy that new Pacifica, and SAFE travels.

<

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Enjoy your visit to the Sunshine State, we're expecting temps in the low to mid 80's all week with abundant sunshine. That should help you shake those winter blahs. Enjoy that new Pacifica, and SAFE travels.
<
Thanks! We will be in Englewood which is a little south of you off I-75. Great beaches in the area, and they are never crowded or filled with the obnoxious college spring break crowd. :smile2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts