2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
...but still can be put in the van with the front wheels on. I take them off for long, loaded trips because the handlebars can be turned 90 degrees with the wheels off.

Thanks for the response. I wouldn't have thought about the wheel off in order to turn the handlebars to keep them from protruding into the center space. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We've been in Florida a few days now. We're thoroughly thawed out. Not a hint of the miserable weather we left behind in Illinois. :) More later, but I do want to be the first one on this forum to post a picture of a snowy egret enjoying a Pacifica!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
We've been in Florida a few days now. We're thoroughly thawed out. Not a hint of the miserable weather we left behind in Illinois. :) More later, but I do want to be the first one on this forum to post a picture of a snowy egret enjoying a Pacifica!
Picture of the week for sure!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's a better view of the file I converted to my avatar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
awesome picture, looks fantastic in that setting.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's a better view of the file I converted to my avatar.

Good looking ride with a beautiful backdrop. You weren't kidding when you said you'd be right on the water. Nothing beats the sunshine, sand, and water. We've got two out of the three, oops check that, ONE out of the three, however 60 miles either way (east or west)we can enjoy the other two, gulf or the ocean. Enjoy your visit, and take solace in the fact that your 'snow' will be ALL gone when you get home.

:grin2: :wink2:

<

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is supposed to be a Review thread, and I've been meaning to post a review, but social obligations and just plain old fashioned sunshine induced laziness have interfered. :smile2:

We are now settled in to our rental cottage on the Gulf Coast of Florida and have about 1540 miles on our new Pacifica Limited with AST. The van performed flawlessly on our trip down from Illinois. We averaged 23.9 mpg for the trip, fully loaded and little regard for the 70 mph limit! 0:)

Much of the second day was through intermittent rain and mist in Tennessee and Georgia on I-24 and I-75. This gave me ample time to learn the wonders of Adaptive Cruise Control and the Rain Sensing Wipers. I'll never have another car without ACC. It turns partially useful regular cruise control into an entirely different and almost magical device, especially when the highway is crowded. For one 110 mile stretch I set it to 80 mph and maximum interval distance, but seldom reached that speed as the heavy traffic interfered. The ACC kept me perfectly in sync with the traffic, even when the occasional jerk cut suddenly in front. Slow downs, speed ups, and braking were automatic, flawlessly and smoothly executed.

Those wipers also contributed to the serenity of that part of the trip. They just seem to know when to take a single swipe for mist or continue wiping quickly in heavy downpours. I never felt a need to touch the switch, except for the occasional spritz of washer fluid.

The Pacifica rides better, handles better, and is much quieter than my 2012 Odyssey (which has taken this same trip six times). The 20" Falken tires seem well matched to the vehicle.

Time and miles will tell a more complete story, but so far I feel the Pacifica is a really great choice. Thanks to all the previous owners who voiced their positive and negative opinions here.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'll never have another car without ACC. It turns partially useful regular cruise control into an entirely different and almost magical device, especially when the highway is crowded. For one 110 mile stretch I set it to 80 mph and maximum interval distance, but seldom reached that speed as the heavy traffic interfered. The ACC kept me perfectly in sync with the traffic, even when the occasional jerk cut suddenly in front. Slow downs, speed ups, and braking were automatic, flawlessly and smoothly executed.
Nice update/review. Great to hear some hands-on experiences, especially on road trips. I've yet to use ACC as I have been mostly driving around town here in so-Cal. But question: Do you first turn on regular cruise control and set your speed, then proceed to turn on ACC and set the vehicle distance? In other words, is it a 1-step process (just begin with ACC) or a 2-step process (begin with regular cruise then go to ACC settings)?

·
Registered
29 Posts
In other words, is it a 1-step process (just begin with ACC) or a 2-step process (begin with regular cruise then go to ACC settings)?

@lightrules

1 step :) If you turn on CC and set, then hit ACC, it turns it off and vice-versa

HTH's - We love ACC :)

Hey, I thought you knew everything about the pac? ;-)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
@lightrules

1 step :) If you turn on CC and set, then hit ACC, it turns it off and vice-versa

HTH's - We love ACC :)

Hey, I thought you knew everything about the pac? ;-)
I know everything about the "S" part, but not the Pac itself :grin2:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts