2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. My wife has a 1 month old 2020 Pacifica Limited. When put in reverse, the side mirrors tilt down; however, the passenger mirror does not always return to the normal position when shifted out of reverse. The dealer ran codes on it and cannot find any error. The interesting thing is her prior vehicle a Kia Sedona had the same problem that they could not fix. A google search also found a European manufacturer had the same problem. It makes me wonder if all 3 are using the same software or computer board. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Only the driver side tilts down in reverse and returns to the home position. It’s indeed software and majority of manufactures just utilize the drivers side mirror feature .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the driver side tilts down in reverse and returns to the home position. It’s indeed software and majority of manufactures just utilize the drivers side mirror feature .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is BOTH mirrors tilt when the vehicle is in reverse. Shifting out of reverse, it's pot luck. Sometimes both mirrors come back up and sometimes only the drivers mirror. I would be OK if it were only the drivers mirror. Of interest is my GMC Sierra. I can select the drivers mirrow only or both mirrors. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is incorrect. I know the manual says "driver mirror" but in the Pacifica, it would seem that both mirrors tilt down in reverse and should return to the prior position, I know that both do in our 2020 Limited.

@IrwinGuy do you have either side selected when you are experiencing this? I haven't played with it yet, but in many cars, if you select a specific side (on the mirror control) it only dips that side. Again, not sure if that applies with our Pacificas, will try to remember to check this out when I go out later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our Pacifica is also a 2020 Limited. Had it at the dealer yesterday. They took the mirror apart, and found the mirror was getting stuck on a metal plate behind the mirror when it tried to return to normal. It did not get stuck every time. They made adjustments. We will see how it goes. Also, there is no middle switch position on her vehicle. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
2017 Touring L - Bright White, Black/Alloy w/Nav
40 Posts
When the mirror does actually move, is it smooth or jerky?

What happens when you use the mirror adjust control to move the mirror glass? Does it move smoothly or is it jerky? Does it get stuck anywhere?

If it's a bit jerky, it's possible that there isnt enough grease in the mirror mechanism.

What's the weather like where you are? Is it possible that there's ice in the mechanism?

Either way, it's something that probably wouldnt show up on a code scanner. If its failing after 2 months it's likely an issue from manufacturing.

I had an Acura MDX that had some mirror tilt issues. The intermittent mirror tile failure turned out to be a failed harness between the body and door. That was after 9 years of flexing from opening and closing the door, though. It was also jerky and that was solved by greasing the mirror mechanism.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife’s vehicle. I am seldom in it. Right now it is working since the service department found the metal obstruction that at times was blocking the upward movement at times. She is out of town at our son’s. I told her to test the movement as much as possible to see if it acts up. Interesting, we traded her Kia Sedona with the same problem. Kia never was able to fix the problem. Thanks for your interest and suggestions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same issue, but sometimes its both mirrors, what chance would it be an obstruction in both mirrors? They seem to be adjusted smoothly. My wife is irate about it, but I know how car manufacturers are with software updates, being a long and tedious process for testing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts