2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you tint the tripane panoramic sunroof? Having the "S" (read: all black interior) package and living in southern California, I have a feeling the car is going to get real toasty in the summer time. Even with the shade cover for the sunroof, it's still only a cloth-type shield and I am sure we'll feel the heat radiating through. I am thinking a tint would help the heat rejection. Ideally, I'd want to use a tint that isn't too dark but gives the most heat rejection.

Thoughts? Have you done this? And what % tint would you do?

Also, any of you tint the front windshield?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey LR! I think you said you ended up putting 50% Rayno S5’s on your sunroofs. How is that working out? Can you say you can leave the cloth shade cover open pretty much the whole time?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump, any updates?
working out great for 2 yrs now. did the rayno "S9" nano-ceramic all over. front windows 35%, everywhere else 50% including tripane sunroof. and did the front windshield rayno air70. couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
25 Posts
working out great for 2 yrs now. did the rayno "S9" nano-ceramic all over. front windows 35%, everywhere else 50% including tripane sunroof. and did the front windshield rayno air70. couldnt be happier.
Awesome, thanks for the update. Sounds like pretty much the same setup I'm thinking about going wtih.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got some 3M crystalline 70% on the roof (and sides) and it works great. Even under full sun I can leave the shade open, yet by night I can see the stars. Great balance...

(edited for added info)

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
25 Posts
I ended up going with 3M crystalline; 40% all around and on the roof, 70% on the windshield. Picked it up yesterday but already loving it.

One question - the 3M logo is visible on the inside of the film, after waiting 7 days will that be removed using rubbing alcohol? The tint shop didn't say anything about it, but I did a quick google search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts