2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Pacifica Limited is equipped with the optional 20" wheels with Falken ZIEX CT50 tires. These tires are fine, but not great. Around 18K I started hearing road noise from the tires. In the snow, and wet weather they tend to loose their grip very easily. At 31K they now routinely have poor grip or traction upon acceleration. Has anyone replaced the tires yet on their Pacifica?

I am strongly considering Michelin Premier LTX as replacements for the Falken tires. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can't say I've tried the Michelin Premiers, but after years of using lesser tires I put Michelins on our Nissan. Quietest smoothest tires I've ever used. All of my cars will be getting Michelin in the future.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Our Pacifica Limited is equipped with the optional 20" wheels with Falken ZIEX CT50 tires. These tires are fine, but not great. Around 18K I started hearing road noise from the tires. In the snow, and wet weather they tend to loose their grip very easily. At 31K they now routinely have poor grip or traction upon acceleration. Has anyone replaced the tires yet on their Pacifica?

I am strongly considering Michelin Premier LTX as replacements for the Falken tires. Any thoughts?
I don't have thoughts on the tires... but, you have 31,000+ miles on your Pacifica already? Wow. That a lot of driving.
My thoughts exactly cue003, and yes Jaypoocha you certainly are racking up the mileage. Other than tire issues how has the van been performing?

·
Registered
60 Posts

I have them on a different vehicle. Superb tires in my opinion. According to a couple of online reviews I saw prior to purchase, they are one of the few tires that have similar stopping distances on wet roads as on dry. While I can't verify the accuracy of that claim, I feel safer having them. They're also quieter than the previous Michelins that were on the vehicle. If I were replacing tires, they'd be my current choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
All-in-all, the Pacifica has been wonderful to drive and without any mechanical issues! It handles well, is nicely equipped and great for long road trips. We took it to Stowe, VT (17 hours from SC) without any issues (except the tire performance in the snow and wet weather) and zero complaints from the kids! They love the comfort of the 3rd row! My 12 year old twin girls prefer the 3rd row! I love the overall look, tactile feel of the instrument buttons and general quality of the materials used inside the Pacifica.

I do have a few wishes: 1. More comfortable middle row seats (more padding please), 2. A slighter larger fuel tank, 3. The HDMI access is oddly placed (the HDMI cable can very easily be bent or damaged) 4. Include a release for the super console drawer (under warranty the drawer is being replaced with a new super console) 5. The front warning collision system could use a software tweak or two, but it does work! It has saved me from colliding with a couple of cars in some nasty Orlando traffic. Every car should have this option as standard equipment!

I am very happy with the fully loaded 17 Pacifica Limited. Having owned two Honda Odyssey (One MY14 Elite and one MY 13 Touring) and two Escalade ESV models (MY12 and MY10) the Pacifica is hands down my favorite from a utilitarian perspective and probably the nicest to drive on a daily basis.

So far, so good! I will give you an update at 50K if we still own it (we tend to trade the cars around 50K) My only fear is resale! We purchased it for :$42,600, with a MSRP of $50,250 in August 2016.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
We took it to Stowe, VT
Excellent choice! If it was in the last couple of weeks, it could have been -10 degrees, 70 degrees, or dumping a foot of snow. This has been one crazy winter!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yea wish my Limited came with Michelins. My previous Ody's all came with them and they were great in the wet and lasted quite a long time. The Ody I traded for the Pac had almost 50K miles and they were still going.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yea wish my Limited came with Michelins. My previous Ody's all came with them and they were great in the wet and lasted quite a long time. The Ody I traded for the Pac had almost 50K miles and they were still going.
Agreed, the Michelin Primacy MXV4's on the recent generation Odysseys were great tires. If they are rotated appropriately, great longevity and performance.

·
Registered
255 Posts
All-in-all, the Pacifica has been wonderful to drive and without any mechanical issues! It handles well, is nicely equipped and great for long road trips. We took it to Stowe, VT (17 hours from SC) without any issues (except the tire performance in the snow and wet weather) and zero complaints from the kids! They love the comfort of the 3rd row! My 12 year old twin girls prefer the 3rd row! I love the overall look, tactile feel of the instrument buttons and general quality of the materials used inside the Pacifica.

I do have a few wishes: 1. More comfortable middle row seats (more padding please), 2. A slighter larger fuel tank, 3. The HDMI access is oddly placed (the HDMI cable can very easily be bent or damaged) 4. Include a release for the super console drawer (under warranty the drawer is being replaced with a new super console) 5. The front warning collision system could use a software tweak or two, but it does work! It has saved me from colliding with a couple of cars in some nasty Orlando traffic. Every car should have this option as standard equipment!

I am very happy with the fully loaded 17 Pacifica Limited. Having owned two Honda Odyssey (One MY14 Elite and one MY 13 Touring) and two Escalade ESV models (MY12 and MY10) the Pacifica is hands down my favorite from a utilitarian perspective and probably the nicest to drive on a daily basis.

So far, so good! I will give you an update at 50K if we still own it (we tend to trade the cars around 50K) My only fear is resale! We purchased it for :$42,600, with a MSRP of $50,250 in August 2016.
1) I think the middle seats are comfortable but not much as a Sienna, Odyssey, or Sedona and these 3 probably have a thicker base cushion because they don't have stow and go. But I do agree with you I do wish they were more comfortable. But personally I rather have stow and go more.
2) Agreed, wish it was like a 25-29 gallon tank
3) HDMI access, you might want to think about getting a 90 Degree adapter

My wishes would be including yours and
1) Auto Steering tilt, minor but still I like it in my other cars.
2) 2nd seat adjustability as in being able to move it forward and reverse but then I do know its stationary because of stow and go..
3) Being able to vent out the 3 row window like the sienna where you can slightly open them outward from the back part of the window
4) Panoramic sunroof opening all the way

I am sure there are ton of other features it could have but I must say still I am very happy with mine..

I hope mine will last as well as yours by the time it gets to 30k..

Great to hear your Pacifica experience..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Old thread but I am in the same boat. I have a 2017 Limited with the 20" wheels. Came with Falken ZIEX CT50... boy these tires are garbage. Terrible wet/light snow performance. We are 31000 miles in and I can't take it anymore. Was looking at the Michelin Premier LTX as well, just like the original poster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll start off with the disclaimer that I am a tire design engineer for Michelin. So yes, I will be recommending Michelins, but I would encourage you to do your own research too. Tire Rack is a great resource, specifically their tire test articles.

I recently purchased a 2018 Pacifica Limited with the 20" wheels. I will be replacing the Falkens with the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S soon. For our application, I would recommend the new Primacy Tour A/S tires over the Premier LTX. The main improvements I would expect to see are reduced road noise, longer wear life and better dry traction.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help how I can.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'll start off with the disclaimer that I am a tire design engineer for Michelin. So yes, I will be recommending Michelins, but I would encourage you to do your own research too. Tire Rack is a great resource, specifically their tire test articles.

I recently purchased a 2018 Pacifica Limited with the 20" wheels. I will be replacing the Falkens with the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S soon. For our application, I would recommend the new Primacy Tour A/S tires over the Premier LTX. The main improvements I would expect to see are reduced road noise, longer wear life and better dry traction.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help how I can.
That I will take as a recommendation "from the horses mouth"!! And kudos to all the team you work with for great products.

Question: in your comparison of the Primacy Tour A/S vs. the Premier LTX, would you expect any difference in ride and wet traction?

'Nother question: The Michelin web site lists two versions of that tire in the size for a 20" Pacifica. One is listed as "245/50R20 102V BSW MSPN 41639" and the other as "245/50R20 102V DT BSW MSPN 59787. What is the difference?

·
Registered
219 Posts

You can never go wrong with Michelin's. Buy them at Discount Tire; not only will you get the best price and service, they will allow you to return the tires if you don't like them. I think that it is a 60-day policy, but check before you buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Waldo, thanks for the kind words. It's a great company and it's nice to be able to recommend our products because I honestly think they are the best, not just because it's where I work.

In terms of ride and wet traction, I would give a slight edge in ride to the Primacy and wet traction to the Premier.

As far as the differences between the two MSPNs of the Primacy Tour A/S, I am honestly not sure. On Tire Rack, the MSPN 41639 is about $15 cheaper and is readily available. I would just go with that one.

Craig, I agree that Discount Tire is my installer of choice as well. That's where I go to get tires installed and never had a negative experience.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Waldo, thanks for the kind words. It's a great company and it's nice to be able to recommend our products because I honestly think they are the best, not just because it's where I work.

In terms of ride and wet traction, I would give a slight edge in ride to the Primacy and wet traction to the Premier.

As far as the differences between the two MSPNs of the Primacy Tour A/S, I am honestly not sure. On Tire Rack, the MSPN 41639 is about $15 cheaper and is readily available. I would just go with that one.

Craig, I agree that Discount Tire is my installer of choice as well. That's where I go to get tires installed and never had a negative experience.
Thanks for your answers. I did see on one site where they show about half a mm difference in tread depth for the two Primacy tires. Odd.

·
Registered
2 Posts

2018 Limited owner looking to replace the horrible Falkens. I live in Iowa. Would you suggest the Primacy Tour A/S or the Premier LTX. Thank you for helping me out. I am tired of tire salesman just trying to make a buck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old thread but I am in the same boat. I have a 2017 Limited with the 20" wheels. Came with Falken ZIEX CT50... boy these tires are garbage. Terrible wet/light snow performance. We are 31000 miles in and I can't take it anymore. Was looking at the Michelin Premier LTX as well, just like the original poster.
What did you end up getting? Trying to decide myself what to get. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
A 2018 Limited with 18" wheels here. Got it used, and it had a pair of Lionhearts up front and OEM Bridgestone Turanzas in back. I replaced them with a set of Continental TrueContact Tours, and am very happy so far (a few hundred miles). Much better grip in dry & wet, and according to Tire Rack decent in the snow for all-season tires. Can't go wrong with Michelins, though :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts