2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Tire Store Lift of PacHy

7K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  stop-eject 
#1 ·
I went to my local tire store to switch out my winter tires and this is the device they used to lift my PacHy. They just flat-bedded it even after I told them it was a hybrid and they needed to be very careful of the battery pack under the van. You can see the yellow lift points they use for Teslas but they didn't use anything on my PacHy but the big black flat surface.

Should I expect trouble down the road?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
To go into a bit more detail, I would imagine the jack points are exactly the same as the base Pacifica 'L' since that's the platform upon which the PacHy is based. I believe FCA chose the 'L' since it does not come equipped with Stow n'Go seating, making the conversion a bit easier (and, more importantly, cheaper). Of course, that means we PacHy owners also miss out on some of the features the Stow n'Go versions get, but, hey...

It might also be said that, without the popularity of Stow n'Go, a PacHy might never have been built. Even further, maybe this is a reason FCA's minivan's competitors have eschewed a hybrid version. Simply put, it would be much harder (i.e., more expensive) for any of them because they'd have to create a completely, purpose-built, brand-new platform to accomodate a large, HV traction battery.

#11 ·
I do this all the time. If you have a tall enough jack lift from the front pinch weld jack point (just underneath the side mirror), get the front wheel off the ground and keep lifting, and the back wheel will come off the ground too! Make sure this is a rolling jack so it will follow the arc as it goes higher. This works as long as you are only rotating front to back, or swapping winter/summer wheels.

If you need to swap left to right, you need to crawl under and find a central lifting point. There aren't many. I'll lift from the engine subframe if you can find it amongst all the belly pans, and in the rear there is usually a central point between the rear wheels, but you have to get under there to find it. I've only lifted our Pacifica from the side.

#10 ·
You'd need a lift to lift more than 1 wheel at a time. Unless you get crafty with 2 jacks (sketchy?!?). The only lift points I've seen are the tires and the pinch welds.

A spare wheel / tire could be used for easy DIY tire rotations with only 1 jack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.