2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I delayed stopping in to get the "LO temp" service bulletin work done. They also took care of two recalls. A total of 45 minutes. I'm very happy with the van and with my dealer, Riverfront Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in North Aurora, IL

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've had my 2017 Limited for over a year and a half. Close to zero problems. I just noticed some corrosion on the leading edge of the hood. The dealer will strip and repaint the hood next week and provide a loaner.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've had my 2017 Limited for over a year and a half. Close to zero problems. I just noticed some corrosion on the leading edge of the hood. The dealer will strip and repaint the hood next week and provide a loaner.
Thanks for the updates!

I'm pretty sure there is a service bulletin on that hood problem. It is a known issue that happened during a specific production run error. Perhaps someone else here knows the contents of the bulletin, but I don't think stripping and repainting is the answer (but I'm not sure).

Update: according to some posts here, replacing the hood was Chrysler's choice back when the problem first surfaced.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for the updates!

I'm pretty sure there is a service bulletin on that hood problem. It is a known issue that happened during a specific production run error. Perhaps someone else here knows the contents of the bulletin, but I don't think stripping and repainting is the answer (but I'm not sure).

Update: according to some posts here, replacing the hood was Chrysler's choice back when the problem first surfaced.
others have had this issue https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/474-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-issues-problems/39498-hood-corrosion.html

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I haven't checked in on this thread for awhile. I'm at 46,000 miles now. I notice sometimes the transmission is shifting hard at certain times. Just an occasional "Whomp" and then it is back to normal.
Winter driving is getting harder, the wheels spin on crappy roads. I'll probably need anew set of tires soon. I keep looking at upgrading to either a Pacifica Hybrid or a Tesla Model X but I'll probably keep driving this thing for a few more years.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Id probably say at 50 thousand miles its time for some new tires, a good set of michelins or Pirelli will probably rectify the wheel spin . I drove a Ice Pac and a Pachy and the seamless engine/transmission in the Hybrid is what won over .

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Id probably say at 50 thousand miles its time for some new tires, a good set of michelins or Pirelli will probably rectify the wheel spin . I drove a Ice Pac and a Pachy and the seamless engine/transmission in the Hybrid is what won over .

I like the idea of the hybrid. It needs to things to win me over. HID headlights and expanded battery range to 60 plus miles. (Maybe fill in the well behind the third row seats with battery pack like they did with the stow n go.)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This should be my last review on the 17 Pacifica Limited ICE. I test drove a 2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited last night and ordered one. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my current van and I highly recommend it to anyone that asks. The new one will be Billet Silver, just like my present van. It will not have the sunroof. It will have the entertainment screens in the back seat you can’t order one without them. They will never be used.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
After much thought, I still have my 17 ICE Limited. At 54000 miles I am getting new tires today. Other than paint work on the hood, I have not had a warranty claim.
The order that I placed fell through when it arrived at the dealer and wasn’t what I had specked out.
I could not find a 19 Limited Hybrid that was equipped the way I wanted for a price that I believed was reasonable. At this point, I like my 17 enough to keep it until a great deal shows up, VW brings out the ID Buzz or Chrysler presents the Portal.

With new tires on the 17, I should be set. Normally a first year vehicle has lots of issues but (knock on wood) the Pacifica has been great so far.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts