2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We test drove a Touring L and we liked that it was possible (though slightly awkward) to climb over the center console to get to kids in the back. Looks like the Limited center console is designed in such a way that climbing over might not be possible, does that sound right? Am I remembering correctly that minivans of the 90's didn't have any center console? Easy access to the back rows is a really nice feature for parents, but it seems more minivans are adding to the console. I test drove a 2021 Sienna and it definitely wouldn't be possible to climb through on that, it's more like an SUV console.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I decided on the Touring L for many reasons, but one of them being that I prefer the center console vs the Limited/Pinnacle. I like the larger open area in the front as well as the pass-through opening that allows items longer than 8 ft to fit with the hatch closed. I can awkwardly climb over the console to get into the back, but have not tried the maneuver with the other style console

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shopped thinking Limited, went with the Touring L. Easier to fit my backpack or wife's purse in the opening between the dash and console. Also didn't need the sunroof, and all Limited versions on the lot had the $3,000 infotainment we didn't need. Actually prefer the simpler, more understated finish. And it did come with a package with just enough useful tech, some of which wasn't on the Limited

Customer Preferred Package 2EL
Premium and Safety Sphere Group
  • 360 Surround-View Camera System
  • 13 Alpine® Speakers
  • 506-Watt Amplifier
  • Uconnect® 5 Navigation with 10.1-Inch Display
  • SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Service w/Trial Period
  • SiriusXM® with 360L
  • USB Charge Port - 3rd Row
  • 8-Way Power Adjustable Front Passenger Seat
  • Front Passenger Seat Auto Advance 'n Return
  • Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®
  • Parallel and Perpendicular Park-Assist with Stop
  • ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
  • Global Telematics Box Module (TBM)
  • 1 Year Trial (Registration Required)
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
536 Posts
Agree. Not a fan of Limited and up console. In fact, not a fan of Limited and up Pacificas. In addition to the console issue, the steering wheel has that funky metal strip all around the front that gets hot/cold depending on the season, the rearmost seats only come with electric motors that many have had problems with, and the only color carpeting you can get is black.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards driving further to get a Touring L. Bummer because there's a Limited very close to us, but not being able to climb through over the console is a big down-side. Also not super excited about the metal on the steering wheel. Huge sunroof seems cool but also seems a bit less safe, especially since we'll have two young kids in the back. Just wish we could get the hands-free sliding doors/tailgate on the Touring L without having to get the Uconnect Family Theater Group.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards driving further to get a Touring L. Bummer because there's a Limited very close to us, but not being able to climb through over the console is a big down-side. Also not super excited about the metal on the steering wheel. Huge sunroof seems cool but also seems a bit less safe, especially since we'll have two young kids in the back. Just wish we could get the hands-free sliding doors/tailgate on the Touring L without having to get the Uconnect Family Theater Group.
Ya when I get a 2021, a Hybrid TouringL really seems to have everything you really use/need. I will miss the power folding mirror and vented seats though, but not handsfree since it only works/opens 60% of the time which made it useless and we've forgotten it's there. Still find it crazy that the 360 camera is an $1800 addon package on higher limited trim (but standard on TouringL). Maybe justifiable when they gave you a sunroof for "free", which sadly isn't true anymore (now a $3000 option on limited).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya when I get a 2021, a TouringL really seems to have everything you need (I will miss the power folding mirror and vented seats though). Still find it crazy that the 360 camera is an $1800 addon package on higher limited trim (but standard on TouringL). Maybe justifiable when they gave you a sunroof for "free", which sadly isn't true anymore (now a $3000 option on limited).
Quite sure the 360 camera isn't standard on Touring L. It's part of the (optional) Premium & Safety Sphere Group mentioned above. Wish hands-free opening was included in that package. Oh well!

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
Quite sure the 360 camera isn't standard on Touring L. It's part of the (optional) Premium & Safety Sphere Group mentioned above. Wish hands-free opening was included in that package. Oh well!
I should have meantioned I was referring to hybrid trim. The package is free and on every Hybrid TouringL I've seen so it mine as well be standard. Well until they decide its not (like sunroof on recent limited trim builds)

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is the one thing I dislike about most minivans these days. I have a 2020 Limited and although I can climb over the console, it's not something I'd make a habit of.

·
Registered
2021Pacifica Touring L AWD
33 Posts
I have the '21 Touring L, and it seems to me from what I see on the Limited, that there is just more storage in the Touring than the Limited.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Touring L and actually prefer the Limited & up console.

If anyone is in SoCal and wants to trade consoles, I'd be happy to do a swap.

I'm keeping my steering wheel though ;)

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
245 Posts
I have the Touring L also but I am fine with my console for now. But I did hear the new console on the Pinnacle blocks a full 4' x 8' sheeted material from fitting with the tailgate closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts