2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm contemplating on buying a 2018 Touring Plus Pacifica. Any inputs on this model?

Then, I'm curious about the extended warranty stuff? Is it worth buying/negotiating? My dealer offered 5 year of 60k power train and 3 year or 36k basic limited warranty.

What kind of warranties would you recommend in addition to the above?

Will really appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks a lot folks.
YN

·
Registered
319 Posts
I believe thats the standard warranty the van already comes with, if they are offering it to you they already sound like they are taking advantage of you. If your going to buy a warranty don't buy anything other then the Chrysler factory extended warranties. The 3rd party warranties are junk and the dealers only sell them because they get commission. I bet they'll be surprised when you ask about the Chrysler factory extended warranties. There are different levels - I chose the lifetime warranty. I recommend researching the chrysler factory extended warranties.

As for the touring model I couldn't tell you. we ordered a limited with all the bells and whistles and with a lifetime warranty. I love it much better than having a truck. I drive the van - my wife drives the jeep.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hi all,

I'm contemplating on buying a 2018 Touring Plus Pacifica. Any inputs on this model?
Then, I'm curious about the extended warranty stuff? Is it worth buying/negotiating? My dealer offered 5 year of 60k power train and 3 year or 36k basic limited warranty.
What kind of warranties would you recommend in addition to the above?
Will really appreciate any inputs on this.
Thanks a lot folks.
YN
Welcome to the forum.

It looks like a Touring Plus is a nice compromise for those who want a van without all the extras but still has power doors and some other nice features. It just depends on your preferences and needs/wants.
https://www.chrysler.com/compare/quick-chart.html?modelYearCode=CUC201805

If you want an overhead DVD player (that has other ports too), it would be much easier to have it already installed than to buy it and install it later from what I've seen of the instructions online. Some people think that having an overhead player works better than two seatback screens when there are people in the third row who would like to see the video also.

I wanted an installed roof rack and had to get a Touring L at the time I bought my van to get that feature. I have seen since then that the roof rack can be purchased from Mopar for a few hundred dollars and installed later. The roof holes are pre-drilled and covered with a rubber strip than can be removed to install the rack.

There are many posts about warranties if you use the forum search feature. Whether to buy an extended warranty depends on how long you plan to keep the van, your preference, and budget. I bought a Mopar extended warranty from Zeigler online that was recommended by @Damoncaravanman since there are so many electronic things on the van and we tend to keep our vehicles a long time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. In fact, I'm in the showroom and about to take the car out. No, they did not offer that warranty for extra price. They offered a life time for almost 4k but I rejected it. The warranty that it comes with should be good i think.

I'll see if I want to sign up for an extended warranty later.

Somehow I like this car. Getting the dark cordovan. I was sold onto this model after looking around Honda and Toyota. Some people pointed out that Toyotas are very reliable but the Chryslers seemed to have improved in recent years.

Let's see how this goes. My first minivan for our growing family! A bi overwhelmed and excited.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you plan on keeping the van after factory warranty expires, its worthwhile getting the Mopar extended warranty. Chances are, your dealer will not be able to compete with some of the online prices available for these. I bought a used 2017 Limited with all the safety tec and other packages. I had 2 years left on electronics warranty (original 3 year 36,000) and decided that the $1250 I paid for another 7 years covering pretty much everything...was just cheap insurance !

There are many plans and deductibles available and you do not need to decide for a couple of years or so (bearing in mind, prices will no doubt go up). I got mine from Chrysler warranty direct and they were very easy to deal with and slightly cheaper for the same plan than Zeiglers.

https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/get_coverage/confirm_order/#

·
Registered
185 Posts
We have a 2018 Touring Plus S model. Have about 10K miles on it and I just love it. We have the overhead DVD at no extra charge because of upgrading to the 20" wheels. Love the cloth seats and not burning my legs on the hot leather here in Florida! The Plus gave us all the features we wanted without a bunch we didn't. Good luck! :grin2:

·
Registered
267 Posts
We ended up getting the Touring L +. If you can swing it, this model has all sorts of goodies at a decent value. Highly recommend getting the Advanced Safety Tech package. The Limited, of course, has the most features, but there are some things that it comes with that we did not want, including power third row power folding seats and the fact that it is only available with black carpeting. It does, however, come with HID headlights and memory driver's seat, very desirable features not available on any of the lessor models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

I'm having some uconnect issues. At the dealership during the showing, the sales guy's cell phone carplay connected ok. Once, purchase was done and I was about to take it out, my android couldn't connect and neither any of the apples also at the dealership.

I came home, my wife's android connects once but I try again, it doesn't. My phone doesn't either.

It appears functional but I guess am missing something.

Any inputs on this? I'll perhaps post a separate thread.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm having some uconnect issues. At the dealership during the showing, the sales guy's cell phone carplay connected ok. Once, purchase was done and I was about to take it out, my android couldn't connect and neither any of the apples also at the dealership.

I came home, my wife's android connects once but I try again, it doesn't. My phone doesn't either.

It appears functional but I guess am missing something.

Any inputs on this? I'll perhaps post a separate thread.
I posted in new thread you started. There are probably many posts related to phone issues also using the search feature. If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of your posts and make it easier for others to help you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
SciTchr
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing