2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I completely missed this, in case anyone else did too -- a reputable poster on Allpar posted this:

The 2017 Pacifica is getting a new model package...

The Touring Plus will now sit between the Touring and Touring L. The Touring Plus includes the follow:
Premium Cloth
Premium fascia
Power liftgate
3 zone auto HVAC
Projector headlamps w/signature
Fog lamps
UGDO
Mid level console
LED tail lamps
2nd & 3rd row sunshades

At a MSRP of $32,360, the new Touring Plus (27W) is priced $2,365 under the Touring L and only $1,365 more than the Touring, this model could be the best bang for the buck in the Pacifica lineup.
This ticks a lot of boxes for me and might get me to pull the trigger when it's available in quantity. Can still wish for the new version of UConnect and heated seats (and as long as I'm wishing, the ability to order the advanced safety tech package), but for the money this is hard to beat.

I found at least one window sticker out there on the internets:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C4RC1BG8HR727774

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not bad however, for 4-5K more, you can get the Touring L Plus, which, in my bias mind, is the best bang for the buck trim. That said, what is the point of getting the Touring?

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yup, Chrysler should just adopt the Honda model and just have rigid trim levels. Its a pain sometimes but you'll never second guess yourself and more than anything the different trim levels are a good deal with the level of options you get. Plus I'm sure Honda saves a ton of money by not having 1000's of possible combinations!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yup, Chrysler should just adopt the Honda model and just have rigid trim levels. Its a pain sometimes but you'll never second guess yourself and more than anything the different trim levels are a good deal with the level of options you get. Plus I'm sure Honda saves a ton of money by not having 1000's of possible combinations!
That's Kia's approach. While they do have a slew of trims (5 i think) they have very little options to add on. Either you get the package that has everything or you do not. Chrysler gives you the option to add things like modular pieces. Both has their pros and cons. I myself am a simple person and would rather just have it all or not at all. Of course, that would not limit me from voicing my complaints over them making me buy something that I did not want :grin2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad however, for 4-5K more, you can get the Touring L Plus, which, in my bias mind, is the best bang for the buck trim. That said, what is the point of getting the Touring?
Everybody's different. I have no use for the U Connect Theater, which makes the T-L+ a poor value for me. I'm also perfectly content with cloth, that's another grand or two I'd just as soon not spend. Sure, I'd love a base Limited plus Advanced Safety Tech, but that's a 46k sticker. Something that stickers at 34k and likely will be available for under 30k wih careful shopping and incentives is going be a lot easier on the budget.

I saw it posted here on March 10th but didn't really think much into it until now...

http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/433-2017-chrysler-pacifica-phev-hybrid-general-discussion/7489-production-delay-hybrid-46.html#post132441

If 55% of orders are Limited's & Touring L+'s, I wonder why Chrysler felt the need to add a sixth model below the Touring L. If anything they should have gone the other way and went down to 3-4 trim levels.
I'm really surprised by that 55% figure. I've looked at several dozen dealers' inventories here in Michigan and the lower trim levels are much more common than the T-L+ and Limited. The last one I looked at has 0 Limiteds, 1 T-L+, and 15 T-L, T and LX models on hand.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Everybody's different. I have no use for the U Connect Theater, which makes the T-L+ a poor value for me. I'm also perfectly content with cloth, that's another grand or two I'd just as soon not spend. Sure, I'd love a base Limited plus Advanced Safety Tech, but that's a 46k sticker. Something that stickers at 34k and likely will be available for under 30k wih careful shopping and incentives is going be a lot easier on the budget.

I'm really surprised by that 55% figure. I've looked at several dozen dealers' inventories here in Michigan and the lower trim levels are much more common than the T-L+ and Limited. The last one I looked at has 0 Limiteds, 1 T-L+, and 15 T-L, T and LX models on hand.
I would not assess what folks own by what is on the dealers lot. Actually, it might be the opposite: what is on the dealer's lot is NOT what people own... because it is on their lot!

Let me explain. I hunted around dealerships and asked them about their trims they ordered. The common theme is, "it is a guessing game" because it is a new product. The great deals that you are finding is directly related to the fact that dealers can't move the trims they "guessed" on. I also noticed that, on the trims that are selling, they are adding way too many options (fully loaded) or the wrong options, emergency kit, key sense, mopar mats, and nothing else... the wrong mixes of options that is. Therefore, the vans sit on the lot. After 60 days, the dealer discounts them to move them. Not sure how the laws and taxes work, but I do know that there is a certain amount of time a car can sit on the dealers lot before it starts impacting them negatively. The common theme in Washington dealers was 60 days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I saw it posted here on March 10th but didn't really think much into it until now...

http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/433-2017-chrysler-pacifica-phev-hybrid-general-discussion/7489-production-delay-hybrid-46.html#post132441

If 55% of orders are Limited's & Touring L+'s, I wonder why Chrysler felt the need to add a sixth model below the Touring L. If anything they should have gone the other way and went down to 3-4 trim levels.
Might not need the more entry level trims because caravan is still available to fill part of that segment of the market.

Touring plus sounds like a good idea because it is nice to give people more non leather options.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Might not need the more entry level trims because caravan is still available to fill part of that segment of the market.
Correct. Value oriented buyers are (still) buying the Dodge GC.

March U.S. sales & 2017 YTD:

Grand Caravan: 15,602 40,054
Sienna: 9,770 26,020
Pacifica: 9,340 25,052
Odyssey: 7,727 21,027
Sedona: 2,769 6,418
Quest: 620 3,870

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would not assess what folks own by what is on the dealers lot. Actually, it might be the opposite: what is on the dealer's lot is NOT what people own... because it is on their lot!

Let me explain. I hunted around dealerships and asked them about their trims they ordered. The common theme is, "it is a guessing game" because it is a new product. The great deals that you are finding is directly related to the fact that dealers can't move the trims they "guessed" on. I also noticed that, on the trims that are selling, they are adding way too many options (fully loaded) or the wrong options, emergency kit, key sense, mopar mats, and nothing else... the wrong mixes of options that is. Therefore, the vans sit on the lot. After 60 days, the dealer discounts them to move them. Not sure how the laws and taxes work, but I do know that there is a certain amount of time a car can sit on the dealers lot before it starts impacting them negatively. The common theme in Washington dealers was 60 days.
If you're looking at inventory at a static point in time you are absolutely correct. However, if you're enough of a nerd (and I am) to constantly watch dealer inventory to see what goes in and out, it's a way to see what the dealers are ordering and what's selling**. I'll have to stop in one of these days and ask the sales manager how many deliveries they've made in order to get a better sense, but from monitoring inventory arrivals and departures at this dealership it seems most unlkely that they approach that 55% order rate for the upper trims. They've moved more Touring L's than anything else and only 1 or 2 Limiteds that I remember.

I also feel sorry for them if they start getting hit after 60 days, a lot of these vans have been sitting there quite a bit longer than that.

** and of course there are dealer trades, etc. It's not transparent and not perfect.

Correct. Value oriented buyers are (still) buying the Dodge GC.

March U.S. sales & 2017 YTD:

Grand Caravan: 15,602 40,054
Sienna: 9,770 26,020
Pacifica: 9,340 25,052
Odyssey: 7,727 21,027
Sedona: 2,769 6,418
Quest: 620 3,870
I'd be curious to know how many of those GC sales are retail versus fleet, I haven't seen a lot of GC inventory but barely look since I'm not interested in the GC.

·
Registered
999 Posts
If you're looking at inventory at a static point in time you are absolutely correct. However, if you're enough of a nerd (and I am) to constantly watch dealer inventory to see what goes in and out, it's a way to see what the dealers are ordering and what's selling**. I'll have to stop in one of these days and ask the sales manager how many deliveries they've made in order to get a better sense, but from monitoring inventory arrivals and departures at this dealership it seems most unlkely that they approach that 55% order rate for the upper trims. They've moved more Touring L's than anything else and only 1 or 2 Limiteds that I remember.

I also feel sorry for them if they start getting hit after 60 days, a lot of these vans have been sitting there quite a bit longer than that.

** and of course there are dealer trades, etc. It's not transparent and not perfect.

I'd be curious to know how many of those GC sales are retail versus fleet, I haven't seen a lot of GC inventory but barely look since I'm not interested in the GC.
I assure you that the bean counters with their analytical quantifiable methods beat out your method (mine too) of seeing what sells and what does not ;) You maybe right for your area, but on a macro level,....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Starting to see a decent number of Touring Plusses on dealer lots or in transit. Chrysler site says there are 30+ within 200 miles.

Interesting (to me anyway) to see that virtually none of them are optioned with the 8.4 UConnect + 18" wheels = free overhead DVD package. Also haven't noted any with an "alloy seats" listing in the optional equipment section, though I haven't seen very many interior photos yet.

Probably going to hold out until the 2018 features are announced (at least), but it's getting harder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked up one of these last weekend. We went in for a LX but then realized auto doors were a must. Looked at the touring and I think would of saved maybe $1-2k more, but it was an 8 seater and wanted the 7. Ended up at around $27.5 with 8.4 uconnect, no DVD, 17" rims, and the rest of the options previous listed.

I don't feel I over paid but seeing folks getting touring models for less then $24 makes me think I might of left another $1-2k on the table in failure to negotiate better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No sorry + TT&L, but came to < $30k out the door. We love it, I have never been big on leather and no offense to anyone who have the DVD setup but for me technology gets dated so quickly that I when the time comes we would just use the latest tablet, laptop, or game system if we are going to entertain ourselves.

I am just fingers crossed that if in 2018 they add Android / apple to the stereo they can upgrade old systems too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts