2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Here's the description for the factory hitch receiver from Mopar:

https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/10474208/258758662

The installation instructions at https://mopar.chromedata.com//RichContent/CDJR/K6859745AB.pdf show the new sensor kit (68275630AD) being installed on a new lower valance. They don't show the old sensor on the old valance. Maybe it's just not shown or it's attached elsewhere.

So looks like the worst case scenario is one needs to get the sensor kit for about US$150 online and potentially a new lower valance, or just drill holes in the existing one.
to expand on this, the manual 6ed page 143 shows the location of the rear sensors... they are two separate smaller sensors as opposed to one large sensor being moved for the tow package.

BTW Breezy, that is awesome. Thank you for finding and sharing. I was wondering how the receiver was installed... it is a whole new bumper! This answers the question, can an aftermarket receiver go on the van. I do not see how it can be bolted on there without removing the bumper cover and the old bumper yadda yadda yadda.

Also, I would not mind adding kick sensors for the rear. Don't really need them for the sides. IT appears that I can easily do so.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am wondering if E Trailer says it doesn't interfere with the kick sensors or if it is the parking sensors????? It would not interfere with the parking sensors unless you are backing up and have a trailer behind you. Now the kick sensors yes, that is a different story, they just need to be relocated......I read in another thread that they just had to move the sensor or they bought the extra one......Was not a 1000.00 deal!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed an aftermarket hitch and have no issues with the kick sensors. Just kick to either side of center. Also, careful when putting the pin in the hitch and hooking up chains, etc. The trunk has a tendency to swing up at you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed an aftermarket hitch and have no issues with the kick sensors. Just kick to either side of center. Also, careful when putting the pin in the hitch and hooking up chains, etc. The trunk has a tendency to swing up at you.
Which aftermarket hitch did you install that still let's the kick sensors work? Also do you happen to have an install pic? I don't want it if you end up seeing the whole hitch.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts