2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be moving to Florida soon and want to tow our Pacifica behind the u-haul. Pacifica has a 80 inch from end of tire to end of tire. Tow dollys and trailers will only go to 79"?? U-haul will not rent me a trailer or a tow dolly because of the 80". Has anyone towed there Pacifica with uhaul or Budget?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2017 and I use the American Tow Dolly now with electric brakes. It has a capacity of some 6500# too should you carry things in the van.
They don't show it on their website but they have an extra wide trailer that leaves room to load. It's over 85" inside wheel to inside wheel.
I had an Acme EZe Tow and you are correct, not wide enough it was barely wide enough to load and then the tires would not turn as designed. American uses the old pivoting tray so the tires don't turn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 and I use the American Tow Dolly now with electric brakes. It has a capacity of some 6500# too should you carry things in the van.
They don't show it on their website but they have an extra wide trailer that leaves room to load. It's over 85" inside wheel to inside wheel.
I had an Acme EZe Tow and you are correct, not wide enough it was barely wide enough to load and then the tires would not turn as designed. American uses the old pivoting tray so the tires don't turn.
How do you lock the steering wheel? I just got the American tow Dolly. They strung a strap around my steering wheel and Brake pedal. I stopped after a miles and found one of the wheels out of the wheel tray, and the brake pedal broken. When the pedal arm bent, it loosened the strap on the steering wheel. It The brakes no longer work right. Have to get it repaired at the dealer. Hoping it is not a huge cost. I re-tied the strap to the seat post under the seat that worked fine. If there is another way to lock the steering wheel with out risk to the car or its interior. Every one with these new remote ignition cars would sure benefit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts