2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you all know, I have had a ton of issues with my 2017 Pacifica Limited. Its always in the shop, recurring peeling on the hood, suspension problems, uConnect freezing, electrical gremlins. Today we finally bit the bullet and traded it in today.....on a 2020 Pacifica lol.

My wife wouldn't budge on wanting another minivan, and she wouldn't budge on wanting surround view camera and park assist. Odyssey didnt have those features, and she didnt like the cheaper feel of it vs the Pacifica. Sienna has those features, but its such an old package and the new one isn't out yet, and the second row in Limited/Platinum trim is not adaptable. Sedona would have worked, but same issue with the second row. So, we were reluctantly left with one option...a 2020 Pacifica.

Would have liked to have had a 2021 and AWD, but I figured given my experience a brand new AWD system from FCA (excuse me, Stellantis) was probably best avoided, and the all new uConnect in the 2021 was probably best avoided too. Got a great deal on this one too. Its a Jazz Blue Limited with the Alloy interior. We'll see how the light leather holds up to the kids and my wife. My hope is since this is a 2020 its been out 3 years without a major change it will be much better than our 2017 is.

Seems to drive a little better, but that could be because the front suspension in the 2017 was shot lol. Some nice little tweaks in the displays. The HK audio actually sounds really great, thats a huge upgrade. Trailer hitch will be nice for bikes, etc.

Wife and kids are happy...I'll live. Hopefully I will be a lot less annoyed with this one.

I will get it cleaned up over the next couple days and post some pictures, poring down rain here today.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
269 Posts
I'd think it would be much better. You'll have to let us know what you think of the height-adjustable armrests on the front seats of your 2020. The only persistent problem I can think of would be with ESS and the two battery setup. It's so problematic that I'm convinced it's a forgone conclusion that there will either be a voluntary recall or a class action lawsuit filed. I just joined a Chrysler Pacifica/Voyager Facebook group last week. Everyday multiple people ask about an ESS warning/message or are having symptoms consistent with a battery failure.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh the height adjustable armrests are MUCH better. Much more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hope you have a better experience with this one. I look forward to reading your comments and comparisons vis-a-vis the previous Pacifica.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck with the new van. I've had a few issues with my 2017, but if I was in the market for another van, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Pacifica. I drive my wife's fully loaded Subaru every so often and I am amazed how much better my tech & safety features are than hers.

Do you think you got a good deal on the trade-in? I've always wondered how well they hold their value.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
343 Posts
I'll add my congratulations to you. Lets hope for positive posts going forward.

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited (Gas), Black, Customer Preferred Package 27P, Build Date 03-2020
13 Posts
Congrats! I picked up our 2020 Pacifica last Saturday and we love it. Granted, a week isn't long in terms of ownership but our initial quality impressions are that it is very high. No problems, no issues, no paint runs, no interior fit issues, no warning lights, great mileage and zero complaints. I hope you have the same experience and both of us have years of great service from these 2020 Pacificas.

FYI...we traded a 2019 Ram 1500 in on it...that unit had problems from day one, paint runs, interior fit issues, and a number of other problems. I returned it to the dealer we purchased it from and they made it good with the Pacifica...will see as time will tell. (and yes, my son has a pickup so don't need two in the family)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Yeah my issues with the Pacifica have all been reliability related, as a vehicle its a great one and really all you could hope for in a van. Hopefully this one will be better. The transmission seems to shift a little better in this one too.

Do you think you got a good deal on the trade-in? I've always wondered how well they hold their value.
Yeah the payoff on the lease was $25,100 and they gave me $25,100. KBB trade in "good" was $24,000. I probably could have gotten another $1,500 or so overall out of the deal by shopping it, but these guys had the van the way we wanted it in a color we liked, and the desire to have it done won out over trying to get every dollar out of it. Its a $2,000 MSRP more expensive van and the lease payment is $10 less a month, so all is well.

Got the WiFi hotspot set up yesterday, have to do the XM Guardian and all this morning and then I have some work appointments in the afternoon.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well as you all know, I have had a ton of issues with my 2017 Pacifica Limited. Its always in the shop, recurring peeling on the hood, suspension problems, uConnect freezing, electrical gremlins. Today we finally bit the bullet and traded it in today.....on a 2020 Pacifica lol.

My wife wouldn't budge on wanting another minivan, and she wouldn't budge on wanting surround view camera and park assist. Odyssey didnt have those features, and she didnt like the cheaper feel of it vs the Pacifica. Sienna has those features, but its such an old package and the new one isn't out yet, and the second row in Limited/Platinum trim is not adaptable. Sedona would have worked, but same issue with the second row. So, we were reluctantly left with one option...a 2020 Pacifica.

Would have liked to have had a 2021 and AWD, but I figured given my experience a brand new AWD system from FCA (excuse me, Stellantis) was probably best avoided, and the all new uConnect in the 2021 was probably best avoided too. Got a great deal on this one too. Its a Jazz Blue Limited with the Alloy interior. We'll see how the light leather holds up to the kids and my wife. My hope is since this is a 2020 its been out 3 years without a major change it will be much better than our 2017 is.

Seems to drive a little better, but that could be because the front suspension in the 2017 was shot lol. Some nice little tweaks in the displays. The HK audio actually sounds really great, thats a huge upgrade. Trailer hitch will be nice for bikes, etc.

Wife and kids are happy...I'll live. Hopefully I will be a lot less annoyed with this one.

I will get it cleaned up over the next couple days and post some pictures, poring down rain here today.
Steve,

Having heard (since just about this time last year when I joined the forum) about the myriad issues you’ve had, I’ve got every digit crossed that this ownership experience is completely trouble-free for you. Good luck and happy motoring!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
361 Posts
After reading so many of your posts advising anyone and everyone who asked about buying a new or used Pacifica to stay away, well, I for one am stunned. Shaking my head in bewilderment. Absolutely staggering.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Wow, congratulations. I too thought that Steve was finally done with Pacifica forever. Somehow we feel confident that this vehicle will be much better for you than the previous one. +1 on the Jazz blue and alloy interior. Your minivan is much closer to mine than ever. :D.
Post pictures whenever you can. Oh well, I can simply look at mine and see yours in it. LOL.

Reactions: craig

·
Registered
194 Posts
NO WAY!!... Did you hit your head? someone threatened you? LOLOL, and here I was counting for the new Sedona to be the ubervan and the end all be all things KIA,...

Well, like peterweb has already said: hopefully you won't hate this one as much as the previous one.

I agree, the HK speakers are leaps and bounds better than the standard offering. I also think it makes the noise cancellation better too. :)

As for the 2021... LOL, let someone else be the angry Steve this time... I think you've learned the hard way that first year of anything = endless years of misery.

G.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! As the others have said, I hope this one is trouble/headache free!

We've been doing alright with the Alloy interior... so far. No major mishaps/spills/stains. They still look pretty good, although it would probably benefit from a good wipe down with some leather cleaner.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hope your new one is as trouble-free as mine has been. I love the alloy interior on mine, but my brats are all grown, just wife and I. Switch them to vanilla from chocolate! :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Believe me, nobody is as staggered as I am lol. This was 100% my wife, she just in the end wouldn't compromise on the minivan vs crossover and wouldn't budge on the surround view camera and the adaptable second row and the only option was the Pacifica.

Like I said before though, the Pacifica is the best designed minivan...if this one is reliable it will be A-OK in my book. My second Jeep was much better than my first Jeep, so maybe I will get lucky twice.

Going to clean it up today, finally sunny, and I will post pics.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Washed, detailed and coated the outside. It about killed me, thats the last time this will get hand washed, its BIG. I had never hand washed the other one. I have CarPro CQuartz leather and fabric coatings arriving tomorrow, I will do them in an effort to try and save the light seats. So far a lot of nice little improvements, some switchgear feels better (turn signal stalks, etc), it does ride better, trans seems to shift a little better (still dont like how it shifts but it is what it is).

So far 142 problem free miles lol

Also ordered the Pacifica metal door sill plates which the old one had, and a simple rubber cover for the trailer hitch, which I'm surprised it doesn't have.

Here are some pics, this is probably the best it will ever look! I still think I liked the velvet red better, but this will grow on me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice, who would've guessed this a few weeks ago... Steve proudly posting pictures of his new... Pacifica... Congrats, dude! :) Looks sharp, blue is a good looking color too... just not as good as silver... hahaha.

G.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha, it’s like we’re in the Twilight Zone!

I like the silver, I like Granite and Maximum Steel too. My wife won’t accept a silver, grey or white car though...she likes “colors”.

My Lexus is silver.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts