2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pacifica hybrid just turned one. Seems that the traffic reporting did not work on recent trip. I know the subscription has lapsed, did that mean traffic reporting is no longer available. I did call the Sirius subscription number to ask but they said it was not part of their package! Is there another subscription I need, maybe worry Tom Tom?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using the navigation system for a trip used to show traffic reports on the trip route. It stopped around the time my uconnect subscription expired. It had nothing to do with my phone.
When I called about the subscription which is handled by Sirius, they said traffic was not part of the plan so I am asking why traffic is no longer showing. I checked the settings and traffic is enabled

·
Registered
310 Posts
The in-vehicle nav used SiriusXM's traffic & weather subscription that was complimentary on new vehicles. Sounds like that expired and looking at the XM website the only option available is their Travel Link subscription but that doesn't seem to include the traffic anymore.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Electric blue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The in-vehicle nav used SiriusXM's traffic & weather subscription that was complimentary on new vehicles. Sounds like that expired and looking at the XM website the only option available is their Travel Link subscription but that doesn't seem to include the traffic anymore.
View attachment 49957
Thank you. Do you have a url? I called the number lnked in the uConnect app to talk to the Sirius customer care to renew the subscription and when I asked about the traffic reporting, they said it was not part of their plans. I likely got a bad CS rep. I will contact them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems that my Travel Link is not available on the Pacifica :(

SIRIUSXM® TRAVEL LINK
With available SiriusXM® Travel Link( Disclosure2) (only available on Chrysler 300), get detailed weather information including 5-day forecasts, weather maps and severe storm alerts, plus fuel prices in your local area, movie theater listings and sports scores for your favorite teams. Now you can stay in the know while you’re on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
View attachment 49957
Travel Link is not part of the Uconnect 5 systems with TomTom. Travel Link is only available MY18-MY20 Uconnect 4 systems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Travel Link is not part of the Uconnect 5 systems with TomTom. Travel Link is only available MY18-MY20.
I spent over 2 hours on the phone yesterday.
  • I contacted SiriusXM Guardian since my subscription lapsed. They said real time traffic is not their responsibility, so they transferred me to Chrysler Brand Assistance
  • Chrysler Brand Assistance said it was Connected Services that I needed, so they transferred me there
  • Connected Services said they do not support the Pacifica and I needed to talk to (guess who) -- Sirius Guardian, they transferred me there to complete the circle of life.
  • I explained it again and surprise surprise, I was transferred to Chrysler Brand Assistance. By this time my frustration was showing and the service person had little patience and transferred me to another dept which only services 2017 and older
  • I had calmed down enough to talk to her and she was trying hard to help by contacting me with the Nav team who thought I was asking about a Map Update (because they have to sell something?) and when I explained my issue - not their dept. I confirmed my unit was running the latest version of the s/w and while there I took a picture and sent to them what I was talking about.
    Plant Gps navigation device Automotive navigation system Gadget Motor vehicle
  • the rep opened two cases for me. One about the issue I am having and another about the run-around I was experiencing. Chrysler is dropping the ball in customer service. I should NOT have to spend 2+ hours on the phone with 4 departments talking to 9 people and not have an answer. I like the car but I question if I will get another Chrysler vehicle again.

I am supposed to get contacted within 48 hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just finished a call with the rep responding to my case below. A subscription to SiriusXM Guardian is required to enable the traffic flow reporting. Shame the 3+ SiriusXM Reps and the multitude of Chrysler reps did not know this!

So, I need to renew the SiriusXM Guardian Subscription and the least expensive one is $159 on sale for $130. Really? What a scam.

Do people have any luck with Android Auto? my experience has been spotty so far, but I have not tried enough.

I spent over 2 hours on the phone yesterday.
  • I contacted SiriusXM Guardian since my subscription lapsed. They said real time traffic is not their responsibility, so they transferred me to Chrysler Brand Assistance
  • Chrysler Brand Assistance said it was Connected Services that I needed, so they transferred me there
  • Connected Services said they do not support the Pacifica and I needed to talk to (guess who) -- Sirius Guardian, they transferred me there to complete the circle of life.
  • I explained it again and surprise surprise, I was transferred to Chrysler Brand Assistance. By this time my frustration was showing and the service person had little patience and transferred me to another dept which only services 2017 and older
  • I had calmed down enough to talk to her and she was trying hard to help by contacting me with the Nav team who thought I was asking about a Map Update (because they have to sell something?) and when I explained my issue - not their dept. I confirmed my unit was running the latest version of the s/w and while there I took a picture and sent to them what I was talking about. View attachment 49972
  • the rep opened two cases for me. One about the issue I am having and another about the run-around I was experiencing. Chrysler is dropping the ball in customer service. I should NOT have to spend 2+ hours on the phone with 4 departments talking to 9 people and not have an answer. I like the car but I question if I will get another Chrysler vehicle again.

I am supposed to get contacted within 48 hours.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle Maximum Steel
128 Posts
Do people have any luck with Android Auto? my experience has been spotty so far, but I have not tried enough.
Honestly I use Android auto when I need guidance, otherwise just use the integrated navigation. If there's traffic I simply turn on Wireless Android Auto and set guidance there.

Based on my experience maps is connected to the Guardian subscription, but so far I don't feel like renewing as I feel cost is excessive. Maybe I will buy a month for the convenience pack if we are going on a roadtrip to be able to lock/unlock and remote start it from my phone. Otherwise, the app is buggy and it really doesn't add much value. Not sure if all packages include traffic or if certain package is needed.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I just finished a call with the rep responding to my case below. A subscription to SiriusXM Guardian is required to enable the traffic flow reporting. Shame the 3+ SiriusXM Reps and the multitude of Chrysler reps did not know this!

So, I need to renew the SiriusXM Guardian Subscription and the least expensive one is $159 on sale for $130. Really? What a scam.

I was going to post a screenshot from the website showing this. I'll post it anyway for future reference. They have it hidden with a (1) you have to click on for more info. I hate it when companies do that. The ironic part about this is our maps are WAY out of date and traffic is bundled into the subscription. The stand-alone TomTom units get free updates every quarter and real-time traffic is free too. Without clicking on that (1) they make it look like it is the same service with stand-alone units people with TomToms would be accustomed to.

Font Screenshot Line Software Parallel

Reactions: jcastill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to post a screenshot from the website showing this. I'll post it anyway for future reference. They have it hidden with a (1) you have to click on for more info. I hate it when companies do that. The ironic part about this is our maps are WAY out of date and traffic is bundled into the subscription. The stand-alone TomTom units get free updates every quarter and real-time traffic is free too. Without clicking on that (1) they make it look like it is the same service with stand-alone units people with TomToms would be accustomed to.
also nuts none of the customer support reps I talked to knew that!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
also nuts none of the customer support reps I talked to knew that!
That seems to be the norm with any company you call today. None of them have any problem processing payment though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Or are unwilling to return money which they withdrew from a canceled subscription service like we experienced earlier this week from N….n. After a half hour on the phone telling the rep that the subscription was canceled a month ago and that all he has to do is listen to the “recorded conversation” to hear the cancellation message we discussed, I got him to transfer me to his supervisor who finally agreed after my instance that what they were doing perhaps is illegal to refund our money. Who would believe that their policy is to NOT return your money?????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That seems to be the norm with any company you call today. None of them have any problem processing payment though.
do you know if Traffic Services is in ALL the packages? I did renew because it is my spouses car, not mine, and Android Auto is not reliable enough to burden her with it. It was renewed, but I do not yet see the traffic service showing as active.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
do you know if Traffic Services is in ALL the packages? I did renew because it is my spouses car, not mine, and Android Auto is not reliable enough to burden her with it. It was renewed, but I do not yet see the traffic service showing as active.
You might need to call them and be sitting in your vehicle while it is running and have them send a refresh signal to the onboard services.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pacifica hybrid just turned one. Seems that the traffic reporting did not work on recent trip. I know the subscription has lapsed, did that mean traffic reporting is no longer available. I did call the Sirius subscription number to ask but they said it was not part of their package! Is there another subscription I need, maybe worry Tom Tom?
I had the same problem and still fighting with Uconnect. I only had traffic for a few months before it disappeared so consider yourself lucky. I also spent hours on the phone finger-pointing as well with Sirius and Uconnect. I even went back to the dealer and he couldn't get anywhere either. They must be aware of the problem but are not addressing it. My 2010 had better traffic than the 2021, Unbelievable. I don't believe that Guardian provides traffic. Am I wrong?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts