2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
82214522AB is the accessory trailer wiring harness. It's not going to include an under dash brake controller connector- that comes free with a dash wiring harness. In 2019, there are 27 different part numbers for that harness, 6 of them are for various options that include trailer tow. If you don't have the tow package, your best choice is a wireless controller and your second best choice is running your own wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So it was plug and play? I have a Prodigy P2 or P3 and maybe if it's easy, I would do the hard wire!
I am planning to install a techonsa controller. I have 2018 Pacifica LImited with a tow package. I think I know where the connector is. I have no idea how to open the under dash panel. Could you please explain it for me?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes if you have the factory tow package, your van is prewired for a brake controller.
Thank you for the kind explanation on the brake controller. My question is how to open the under dash panel to reach the plug? Is it easy enough for a beginner? Many thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can reach it without removing anything. Find grey connector going nowhere. Remove the dummy plug on there. Snap in the controller harness & mount your controller. All done

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thank you for the kind explanation on the brake controller. My question is how to open the under dash panel to reach the plug? Is it easy enough for a beginner? Many thanks.
I did a pic and instructions on my facebook group called " Chrysler Pacifica and Voyager minivan owners "

https://www.facebook.com/groups/175112859513921/

I too thought it would be hard, but is not. Maybe 20 to 30 min time.

·
Registered
2017 - Pacifica Limited
7 Posts
Thank you all for the very detailed information on this subject.
Just got my controller installed in about 20 minutes. Finding the plug was very easy due to this thread.
Decided to go with the Curt Spectrum Controller as it made for a clean look.
20200513_193322.jpg

61 - 68 of 68 Posts