2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a Touring Plus (hopefully) With Advance Tech, 18" rims (S Package or Painted w/o S Package).
I'm wondering if the Trailer Towing package is worth the price? Even though I may never Tow, I like the Bigger Radiator and Alternator does the:
Trailer Sway Damping help with no trailer?
"Trailer Sway Control[1] recognizes unexpected vehicle or trailer motion that is not caused by steering input. The system then uses Electronic Stability Control[2] to apply brake pressure on alternating wheels and adjust engine throttle to help eliminate the sway and maintain the vehicle and trailer system stability."
The receiver hitch, harness are good to have just in case I do tow.
But I do carry a lot of tools and equipment always so it may be better overall, your opinion?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have the tow package, and have never noticed any of the features activating.
On the other hand, I have an airbag, and am glad to have it, even tho it has never deployed.
I know that the above is not much help, but it is all I can offer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I got one for for a couple reasons - first being "just in case", secondly I wanted to have the bicycle tow hitch for the kidos, and lastly the anti-sway feature(going back to first reason) and the heavy duty radiator

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've towed 3600lb through the Rockies using an aftermarket hitch. It behaved wonderfully. No sway software needed (though I'm sure it's nice when towing in a wicked cross wind). Further, I'd be more worried about the tranny than the engine temp, as both will rise on long climbs and hot weather. However, the package doesn't do a thing for tranny temps. Just engine. So it doesn't seem that worth it to me unless you think you'll scrape an aftermarket hitch on really steep exit angles (it's 2-3" lower). But a $120 aftermarket hitch will do the job in just about any circumstance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
thclimer
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing