2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a year plus of the random sip and slam into second gear and lots of useless visits to the dealer and Chrysler Care communications, it's finally fixed.
They changed out the whole transmission and I've driven 1,400 miles so far with no issue.
The key was the "check engine" light finally came on and there was an error stored that the dealer could see (they always would say if it doesn't happen on a test drive, or there is no saved code - they can't do anything) The code showed a problem with a "speed sensor" but the dealer was advised by corporate, to swap out the whole transmission. It's suspected that corp knows there is an issue and wants the whole thing to study.
Here's a hint to maybe help you get to the point of it finally erroring out... It happened when my birder wife was driving on a bird count. That means it was driven very slow with stops and starts for a couple of hrs.
Anyway, I'm glad that it finally seems to be fixed. I really love this vehicle, but that sure was frustrating..
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Well after a year plus of the random sip and slam into second gear and lots of useless visits to the dealer and Chrysler Care communications, it's finally fixed.
They changed out the whole transmission and I've driven 1,400 miles so far with no issue.
The key was the "check engine" light finally came on and there was an error stored that the dealer could see (they always would say if it doesn't happen on a test drive, or there is no saved code - they can't do anything) The code showed a problem with a "speed sensor" but the dealer was advised by corporate, to swap out the whole transmission. It's suspected that corp knows there is an issue and wants the whole thing to study.
Here's a hint to maybe help you get to the point of it finally erroring out... It happened when my birder wife was driving on a bird count. That means it was driven very slow with stops and starts for a couple of hrs.
Anyway, I'm glad that it finally seems to be fixed. I really love this vehicle, but that sure was frustrating..
Good luck!
That's great! Will you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, build date, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP or at least put it in a post? The build date would also be helpful since based on your join date, my van might be of the same vintage. The build date is on the edge of the driver's door. I have had the transmission adaptations reset twice so far in 33,000 miles and suspect that it was a temporary fix. I also read that a part of the transmission (or something related to dog clutch?) was changed.

Thanks for posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts