2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Pacifica is at 16k miles. Bought in February.

On highways and sometimes on normal roads too my van jumps and jolts when accelerating from low speeds.
This typically happens when the van comes to a stop on the highways due to a traffic jam or at a red light. When I push gas to accelerate to a high speed, as soon as I hit 15 mph I get jolt.
Does anyone has similar issue? I know there are few threads here about transmission issues but did not see any resolution.

Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY car hasn’t done this continually. I will also be driving and my car down shifts when accelerating. I was almost hit by 2 cars because it went from 4 or 5 gear down to 1 when I was accelerating to get on freeway. My car stopped so suddenly the 2 cars behind me had to drive into the dirt to avoid hitting me. It was very traumatic I think for all parties. My car also bolts forward when stopping. This will happen continually after doing a harder break, for the remainder of the time the until car is turned off. Sometimes it will just do it randomly and if I’m driving a longer distance it will start doing it after about 40 miles. The dealership had taken my car multiple times, with the last time them having it for 4 months, and each time they did the same update they had done the few weeks prior.i just filed a lemon law suit against them for not resolving my issues after multiple attempts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2018 had somewhat similar problems.It would bang shortly after taking off and sometimes would not shift at the right RPM's.Once it got stuck in third gear and at 55 I was over 4000rpm.On the way to the dealer the engine check light came on and it said service transmission.Dealer right off the bat said it was the transmission pressure valve and internal wiring harness Parts were ordered and I was given a loaner.They replaced the parts and said the wiring harness connection was improper and it shorted out the valve which controls all the shifting patterns.They did the soft wear learn to the new valve and some small tweaks to smooth out the down shifts.Works better now then the day I took her off the lot.I'm lucky to have a great dealer in Carson City Nevada named Carson Dodge has great techs and they try to do everything they can for there customers.Hope this might help cause from what I read here there sure are a lot of crappy service departments.I'll finish with the loaner I had for five days was a 2018 Dodge Caravan and while I was happy to get a free loaner I sure was happy to get my Pacifica back.Caravan rode like a bread truck.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
My 2018 had somewhat similar problems.It would bang shortly after taking off and sometimes would not shift at the right RPM's.Once it got stuck in third gear and at 55 I was over 4000rpm.On the way to the dealer the engine check light came on and it said service transmission.Dealer right off the bat said it was the transmission pressure valve and internal wiring harness Parts were ordered and I was given a loaner.They replaced the parts and said the wiring harness connection was improper and it shorted out the valve which controls all the shifting patterns.They did the soft wear learn to the new valve and some small tweaks to smooth out the down shifts.Works better now then the day I took her off the lot.I'm lucky to have a great dealer in Carson City Nevada named Carson Dodge has great techs and they try to do everything they can for there customers.Hope this might help cause from what I read here there sure are a lot of crappy service departments.I'll finish with the loaner I had for five days was a 2018 Dodge Caravan and while I was happy to get a free loaner I sure was happy to get my Pacifica back.Caravan rode like a bread truck.
Hi edgeman55,

If you ever are in need of additional assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us privately. We're always happy to assist.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi edgeman55,

If you ever are in need of additional assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us privately. We're always happy to assist.

Alex
Chrysler Cares
My pacifica coded again yesterday and would not shift gears-it's back at the dealer for the same problem they had fixed.Bigger problem is my lack of trust to take this vehicle anywhere.sure would hate to have this happen on hwy95 halfway to Vegas!Thanks for the offer and hope I will not need your assistance.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
My pacifica coded again yesterday and would not shift gears-it's back at the dealer for the same problem they had fixed.Bigger problem is my lack of trust to take this vehicle anywhere.sure would hate to have this happen on hwy95 halfway to Vegas!Thanks for the offer and hope I will not need your assistance.
You're welcome, edgeman55. We're always here to assist whenever needed.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting to read this. I've had similar issues, but maybe not quite the same. There are times when I'm accelerating slowly from a stop, like in a parking lot or residential streets, and right around the 2 to 3 gear shift it'll either slam into gear (kind of like someone earlier mentioned) or other times seems like it's slipping, where the engine will rev but no acceleration. That lasts for maybe a second or 2. If I let off the gas it'll "catch" the gear again. Very disturbing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you guys reporting these issues to NHTSA? A transmission that won't go in gear so the vehicle doesn't move is clearly a safety issue.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Interesting to read this. I've had similar issues, but maybe not quite the same. There are times when I'm accelerating slowly from a stop, like in a parking lot or residential streets, and right around the 2 to 3 gear shift it'll either slam into gear (kind of like someone earlier mentioned) or other times seems like it's slipping, where the engine will rev but no acceleration. That lasts for maybe a second or 2. If I let off the gas it'll "catch" the gear again. Very disturbing.
Hi dbowperson,

Please feel free to follow up via private message as we have responded to your message!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Are you guys reporting these issues to NHTSA? A transmission that won't go in gear so the vehicle doesn't move is clearly a safety issue.
Hi lutorm,

We certainly regret to hear this! Please feel free to send us a private message with more details as we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If you put your van info in the signature line of the account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts. Build date is on the edge of the driver's door.

My van has around 53,800 miles now and the 15 mph jolts have returned. So the van shifted well for about 9,000 miles after the last fix (44,000 miles or so). (Transmission adaptations have be reset twice previously and the clutch pack filling time was adjusted last time.) For my van, the 15 mph jolt happens randomly at first and at this point has occurred about three times in a week. I expect it to eventually happen daily if the pattern from the past repeats itself. I was considering having the van looked at by a "higher level" technician recommended by the FCA customer assistance, but with all that is going on I decided to wait until summer. I have an extended warranty so I plan to keep getting the van worked on. I like the van and want to keep it as long as I can.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts