2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of 2017 Pacifica owners had issues with the hard shifting transmission. I took mine in twice for this issue after almost getting in an accident. The first time, the dealer stated they couldn't duplicate the problem, so they reset the TCM. The second time, because the TCM reset only helped for a week, they said there was a software update. The update seemed to help the issue. Fast foward to a year later and the issue is back. I once again take it to the dealer and they say software update but this time it's not covered because I'm over 60,000 miles. I contact Chrysler and they don't seem to want to help. It doesn't seem right that I addressed the issue while it was still under the 60,000 mile warranty, was under the impression the issue was fixed but now that the issue is back it's my problem??? Chrysler needs to back their product. I don't even want this vehicle for fear it's going to stall out and cause me to get in a wreck. This is a safety hazard and I am preparing myself for an accident and praying that my childeren are not in the car when it does inevitably happen.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What is the time frame from your tranny service date till reporting it again When did you get it flashed for software update ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, the problematic units are super problematic it seems. And Chrysler continues to punt on it. It's the main reason why we'll dump our 2017 gas that we have in the family before the powertrain warranty is up. It's a shame. Newer model years seem to have less incidents, but still not the most trust inspiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts