2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It looks like they have a dual pane sunroof that is an option on some models. It seems to be part of the 8-passenger seating. It is not available on any hybrid, Limited, or the Pinnacle, none of which offer 8-passenger seating.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so am I to understand that the 2021 hybrid, limited and the pinnacle will continue to have the tri-pane roof while the touring and touring L models have this new dual pane because of the 8 seater option?

Was this how it was on the 2020 models as well (i.e. hybrid and limited come with tri-pane?)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Pretty much, but the 2020 Limited also offered 8 seats with the dual pane roof. The difference is that the 2021 Limited has AWD standard, and that is not compatible with 8 seats.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much, but the 2020 Limited also offered 8 seats with the dual pane roof. The difference is that the 2021 Limited has AWD standard, and that is not compatible with 8 seats.
Aah...thank you so much - that helps me understand why I was seeing only the AWD option for the 2021 Limited. Was wondering if that was a website error.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Many of us hope that after production gets rolling, both the Limited and Pinnacle will be available with FWD, along with the parallel price decrease (which is close to $3000).

This is just a guess, but maybe the reason why AWD and 8 seats are not compatible is that the extra mounting support for that middle seat interferes with the drive shaft.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Many of us hope that after production gets rolling, both the Limited and Pinnacle will be available with FWD, along with the parallel price decrease (which is close to $3000).
If this is informational for you...

I can currently order a 2021 FWD Pinnacle RUCS53 w/ 27S Package at a starting price $64,190 CAD.
The AWD Pinnacle RUFS53 w/ 27S starts at $67,690 CAD.

When putting in the order, the Pinnacle is so loaded I get 3 options to add. Splash Guards, Tow Group, and Protective film. Adding those makes a max top price of $69,520 CAD which includes destination. $3000 is pretty much the difference. The spring price increase will probably be like most of the other increases. Adds $200 for cars and vans. Up to $400 for trucks.

I was designing a Touring L Plus for the dealer principle. He doesn't want a Limited or higher. Single driver so no entertainment and as little sunlight as possible in the lightest coloured interior. There is a lot of cross coverage of a single option that is included in two different groups. But if you want parts of each group you pay for the full groups and 'double pay' for a single option. That is were I rebuild the van over and over seeing if you can select a group and then options in pieces to max out your dollar.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
That's odd. Maybe Canadians are not forced to order AWD on the two higher models. The US build web side does not allow FWD, and the feature matrix does not show it.

It's still a mystery as to why FCA is doing this. Toyota had a pretty slim take rate on AWD for the Sienna. Sure, some people demand it, and it's fine that they offer it to meet that demand.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Then there's hope that the US will eventually get FWD Limiteds and Pinnacles. Right now it's some strange marketing decision.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Interesting because on brochure it states awd as a option and fwd as the norm ...I thinks awd first because we are at the time of the year for rain and snow conditions . And selling a awd will be a no brainer right now . Also the Sienna awd is out so that’s my assumption...
CDBC7A25-72EA-446B-85D9-6B7F4352C614.png

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
That's a fleet brochure. They always have a different option list. The US consumer build site does not allow FWD on the two high end models.

I noticed that using the current exchange rates, it would cost me about $3000 US dollars less to buy a Pacifica in Canada. I suspect that has something to do with how taxes are paid.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Again because they are pushing awd and also clearing out inventory. The take rate on awd in summer will be way lower compared to fall, winter, spring months .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm seeing an option for a Bi-Pane roof on the 2021 models - is this a replacement for the tri-pane sunroof? Anyone know what the difference is?

View attachment 44763
RE What's the difference: From the photo you provided, it looks like the forward sunroof only comes in one piece. On my 2017 Pacifica, the forward sunroof is made in 2 stages. The front piece of the forward sunroof can slide backward perhaps 12 inches to allow air ... sort of like you see limos where people can stand up or wave thru the top, altho in the pacifica, the placement over the front seats would probably make it difficult for a person to stand up thru the sunroof. The front piece of the forward sunroof can also remain in position, but I can flip up the rear of it for about a 2 or 3" opening. The rearward sunroof does not open. One question I would ask, depending on whether it's important to you, is if the sunroof opens at all on the model you showed. I don't open mine a lot, but I frequently travel with dogs, and I like being able to provide an additional source of fresh air when I need to leave the car for a while. Inside, there is a solid piece matching the vehicle's roof that covers each portion of the sunroof that you slide back to allow light through the overhead glass when desired, and it must be opened if you open the sunroof, .
Here's a photo from the 2017 brochure showing the 2 segments of the forward sunroof, as well as the rear sunroof.

Sorry, I couldn't delete all the extra white space from the photo. Hope this helps. Shirley M

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seems like tri panaromic sunroof of standard on hybrid limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts