2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
What I was told was that it unless the market calls for it, is not going to be one of the higher production colors like bright white etc. So, I didn't mean it to sound like only 500 would be made like it was a limited number or anything like that.
Ah, so the dealer that you talked to thinks that Tusk White will be an unpopular color. That makes sense, I don't see terribly many off-white cars.

Everything I've read here still leads me to believe that this will be a pearl coat. Several dealership websites list it as such, even if the official Chrysler web page does not. I would guess that the salesmen that people have talked to that claim it's "metallic" are either dumbing-down their knowledge or simply don't know better. My salesman was able to answer almost none of my questions correctly without looking up the answers for me and getting back to me.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I ordered the Tusk White Limited, to be built 9/6

Damoncaravan, did your van get built today? My tusk was scheduled for shipping today (ordered 8/1). Just called Chrysler and it still in D1 status.
I ordered on 7/29.....I emailed Matt saying today is the day......here is the email I got.....

"Hi. I pulled our 21’ ski boat home last night and had no problems. It really did great on the highway. How big is your camper?
Talked to someone at the plant and think I will be able get some pictures tomorrow. Looks like it might drop in to general assembly then which will help alleviate your long weekend fears "

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got off the phone with Chrysler. Finally being built. Currently in "E" status.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Finally did the test drive with the wife on Tuesday, and negotiated pricing over email today. Dropping by dealer tomorrow to order and to place a deposit. Fully loaded tusk/mocha, but we're going with the 8 passenger seating and passing on the vacuum in favor of a spare.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Finally did the test drive with the wife on Tuesday, and negotiated pricing over email today. Dropping by dealer tomorrow to order and to place a deposit. Fully loaded tusk/mocha, but we're going with the 8 passenger seating and passing on the vacuum in favor of a spare.
putting down a deposit? why?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
FYI - I didn't put a deposit down on mine when it was ordered.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always placed a deposit down on cars that I've ordered (BMW M5 with specific interior color, recent launch edition Mazda MX5, working on a Porsche 991 now) or wait listed on (BMW M4/M2 when they first came out). I mainly do it as a measure of good faith, and ensure that it is completely refundable based on conditions that I set.

I know it's just a minivan, but I'm just used to doing it that way. I've owned two Odyssey Touring Elites in the last 5 years. It's no fun to buy them. Pick an exterior color, pick an interior color, and you're done. Chrysler has a bunch of options, which for me is intriguing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks to me like the same color as the Jeep Renegade 'Mojave Sand' color.
Which to me is 'tan'. Back to the drawing board for me....

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
putting down a deposit? why?
Lots of dealers require a deposit to place an order. My local dealer used to charge a $500 deposit. Now they require $2000.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So, back to deciding what kind of paint. Mica? metal flake? or a combination. I understand there is an infinite number of possible combinations to give different effects. Does it matter? (no).

What does matter is that neither the dealer, nor the internet can cough up touch-up paint yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mohave sand is more like the molten silver that is out. I consider the molten silver Chrysler's tan color. I'm really diggin' this cream color. Something I doubt Honda will offer in the future.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not the same color as the renegade at all, that is a more darker tan color on the renegade.

As far as a deposit, no way. I have never placed a deposit, nor would I ever. If it came in wrong, I am not gonna be held hostage. I trust my guy and he trusts me. I went to another dealer closer to me that I just wanted to test drive one and they had to get it from a sister store, they actually asked me to put a 500 deposit down as they would need to go get it, I stated nope, and who falls for that ****? As I was waiting for the sales guy to come back I heard all these other sales guys being the middle man talking the bs game they do to "con' people. I hate dealers like that. I guess I am lucky to know general managers and owners etc cutting to the chase. Invoice minus half of the holdback minus all of the incentives. They make a little bit, they also make a volume sale.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not the same color as the renegade at all, that is a more darker tan color on the renegade.

As far as a deposit, no way. I have never placed a deposit, nor would I ever. If it came in wrong, I am not gonna be held hostage. I trust my guy and he trusts me. I went to another dealer closer to me that I just wanted to test drive one and they had to get it from a sister store, they actually asked me to put a 500 deposit down as they would need to go get it, I stated nope, and who falls for that ****? As I was waiting for the sales guy to come back I heard all these other sales guys being the middle man talking the bs game they do to "con' people. I hate dealers like that. I guess I am lucky to know general managers and owners etc cutting to the chase. Invoice minus half of the holdback minus all of the incentives. They make a little bit, they also make a volume sale.
Everyone can have their opinion on deposits. In the end, it doesn't matter. I've bought tons of cars. Low and high end. High end cars that are special ordered require a deposit. Cars that are highly desirable in order to get on a wait list require a deposit. If you say no, there is a line of 5-10 people behind you willing to throw down that cash. I'm not talking anything crazy $500-1000, and everything that I put down is refundable. I've never had any of my deposits held hostage. If the car that I ordered is not to my specification, I tell the dealer to build me another one. I know this is just a minivan, but dropping deposits is the way I do business. It goes towards the overall purchase anyway. Not really a big deal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I completed my order for a Tusk White/Mocha Limited in 15 minutes at the dealership yesterday. Now for the wait. Probably see it in December. I've liked both Odyssey's that we've had, but decided for a change. Every Chrysler minivan I've driven had had more pep, and I like that there are a lot of color and equipment options, something that Honda tends to be more vanilla on. Chrysler did a great job with the Pacifica. Hopefully reliability won't be an issue, and I'm set.

21 - 40 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
39 Participants
GaryS
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing