2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sorry, I thought the PDF they sent me uploaded, here are the pics, had to take apart from the PDF as that file was to large......I am getting excited.....

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
This Touring L showed up at a local CDJ dealer in Tusk White. This is the first time I saw one in person and here are my thoughts and picture. The picture was adjusted to match what my eyes saw.

First, the color is NOT metallic or pearl. It is like the bright white. The White Tusk would have been superb in a pearl paint job. With that said, it is a decent looking color. It almost looks like a semi-gloss which really makes the chrome trim stand out and pop.

Second, the bumpers are a darker shade than the body. Seriously. Now I know the metallic will be spread

Third, If you want to know what a white car looks like in the Pacifica NW in wintertime, this is what it would look like. Great for camouflaging that your car is dirty!

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
I completed my order for a Tusk White/Mocha Limited in 15 minutes at the dealership yesterday. Now for the wait. Probably see it in December. I've liked both Odyssey's that we've had, but decided for a change. Every Chrysler minivan I've driven had had more pep, and I like that there are a lot of color and equipment options, something that Honda tends to be more vanilla on. Chrysler did a great job with the Pacifica. Hopefully reliability won't be an issue, and I'm set.
you mean you do not like the 1990's gray interior anymore?

·
Registered
151 Posts
you mean you do not like the 1990's gray interior anymore?
If we are talking about the Honda, yup. First Odyssey, gray interior, second Odyssey, went with the truffle (dark gray/brown?) interior. I had been following the 2017 Odyssey development, but it has stalled a bit. Also looking at the current Pilot, interior colors are still boring...Honda has added just a little more pop to their exterior colors in recent years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If we are talking about the Honda, yup. First Odyssey, gray interior, second Odyssey, went with the truffle (dark gray/brown?) interior. I had been following the 2017 Odyssey development, but it has stalled a bit. Also looking at the current Pilot, interior colors are still boring...Honda has added just a little more pop to their exterior colors in recent years.
Couldn't agree more! 3 time Honda Ody owner and colors are boring but safety was good so that overrode aesthetics! Cant wait to see IIHS report Tuesday 9/20 on 2017 Pacifica safety tests!

·
Registered
60 Posts
This Touring L showed up at a local CDJ dealer in Tusk White. This is the first time I saw one in person and here are my thoughts and picture. The picture was adjusted to match what my eyes saw.

First, the color is NOT metallic or pearl. It is like the bright white. The White Tusk would have been superb in a pearl paint job. With that said, it is a decent looking color. It almost looks like a semi-gloss which really makes the chrome trim stand out and pop.

Second, the bumpers are a darker shade than the body. Seriously. Now I know the metallic will be spread

Third, If you want to know what a white car looks like in the Pacifica NW in wintertime, this is what it would look like. Great for camouflaging that your car is dirty!
I certainly don't doubt your eyes - or your camera, but personal opinion aside on the color I gotta think they messed up the bumper color. It may look OK, but it does not look correct - to me.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Finally a dealer near me had a Tusk White come in......Gohawks1224, the bumpers were the same shade and were not any variance on this one. It looked great and I was 9-% on my ordered Pacifica, but now I am stoked that I saw the color in person, in the direct sun, it's light, but in shade looks to be tan. Here are the pics, this is only on a Touring.....so less chrome....I am going to black out all the chrome on my Limited as I do not like chrome.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
a few more

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts

The tusk white does have a bit of metallic/pearl whatever in it. It certainly isn't flat like the bright white, so to speak. I wouldn't have ordered it if that was the case.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
only downside to these types of paints with many layers to them is, if you want it to always look that good, you need to get into a routine of proper care.... taking it to a detailer... religiously, then doing certain things inbetween those visits.

·
Registered
742 Posts
All my cars get waxed 2X a year, washed once a week. Going on trips the front gets covered with a bra, they are under cover 95% of the time. Other than keeping a car cover on it, I think my paint should last....

·
Registered
742 Posts
here's a pic of our TW complete with XL dog crate and german shepherd pup during Maine vacation. Great dog vehicle since sliding door windows open and sunroof allows hot air to continually exit.
We need more pics!!!!! Awesome, how has the van been?

·
Registered
999 Posts
The tusk white does have a bit of metallic/pearl whatever in it. It certainly isn't flat like the bright white, so to speak. I wouldn't have ordered it if that was the case.
I am sorry to say, it does not. It does have a clear coat that is glossy. Pearl would be very noticeable due to the metallic flakes having different shades (they actually use real metal or plastic to get the look btw). This can change the "color" of the vehicle where the sunlight hits it. Just look at the Silver or Cordova for example.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Finally a dealer near me had a Tusk White come in......Gohawks1224, the bumpers were the same shade and were not any variance on this one. It looked great and I was 9-% on my ordered Pacifica, but now I am stoked that I saw the color in person, in the direct sun, it's light, but in shade looks to be tan. Here are the pics, this is only on a Touring.....so less chrome....I am going to black out all the chrome on my Limited as I do not like chrome.
awsome pics. Yes, it does get a lot lighter in the sun. I also noticed it is hard to tell the color shades of the plastic pieces and the metal parts in the sunlight... However, now that I am aware, I looked at the all white Pacifica this dealer has on the lot, and it too has SOME of the plastic pieces a darker shade of white (again, no sunlight, overcasted skies). This time, it was the rocker pannel in front of the rear tire that was a darker shade of white than the rest of the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am sorry to say, it does not. It does have a clear coat that is glossy. Pearl would be very noticeable due to the metallic flakes having different shades (they actually use real metal or plastic to get the look btw). This can change the "color" of the vehicle where the sunlight hits it. Just look at the Silver or Cordova for example.

We can agree to disagree, but Chrysler does not call it tusk white PEARL coat for nothing. I have personally seen three Pacificas in tusk white pearl, and I would not have ordered the color if it didn't have a metallic/pearl effect to it. An actual tusk white owner in this very thread describes a very subtle metallic/pearl effect to the paint...

·
Registered
999 Posts
We can agree to disagree, but Chrysler does not call it tusk white PEARL coat for nothing. I have personally seen three Pacificas in tusk white pearl, and I would not have ordered the color if it didn't have a metallic/pearl effect to it. An actual tusk white owner in this very thread describes a very subtle metallic/pearl effect to the paint...
I stand corrected, on their window stickers it just says Tusk White exterior paint. On their build page, same thing. On the gallery, they call it pearl. Thank you.

41 - 60 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
39 Participants
GaryS
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing