2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L + w/o Sphere and front and rear parking assist (chip shortage)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one on the right controls the dashboard lights and maybe some other stuff but the one on the left does absolutely nothing that I can tell. When I spin it or click it on and off nothing comes on or off, nothing dims, or gets brighter. What is it for and is whatever it's for not working?

·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
The one on the right controls the dashboard lights and maybe some other stuff but the one on the left does absolutely nothing that I can tell. When I spin it or click it on and off nothing comes on or off, nothing dims, or gets brighter. What is it for and is whatever it's for not working?
As silly as it sounds, the left one actually dims the small lights in your interior door handle and overhead light by your sunglass holder in the top center of headboard.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle door Gas
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L + w/o Sphere and front and rear parking assist (chip shortage)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As silly as it sounds, the left one actually dims the small lights in your interior door handle and overhead light by your sunglass holder in the top center of headboard. View attachment 51757 View attachment 51758
Wow, what a useless feature. It also looks like depending on the trim level (in my case a non-hybrid touring L +) I don't even have the lights in the door handles. The only light I have is the dim one by the sunglass holder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my van there are also ambient interior lights in the rear rows. It’s for ambient lighting.
So how could I determine if i have them and they don’t work or if my Pacifica (non hybrid) touring - L + doesn’t come with them?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
1,159 Posts
Well there isn’t a Touring L+ for MY2022, so I’m guessing you have a Touring L. I believe looking at the 2022 brochure that you likely have ambient lighting in the front over the console on your Touring L, but that’s it. The rear ambient lighting is on the Limited and Pinnacle GasPac trims only. You may also have light like the interior door handle lights, but they might not react to that ambient light wheel. The best way to test what you have is go somewhere dark and run that wheel up and down and see what lighting changes in your van.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
The rear ambient lighting is on the Limited and Pinnacle GasPac trims only.
My Pinnacle hybrid has ambient lighting in all door handles, front cup holders, over the center console, and over the 4 rear seat locations. Everyone that has ridden in my Pinnacle at night always complements the interior night lighting.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well there isn’t a Touring L+ for MY2022, so I’m guessing you have a Touring L. I believe looking at the 2022 brochure that you likely have ambient lighting in the front over the console on your Touring L, but that’s it. The rear ambient lighting is on the Limited and Pinnacle GasPac trims only. You may also have light like the interior door handle lights, but they might not react to that ambient light wheel. The best way to test what you have is go somewhere dark and run that wheel up and down and see what lighting changes in your van.
Hi SKPacHY, You're right, it is not a +, It's an S appearance package. I did try the dark place and I didn't even notice the light over the console at first, until the above person pointed it out. I should have bought the Hybrid, not because of this but for many other reasons. With the tax credit I realize now there wasn't much difference in price, although not many dealers had any and the ones that did were charging a fortune over MSMP. I'm still very happy with what I have. We had a handicapped motorized swing-out seat installed and it works great for my wife to get in and out easy and to haul here wheelchair, etc.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi SKPacHY, You're right, it is not a +, It's an S appearance package. I did try the dark place and I didn't even notice the light over the console at first, until the above person pointed it out. I should have bought the Hybrid, not because of this but for many other reasons. With the tax credit I realize now there wasn't much difference in price, although not many dealers had any and the ones that did were charging a fortune over MSMP. I'm still very happy with what I have. We had a handicapped motorized swing-out seat installed and it works great for my wife to get in and out easy and to haul here wheelchair, etc.
Unfortunately with the 2022s there had been quite a bit of decontenting, especially with the Hybrids. Lots of nice options were pushed up to the Limited and Pinnacle trims only. I have a 2021 Hybrid Touring L+ and my only regret is not springing for the S Appearance Package! It looks great!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
For the ambient lighting to become apparent you have to be somewhere real dark. A street with lights on it isn’t dark enough really.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts