2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

For the second time in two months my Uconnect screen went black just after an L2 charge. The first time the dealer replaced some module, but it happened again just today. I'm bringing it in again next week but has anyone else experienced the problem and if so have ways of fixing it until I can get it into the dealer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does the screen come back eventually?
You may need to update the UConnect radio software, ask the dealer to perform service bulletin 08-056-18 REV A. or 08-050-18 REV A.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for the rear screens being blank and they said that it happened because we must have plugged our phone into the USB port next to where the DVD goes in for charging, and somehow it confused the electronics. Seems to me that shouldn't be a problem, but I'll make sure to only charge from the ones near the floor from now on.

·
Registered
713 Posts
It happened to me one evening, blank screen, but backup camera still worked. Thought I tried everything, even pulled the fuse (#76 I think) and still no screen... then I pressed the power button on the volume control and it turned right on. I guess I was a bonehead and had shut it off. :eek:

Reactions: PacHY-LA

·
Registered
200 Posts
Screen Blank But Came Back Next Charge

I got the dreaded dark Uconnect screen last night. I had just left an old-school Clipper Creek commercial charger with a partial charge. Everything was fine until a few minutes down the road, I stopped at a store, got back in, and the screen was dark. This includes no radio volume and back up camera.

After repeated attempts to get it back (including turning the car off and on, and pushing the radio and screen-off buttons), got to another charger (this time, the usual ChargePoint). Charge status at begin charge was less than 10%. After a couple hours and a 100% charge, started up, and the screen was back on and functioning as normal.

While I was at the Clipper Creek, I played the radio for a few minutes. I've read the stories on how the OEM Chrysler 12v battery is very bad and will definitely deteriorate in a car that's been sitting on a dealer lot over time, and my car is a 2018 that supposedly had been on the dealer's lot for over 200 days (I'd had it for three days and less than 300 miles). Maybe that's all it takes to drain the 12v enough for the thing to think it has to shut it down (the instrument cluster continued to function normally).

Update: Everything is not quite beer-and-skittles. While Uconnect returned, all of my previous nav settings and saved destinations have been erased and returned to the original, default settings. In effect, it looks like Uconnect, for some reason, performed a complete reboot. While irritating, so long as it doesn't happen again, not that big of an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid, and here in Toronto when the temperature is close to or below freezing, the panel screen is usually blank for the first 3-5 minutes of driving, before coming on. (I've had installed all the software upgrades.) This is a nuisance, as I can't put the seat warmers on, or radio, etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid, and here in Toronto when the temperature is close to or below freezing, the panel screen is usually blank for the first 3-5 minutes of driving, before coming on. (I've had installed all the software upgrades.) This is a nuisance, as I can't put the seat warmers on, or radio, etc. Any suggestions?
First I would check that the dashboard lights dimmer knob isn't turned all the way down. If that isn't it, then I'd make a service appointment with the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts