2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to add a profile on my Uconnect settings. I have seen videos that show an "add profile button". I have read that it supports 6 profiles. I only have one created and can't figure out why I can't add. Any thoughts?

Lee

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
245 Posts
Just a wild guess could it be tied to a fob? Try another fob see if that lets you create another profile.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I tried that already but will try again when I am home. The way I read it, they are supporting profiles in excess of keys (i.e. profiles for passengers). Seems like a cool feature but I can't seem to get it to work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am trying to add a profile on my Uconnect settings. I have seen videos that show an "add profile button". I have read that it supports 6 profiles. I only have one created and can't figure out why I can't add. Any thoughts?

View attachment 45082

Lee
Here is the link to the owners manual for Connect5. Information on creating/editing profiles starts on page 11.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a wild guess could it be tied to a fob? Try another fob see if that lets you create another profile.
I unlocked with the other fob (which is mapped to the 2nd seat memory position) and then went to the profiles screen. I see the same view as I posted above.

Here is the link to the owners manual for Connect5. Information on creating/editing profiles starts on page 11.
Thank for sharing, Just like the others I have seen, it suggests that I should have an "add new" button but no such luck.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
I unlocked with the other fob (which is mapped to the 2nd seat memory position) and then went to the profiles screen. I see the same view as I posted above.

Thank for sharing, Just like the others I have seen, it suggests that I should have an "add new" button but no such luck.

View attachment 45089
I don't have a 2021 but I noticed in profile selection menu picture, is valet mode enabled or is that just the option?
That might explain why the profiles are locked and your not seeing the add profile option?
What's under the edit menu, maybe that's where you enable adding another profile?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a 2021 but I noticed in profile selection menu picture, is valet mode enabled or is that just the option?
That might explain why the profiles are locked and your not seeing the add profile option?
What's under the edit menu, maybe that's where you enable adding another profile?
I can see how that is not clear whether it is locked or not. I tried clicking on it and it wanted to start the process to create a PIN and put it in valet mode. I did not consider going through the process and set and remove. That might be worth trying to see if something shakes loose.

As you can see, the photos in the instruction manual do not match the production system. I feel like there is a lag between prototype and reality here.

Lee

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
228 Posts
I can see how that is not clear whether it is locked or not. I tried clicking on it and it wanted to start the process to create a PIN and put it in valet mode. I did not consider going through the process and set and remove. That might be worth trying to see if something shakes loose.

As you can see, the photos in the instruction manual do not match the production system. I feel like there is a lag between prototype and reality here.

Lee
Agreed, I heard they are working on a post launch software update to add additional uConnect games as well (weren't finished in time for launch).
It won't surprise me at all if Covid pushed uConnect contractors software update plans so the software isn't 100% complete yet.
Chrysler isn't a Tesla sadly, so it might be a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agreed, I heard they are working on a post launch software update to add additional uConnect games as well (weren't finished in time for launch).
It won't surprise me at all if Covid pushed uConnect contractors software update plans so the software isn't 100% complete yet.
Chrysler isn't a Tesla sadly, so it might be a while.
I called Chrysler yesterday and was told this feature will be included in a firmware update in "early 2021". I can accept that with games, but driver profiles, that should have been active at delivery. So far, there seems to be a lot of confusion with Uconnect 5. We couldn't activate our Sirius Guardian for almost a week as the assist button wasn't functioning properly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called Chrysler yesterday and was told this feature will be included in a firmware update in "early 2021". I can accept that with games, but driver profiles, that should have been active at delivery. So far, there seems to be a lot of confusion with Uconnect 5. We couldn't activate our Sirius Guardian for almost a week as the assist button wasn't functioning properly.
Thank you for taking one for the team and calling Chrysler to get that answer. It was driving me nuts! Now my next challenge will be figuring out how the updates work. Did you get Alexa to work? I have not activated my hot spot trial as I have no need for mobile hot spot in the van (never activated in my 2018) and am not interested in keeping it on after 90 days. I am wondering if services like Alexa and the OTA updates will rely on the AT&T service. I tried connecting to my WiFi (both my house and my cell phone mobile hot spot) and never got any feedback from Uconnect that the connection was successful and I could try using that data to check for updates, try Alexa, etc. I am actually thinking that even the SiriusXM 360L service wants an internet connection to function.

Lee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for taking one for the team and calling Chrysler to get that answer. It was driving me nuts! Now my next challenge will be figuring out how the updates work. Did you get Alexa to work? I have not activated my hot spot trial as I have no need for mobile hot spot in the van (never activated in my 2018) and am not interested in keeping it on after 90 days. I am wondering if services like Alexa and the OTA updates will rely on the AT&T service. I tried connecting to my WiFi (both my house and my cell phone mobile hot spot) and never got any feedback from Uconnect that the connection was successful and I could try using that data to check for updates, try Alexa, etc. I am actually thinking that even the SiriusXM 360L service wants an internet connection to function.

Lee
I was losing my mind with it too. The dealer thought I was using a valet key (which doesn’t exist). I get that it isn’t a core function of the car, but if Chrysler is going to put it in the vehicle (and put out manuals and videos showing it as a feature) it should be there or there should be an obvious explanation as to why it isn’t. Kind of poor customer service. Alexa does seem to rely on the AT&T connection which is a bummer. Would be nice if my phone provided the connection (or if the hotspot could be Verizon so I could add to my existing plan if I want it). I’ve activated the trial but haven’t tried Alexa since. The van connecting to my home or phone wifi is another weird experience. I haven’t seen anything to show that an actual connection was made either.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was losing my mind with it too. The dealer thought I was using a valet key (which doesn’t exist). I get that it isn’t a core function of the car, but if Chrysler is going to put it in the vehicle (and put out manuals and videos showing it as a feature) it should be there or there should be an obvious explanation as to why it isn’t. Kind of poor customer service. Alexa does seem to rely on the AT&T connection which is a bummer. Would be nice if my phone provided the connection (or if the hotspot could be Verizon so I could add to my existing plan if I want it). I’ve activated the trial but haven’t tried Alexa since. The van connecting to my home or phone wifi is another weird experience. I haven’t seen anything to show that an actual connection was made either.
Funny enough, I have tried my regular and keysense key. I only got one regular and one keysense key with my van. I argued that there should be 3 (like my 2018) and the dealer (up through the GM) all insist that 2021 Keysense equipped FCA vehicles only come with 1 regular and 1 Keysense key. I am still debating this topic with the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny enough, I have tried my regular and keysense key. I only got one regular and one keysense key with my van. I argued that there should be 3 (like my 2018) and the dealer (up through the GM) all insist that 2021 Keysense equipped FCA vehicles only come with 1 regular and 1 Keysense key. I am still debating this topic with the dealer.
If it helps your cause, I received 3 keys. Two regular and one Keysense (which the dealer did not explain. Actually, I think when I asked why there were three keys he said he didn’t know. I didn’t know anything about the key sense key until I accidentally used it one day and had a speed limit warning and something else that I can’t remember.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thankful for finding somebody else having this issue, I can also confirm that I received 3 keys with my 2021 pachy
I guess we wait for the update.

In the meantime, I won the battle over the third key. By the time it was all said and done, I now have 3 regular and 1 keysense key.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 45082

Lee
I have the exact same issue. The day I bought our new 2021 Durango (1/9/2021), the dealer came out to the car with me and we set up SiriusXM and UConnect. It showed the "+" Add User then. I created both mine and my wifes profiles and we went driving around, then home. Later I came out to the car and tried to set up things a little more specific to each of us and her profile was gone! I've tried everything, including factory reset, with no resolve. Please keep me in the loop if you figure this out!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the exact same issue. The day I bought our new 2021 Durango (1/9/2021), the dealer came out to the car with me and we set up SiriusXM and UConnect. It showed the "+" Add User then. I created both mine and my wifes profiles and we went driving around, then home. Later I came out to the car and tried to set up things a little more specific to each of us and her profile was gone! I've tried everything, including factory reset, with no resolve. Please keep me in the loop if you figure this out!!
Oh wow, so you had this feature at first and now it is gone? This makes me think it did an OTA update.

Reactions: Ted999

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to add more confirmation. I just picked up our new 2021 (replacement for a 2019 buyback) and was only able to create a single profile...which also seems to have disabled the memory functions that are tied to individual keys. :-(

I was hoping to get into engineering mode and do a factory reset, but I can't seem to figure out the right key combo. I can get into dealer mode, but that doesn't let you reset anything. I might try pulling a fuse later.

Hopefully they can address this with a software update soon.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts