2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've had this happen to us too, twice in 2.5 weeks of ownership. Asked the dealer about it, and my next step is to press the Assist button next time it happens. He said that Chrysler should be able to read error codes from the computer over the SiriusXM thing. We'll see. Definitely disturbing. (Btw, tedf, I looked for a separate thread started by you but didn't see one. Is there another thread about this somewhere?)

Meanwhile, I want to join the chorus of complaints about the profile issue. Yes ridiculous issue, and yes update promised only in a year makes it double so. But as someone else commented, a simple insert with the manual saying "this doesn't work yet, look for an update, meanwhile don't waste your time looking for it" would have done wonders for my attitude about the car. Instead, not even the staff at the dealer knew about it, they had to call and complain. Absolutely no excuse for this "hope nobody notices" kind of approach.
I bought this van because the reviews said it was the best of the best. Obviously, these things aren't tested as thoroughly, or the reviews are skewed by money or interests. I am literally shocked at the poor quality of this brand new $60K (CAD) vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
37 Posts
I CANNOT believe how bad this is. I just picked up a very expensive brand new '21 Pacifica Pinnacle a few days ago and on my way home, the wheel bearing started humming. When I got back to my place, the rear tailgate doesn't close properly because it's misaligned. And finally, I can only create one driver profile, even though the paper manual says I can create a bunch. So I took it to the dealer on Friday, and they gave me a hard time about it. Like somehow this shoddy product is my fault. WTF is this, Chrysler? Seriously. I have never been so disappointed in a brand new vehicle.

My wife, on the other hand, drives a Tesla, and the last time she had a software complaint it was fixed within weeks. One year to solve driver profiles? Do you have one person working on uConnect? Unbelievable.
Also, navigation maps from February 2020. Do your power mirrors save with your seat memory profile and UConnect profile? Mine do not. The hybrid specific Alexa skills don’t work. This is old software put on the redesign new hardware. We’ve been praying for an update. I believe Chrysler is dragging their feet because of their halted production.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Also, navigation maps from February 2020. Do your power mirrors save with your seat memory profile and UConnect profile? Mine do not. The hybrid specific Alexa skills don’t work. This is old software put on the redesign new hardware. We’ve been praying for an update. I believe Chrysler is dragging their feet because of their halted production.
Uconnect pushing timely updates? smh...

Reactions: KCarubia

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 Pacifica Hy Touring with UCONNECT version FCA-MY21.R16.27-PROD
I am having a number of issues, including the below. These are all described in the manual, but the software does not match manual.
I am quite technical (programmer and digital electronics) and I have read the manuals from cover to cover and have searched the pdf manuals for all references to the key terms below before contacting support. Support has yet to be helpful in any way.
1) There is only one profile and no "add profile" option as described in the manual.
Also there is no "delete profile" option as described in the manual.
I am pretty sure there USED to be a add profile button....There was a profile already there and I added a new profile for myself, then deleted the old profile.
Now there is only my profile with no way to add or delete a profile.
2) When turning on uconnect to use the nav, the media always plays, regardless of the audio settings. If my phone is connected it starts playing, otherwise the radio plays. I don't want anything to play...I just want to use the nav. I do listen to books on tape, but I don't want it to start until I am done with any nav setup.
3) It does not recognized any USB memory stick I have tried (formatted FAT32)
I only tried this because someone suggested using a USB stick with one track of 20 sec of silence to work around issue #2.
4) The NAV has a TRIPS page...but there is nothing that allows adding a TRIP.
We often make long trips with multiple planned stops thus wanted to use this feature.
Previous versions of the software had a screen to add and alter a trip.
5) There is no way to delete a NAV route stop (without deleting the entire route). The manual describes a delete function in the Change Route/Alter Stops, but the delete button is not there. This came up after adding a Rest-Area as a stop, It was closed due to covid, so we did not get off (which would have completed and deleted the stop...the nav directed us to u-turn until we finally gave up and delete the route. I think it would have allowed me to reorder the rest stop to the end of the route, but that seemed too stupid to try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2021 Pacifica Hy Touring with UCONNECT version FCA-MY21.R16.27-PROD
I am having a number of issues, including the below. These are all described in the manual, but the software does not match manual.
I am quite technical (programmer and digital electronics) and I have read the manuals from cover to cover and have searched the pdf manuals for all references to the key terms below before contacting support. Support has yet to be helpful in any way.
1) There is only one profile and no "add profile" option as described in the manual.
Also there is no "delete profile" option as described in the manual.
I am pretty sure there USED to be a add profile button....There was a profile already there and I added a new profile for myself, then deleted the old profile.
Now there is only my profile with no way to add or delete a profile.
2) When turning on uconnect to use the nav, the media always plays, regardless of the audio settings. If my phone is connected it starts playing, otherwise the radio plays. I don't want anything to play...I just want to use the nav. I do listen to books on tape, but I don't want it to start until I am done with any nav setup.
3) It does not recognized any USB memory stick I have tried (formatted FAT32)
I only tried this because someone suggested using a USB stick with one track of 20 sec of silence to work around issue #2.
4) The NAV has a TRIPS page...but there is nothing that allows adding a TRIP.
We often make long trips with multiple planned stops thus wanted to use this feature.
Previous versions of the software had a screen to add and alter a trip.
5) There is no way to delete a NAV route stop (without deleting the entire route). The manual describes a delete function in the Change Route/Alter Stops, but the delete button is not there. This came up after adding a Rest-Area as a stop, It was closed due to covid, so we did not get off (which would have completed and deleted the stop...the nav directed us to u-turn until we finally gave up and delete the route. I think it would have allowed me to reorder the rest stop to the end of the route, but that seemed too stupid to try.
You are correct on all fronts. If you read through some of these threads, you'll see that Chrysler has promised to fix (some of) these things at a later date. Some people claim that they have promised Q2 21, and some say by end of year 21. In any case, I think it's dishonest and unethical to show us features, as you described, that don't actually exist. It's not like these are cheap vehicles.

I kinda wish that I went with a different brand; even though their entertainment systems aren't great, at least they do what was promised.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I reported all my problems in detail (plus more I found).
They did agree that the single-driver-profile was a known issue and they are working on a software update to fix it. They now seem to understand and are investigating my (many) other issues.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I handed the dealer my van on Wednesday with my gripe list--6 issues, most of which are software related. On that list is the profile thing.

I get the van back tomorrow. I am eager to see what they say about that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I handed the dealer my van on Wednesday with my gripe list--6 issues, most of which are software related. On that list is the profile thing.

I get the van back tomorrow. I am eager to see what they say about that.
I'm not aware that dealers are fixing any software-related issues. Let me know if I'm wrong - I hope I am!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm not aware that dealers are fixing any software-related issues. Let me know if I'm wrong - I hope I am!
There's at least one significant update that came out May 22.

·
Registered
771 Posts
no

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb. 2021 build. California
74 Posts
My build is FCA-MY21.R16.27-PROD. Does anyone have a newer version?

My Van is for sure connected to wifi but I haven't seen more than a few kb transferred up/down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Chrysler Cares, any idea when the system will be fixed and finally allow multiple driver profiles I was sold? At this point it's starting to feel like a bait and switch. And if Chrysler, Stellantis, whatever isn't going to complete the beta test, how about removing the feature from the Uconnect screen?

As the days go on I find it more and more irritating that my 2020's Uconnect system was so well polished and the 2021 seems like I'm beta testing every time we hit the road.

How about Chrysler/Stellantis make us, the consumers, whole by making Sirus XM and Guardian free until the features we were sold are actually available and working? It'd at least make me feel that I was in some way getting reimbursed for testing software for a multinational corporation.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid
25 Posts
For some reason I'm still stuck on R15.25 on my 2021 Limited - the van is connected to Wifi but hasn't found any updates, and the DriveUConnect site claims I'm up to date (which is clearly false since people here have been talking about R16.27 for months). Fortunately it doesn't seem like anybody has noticed much difference between R15.25 and R16.27, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything important. When Chrysler eventually releases the update that allows multiple profiles though I'll be in a hurry to get it, and it seems like I might need to visit the dealership to get it since my van won't download/install updates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For some reason I'm still stuck on R15.25 on my 2021 Limited - the van is connected to Wifi but hasn't found any updates, and the DriveUConnect site claims I'm up to date (which is clearly false since people here have been talking about R16.27 for months). Fortunately it doesn't seem like anybody has noticed much difference between R15.25 and R16.27, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything important. When Chrysler eventually releases the update that allows multiple profiles though I'll be in a hurry to get it, and it seems like I might need to visit the dealership to get it since my van won't download/install updates.
I'm not convinced that the over-the-air update mechanism works in the current build. I've not heard of anyone receiving an update of any kind over wi-fi. I hope that I'm wrong but seems like any updates you'll be getting will be through the dealership, at least for now.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts