2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought my 2017 pacifica touring. so happy.

Don't want to pay $50k for Limited edition. but I really like the super console and navigation..

want to upgrade to uconnect with GPS, but found I can activate Chrysler pre-installed navigation for $596.(dealer price )

LoL, the factory already installed everything in our pacifica but hide these feature in our uconnect 8.4 system unless you pay $600 to "activate".

I don't think it worth $600 as we can use free map on my phone.

but I still want to make my pacifica dashboard looks fancy with mealtime map. lucky I got one from ebay for $350. the same thing from chrysler.
it's just a code will activate my nav forever, no data no cellphone holder anymore.

I will update super console installation soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Congratulations Flying Potato on your new car. I?m glad you opted for the GPS navigation. The best feature of in~car GPS is its simplicity and ease of use. In my opinion it?s worth whatever nominal amount they charge. I really hate fiddling with phone and connectors while in my car.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually came to post this exact question.

Based on the Uconnect website, for the 2017 it appears that the systems are different and you also lose HD radio, 3-D City and Terrain Maps, and maybe SiriusXM features, but it's unclear for 2018 model as they haven't updated this on the website. My understanding is the new Uconnect is the 8.4 which is the same as in the Chrysler 300-- which you don't lose the HDRadio, but unclear about SiriusXM or 3D mapping.

Anyone know for sure? If I could simply upgrade this later with no loss of features, then I probably would just do that.

Thx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got NAv ready version as well and decided to go different way - I just found 8.4 with already activated NAV for sale (car totaled).

Well, in my sad surprise, when I install it it did not work - it still has all my settings and no NAV even though it has it activated. Does head unit get some brain and figure out that is my account somehow based on VIN? Not sure, not I'm out of $325 and still have no NAV...

Did anybody try to change swap head units already with success? I read some positive story with updating to 8.4NA with super nav and HD but now I'm bit confused if it will not do same trick with me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got NAv ready version as well and decided to go different way - I just found 8.4 with already activated NAV for sale (car totaled).

Well, in my sad surprise, when I install it it did not work - it still has all my settings and no NAV even though it has it activated. Does head unit get some brain and figure out that is my account somehow based on VIN? Not sure, not I'm out of $325 and still have no NAV...

Did anybody try to change swap head units already with success? I read some positive story with updating to 8.4NA with super nav and HD but now I'm bit confused if it will not do same trick with me...
What end up happening? I’m looking to buy a used radio and do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts