2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. My husband and I recently replaced both batteries on the vehicle as we were having issues with random features not working and error codes.

All error codes are gone and electronics are working EXCEPT for my uconnect radio. The radio seems to have gone backwards and it is not functioning as it was prior to the batteries being changed. The feature I notice primarily that isn't functioning properly is the text while driving. Before when I was driving and received a text I had the option to reply with whatever I wanted to say. Now when I try to reply with my voice it wants me to pick from a preselected text list.

I have called UConnect service support. The first person told me to call the dealership. I called the dealership and they said that it takes 8 hours for things to reset. I informed them we changed the batteries on the vehicle weeks ago (close to a month). They replied with "try to delete your phone from the car and repair it". I hung up with them and tried it. Repairing the phone to the vehicle did nothing. I called UConnect support back. They tried to do a soft reset, repairing the phone, etc. Nothing worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the features back? I would rather not pay the dealership to fix this issue since I'm sure they will charge me.

I am running UConnect 8.4

Thank you.
Ariana

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited S (gas)
30 Posts
Other than a soft and hard reset their is not much you can do, soft reset it with the button combo or remove the fuse for the factory reset otherwise it's $400 at the dealer if that doesn't work, sucks uconnect is their biggest headache

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,304 Posts
Pull fuse F76 (and F55 if you have Uconnect Theater) for a couple minutes. Let the van go to sleep for about 30 minutes after reinserting them, and everything should be back to normal after that.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
789 Posts
That sounds normal to me. On my 2018, if your phone is not connected by cable then your reponses to an incoming text message are restricted to a predefined list. If you connect the phone by cable to the USB socket below the DVD player then that enables Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay) and you get much more flexibility. You can dictate whatever message you want and Google or Apple will transcribe it to text. If you are not connected by cable then the car has no access to Google's or Apple's servers and it's abilities are quite limited.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Hello

I have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. My husband and I recently replaced both batteries on the vehicle as we were having issues with random features not working and error codes.

All error codes are gone and electronics are working EXCEPT for my uconnect radio. The radio seems to have gone backwards and it is not functioning as it was prior to the batteries being changed. The feature I notice primarily that isn't functioning properly is the text while driving. Before when I was driving and received a text I had the option to reply with whatever I wanted to say. Now when I try to reply with my voice it wants me to pick from a preselected text list.

I have called UConnect service support. The first person told me to call the dealership. I called the dealership and they said that it takes 8 hours for things to reset. I informed them we changed the batteries on the vehicle weeks ago (close to a month). They replied with "try to delete your phone from the car and repair it". I hung up with them and tried it. Repairing the phone to the vehicle did nothing. I called UConnect support back. They tried to do a soft reset, repairing the phone, etc. Nothing worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the features back? I would rather not pay the dealership to fix this issue since I'm sure they will charge me.

I am running UConnect 8.4

Thank you.
Ariana
Curlyq,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds normal to me. On my 2018, if your phone is not connected by cable then your reponses to an incoming text message are restricted to a predefined list. If you connect the phone by cable to the USB socket below the DVD player then that enables Android Auto (or Apple CarPlay) and you get much more flexibility. You can dictate whatever message you want and Google or Apple will transcribe it to text. If you are not connected by cable then the car has no access to Google's or Apple's servers and it's abilities are quite limited.
I was able to dictate any message without my phone connected before the batteries were replaced. So annoying that I've been thrown back to 2002 with select messages to choose from now.

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,943 Posts
I agree that that is normal for just receiving texts and only being able to choose from a couple of canned responses. Supposed to help keep your concentration on your driving. I have not tried using CarPlay or Android Auto

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree that that is normal for just receiving texts and only being able to choose from a couple of canned responses. Supposed to help keep your concentration on your driving. I have not tried using CarPlay or Android Auto
You guys are certainly missing out on uconnects full capabilities of the voice commands.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I know the 2018 are different than those of us with the 2017 model, but with mine when a text message pops up on the Uconnect’s display I can just depress “Listen” and if I want to reply I depress “Voice” on the steering wheel and wait until the “chime” occurs and then say “reply message to __ and then hear, “what do you want to say?” I think it is actually Siri that is reacting to my response request.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the 2018 are different than those of us with the 2017 model, but with mine when a text message pops up on the Uconnect’s display I can just depress “Listen” and if I want to reply I depress “Voice” on the steering wheel and wait until the “chime” occurs and then say “reply message to __ and then hear, “what do you want to say?” I think it is actually Siri that is reacting to my response request.
Mine used to say the same things. It did sound very siri-like, but I don't have an iPhone... so it must be the vehicles system

·
Registered
641 Posts
Mine used to say the same things. It did sound very siri-like, but I don't have an iPhone... so it must be the vehicles system
I just read a post on another site that indicated the problem may relate to “Do Not Disturb”. Go to Settings>phone/Bluetooth and look for Do Not Disturb and Customize Replies. It said something about typing “proffered message” in the field and clicking “Ok”.

if that doesn’t help then I wonder if your phone was using Android for Voice to Text?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just read a post on another site that indicated the problem may relate to “Do Not Disturb”. Go to Settings>phone/Bluetooth and look for Do Not Disturb and Customize Replies. It said something about typing “proffered message” in the field and clicking “Ok”.

if that doesn’t help then I wonder if your phone was using Android for Voice to Text?

Thank you for this. I'll look into my settings some more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I fixed the do not disturb and that didn't seem to do anything. It may have been using the android somehow for the voice to text. When reading the pdf it appears that the voice commands were how it used to be. I'm just having issues getting it to work again. The whole unpairing and re-pairing doesn't seem to be working. 😭

1 - 13 of 13 Posts