2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - my wife and I both noticed on our UConnect App we no longer have the options to start the van, honk the horn, lock the doors, etc...

We now have 2 tabs at the bottom, INFO and MARKET. In the info tab, it's reading the cards health report, fuel level, tire pressure, odometer, etc...just lost the ability to click the button to start the van, honk the horn, lock the doors, etc...

This happen for anyone else? We've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

It's like the app updated and those features were removed but that seems silly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,235 Posts
Hi - my wife and I both noticed on our UConnect App we no longer have the options to start the van, honk the horn, lock the doors, etc...

We now have 2 tabs at the bottom, INFO and MARKET. In the info tab, it's reading the cards health report, fuel level, tire pressure, odometer, etc...just lost the ability to click the button to start the van, honk the horn, lock the doors, etc...

This happen for anyone else? We've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

It's like the app updated and those features were removed but that seems silly.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.

Some features are free for awhile with a new van (length of time may vary with model), but then require a subscription fee.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future. Build date is on the edge of the driver's door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

Some features are free for awhile with a new van (length of time may vary with model), but then require a subscription fee.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future. Build date is on the edge of the driver's door.

Thanks! I didn't think that maybe that feature went away because of a subscription issue. I don't see anywhere within the app to subscribe so those features are enabled again.

Do you know where I go within the App?

I will add my vehicle info to my signature line now.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,235 Posts
Thanks! I didn't think that maybe that feature went away because of a subscription issue. I don't see anywhere within the app to subscribe so those features are enabled again.

Do you know where I go within the App?

I will add my vehicle info to my signature line now.
I don't have the app. Maybe someone else will respond about that. Try the UConnect website to see if the app subscription is the issue.

Thanks for updating the signature line. If you could add whether it is a Limited, Touring L Plus, gas, hybrid, etc. that would also help. I think S designates color palate features which is also fine to note.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You might need Sirius xm guardian subscription

Convenience Package

($19.99/mo)

Stay connected to your vehicle from virtually anywhere with the Uconnect® mobile app, plus get GPS-based safety and security services.
Services include:

SOS Call( Disclosure16)
Roadside Assistance Call( Disclosure17)
SiriusXM Guardian Assistance
Remote Vehicle Start( Disclosure8)
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Family Drive Alerts
Plus more

·
Registered
33 Posts
To start your car with your phone will cost you a monthly fee?
Other car companies like Ford with their FordPass is now offered for free.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To start your car with your phone will cost you a monthly fee?
Other car companies like Ford with their FordPass is now offered for free.
Yep, complete scam of a price too. I'd pay $5 a month. Maybe even $10 if they made it function better and added features. But screw FCA and SXM at a price of $20+.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, that's crazy. $20+ a month seems extremely excessive.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
5 bucks a month is excessive
No it's not. There are ongoing costs involved, employed people to maintain the system. It is a service, and no one owes you that service.

I agree that $20 does sound excessive, but I really don't know what their costs are. The Sirius satellite radio business seems to be happy to allow me to bargain down to $5 per month, but I couldn't talk them down on the Guardian service, so I let it lapse. That's called free enterprise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If they aren't going to compete with other car companies and provide for free, they should at least offer a better breakdown on which options you want to pay for.
e.g. a convenience package (ONLY remote start and door lock/unlock) - no GPS tracking, plus, plus, etc, etc

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
25 Posts
Here’s my app screenshot I just bought the car yesterday so I still have the one year free trial.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I still think if your paying for something premium , pinnacle and limited , you should have these features automatically built into the package . To say that’s it’s the top package or ultimate and then nickel and dime you is kind of intrusive. Remember , it’s the ability to set oneself apart from the crowd . That’s like ChargePoint , after buying their charger , offering you wifi as a option on their top charger . The service isn’t anything out of the ordinary and is pretty mainstream in terms of features .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here is the best way to save $20 bucks a month. Just go outside and start the van for free or use your KEY FOB 100 ft away. lol Uconnect will try to call you to give you a deal for another year. Wait for their call or check email box.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is the best way to save $20 bucks a month. Just go outside and start the van for free or use your KEY FOB 100 ft away. lol Uconnect will try to call you to give you a deal for another year. Wait for their call or check email box.
Starting with the KeyFob doesn’t work if you’re coming in on a flight in the winter and want your car warm when you get there!
Also doesn’t help if you’ve already walked away and can’t remember if you locked the door.
Like I said, Ford offers their FordPass for FREE. Too bad FCA doesn’t do the same, or for less than $20!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts