2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The battery door on our Uconnect headphones broke in half. We went to the dealership they said they were not under warranty and sent us away. We have only owned the car for eight months. I cannot believe this would not be under warranty so I contacted you Uconnect customer service directly. They put me in touch with Delphi customer service, the manufacturer of the headphones. Delphi informed me that in fact the headphones are under warranty for the duration of ownership. They issued me and RMA number and sent me an email with an address to return the broken headphones for proof of ownership. Upon receipt they will send a new pair at no cost to me. The phone number I called was 877–855–8400. Do not go to the dealership they will not help you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Appreciate you mentioning about this. Your post was inspiration to finally take care of one of our four headsets that has the snapped battery compartment.

Called the number above. First got the pitch about "go to your dealer, etc" but pressed further. Got redirected (uh oh) to call 877-463-3574 option 2. Reached a nice gentleman that said that yes they are covered, and apparently an email is forthcoming with return instructions. The note was that the headset needed to say unconnect on the sides (which they do).

We'll see how it goes from here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just called the (888)293-3332 number and reached a very helpful person right away -- they're sending a return label for covered warranty service. Thank you for giving us hope after the dealer service dept said we were SOL when battery doors broke on both our headsets several months after 2018 purchase!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Checking the forum because this just happened to us (car is now 6 months old), although I could see it coming for a while. The strength of the battery door seems to be deficient in that area, and I would not be surprised if the problem continues to occur.

I am therefore going to look into aftermarket headphones. I was wondering if anyone else has gone that route?

Great info about the warranty, and may pursue that as well, but not sure it will be worth it if the failure will simply happen again.

-T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update: we have had the battery door break 3 times on the headphones. All three times the headphones were replaced at mo charge. Email [email protected] and you will be taken care of. The headphones are under warranty!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2017 Chry Pacifica and have a broken headphone on the battery door. Please send advice on how to get it replaced. Thank you on advance. C. Green

·
Registered
349 Posts
both of our 18's broke @ the battery door within 2 months of being new. Thought i was SOL, guess I'll email over to see about getting them replaced.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I ordered a set of replacement unbranded IR headphones and they are much better, battery door tightens down with a screw.

I opted to buy one set so that I'd have two sets when I continually send them in for replacement, but this new set I don't think I'll have to. I'll find them and link.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a set of replacement unbranded IR headphones and they are much better, battery door tightens down with a screw.

I opted to buy one set so that I'd have two sets when I continually send them in for replacement, but this new set I don't think I'll have to. I'll find them and link.
I'm looking forward to seeing the link. So do the unbranded replacements have 3 selectable channels as well? I'm sure many of us would like to read a short review too, so we can see how they compare to the factory headphones.

-Stach

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the link. So do the unbranded replacements have 3 selectable channels as well? I'm sure many of us would like to read a short review too, so we can see how they compare to the factory headphones.

-Stach
Yep, they are identical to the OEM headphones in every way but the battery door cover.

Here they are, if you look closely you can see the screw on the battery door:

Chrysler Pacifica VES Headphones 2017

Reactions: javerwey and Stach

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
No problem!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yes, you can order them and sync them. I did. All you do is turn them on in the car, and they're synced.

·
Registered
647 Posts
There's no syncing involved (you don't need to pair it like bluetooth), each headphone can basically tune 1 of 3 channels (Head Unit, Back Seat Display #1 and Back Seat Display #2) and listen in (just like old TV channels).
Yep, exactly.

Reactions: HiDuck
1 - 20 of 37 Posts