2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, they are identical to the OEM headphones in every way but the battery door cover.

Here they are, if you look closely you can see the screw on the battery door:
So with these there's no connectivity issues? They read the IR signal just like the factory ones just fine?
We just bought a 2019 TL+, one is broke and the other is cracked. I've already reached out to aptiv, but I'm interested in additional options.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've already reached out to aptiv, but I'm interested in additional options.
Thanks
How quick was the turnaround with aptiv? We have two broken battery doors after 5 months. And with a very upset toddler and lots of upcoming drive time, I found this thread. I'll be contacting them first thing tomorrow. Any tips for fast processing?

I'm thinking that the wire on the headphones that we are using for now will not survive the week.

·
Registered
611 Posts
How quick was the turnaround with aptiv? We have two broken battery doors after 5 months. And with a very upset toddler and lots of upcoming drive time, I found this thread. I'll be contacting them first thing tomorrow. Any tips for fast processing?

I'm thinking that the wire on the headphones that we are using for now will not survive the week.
People on the Facebook Pacifica Hybrid group are saying that aptiv is currently shut down altogether due to the pandemic. They are not responding to emails and phone calls get routed to an offshore call center.

·
Registered
4 Posts

When they were still active, I got them within 5 days. They shipped 1/23, arrived 1/28

·
Registered
2 Posts
People on the Facebook Pacifica Hybrid group are saying that aptiv is currently shut down altogether due to the pandemic. They are not responding to emails and phone calls get routed to an offshore call center.
When they were still active, I got them within 5 days. They shipped 1/23, arrived 1/28
Thank you both for the info. Five days is much faster than I would have expected. But boy am I thankful for the heads-up about the shutdown. I would have felt so defeated if my phone call got me nowhere and emails went unanswered. Now I know that my goal should just be to try and be in the queue for whenever they start back up. And some backup cheapo wired headphones are on their way from Amazon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you both for the info. Five days is much faster than I would have expected. But boy am I thankful for the heads-up about the shutdown. I would have felt so defeated if my phone call got me nowhere and emails went unanswered. Now I know that my goal should just be to try and be in the queue for whenever they start back up. And some backup cheapo wired headphones are on their way from Amazon.
I have yet to see anyone confirm any 3rd party headphones that work with Uconnect on the pacifica. Another path you might take is try something 3d printed. I've seen people make duplicate doors, or a cover up keep the broken door shut like the link below. Not my site or anything, just the first link I found that was a thing you can purchase as opposed to a file you can download and print yourself. I may have a look at this myself.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have yet to see anyone confirm any 3rd party headphones that work with Uconnect on the pacifica.
He or she did say that they were getting wired headphones, not wireless. That will definitely work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
He or she did say that they were getting wired headphones, not wireless. That will definitely work.
Oh, right on. It's amazing what we learn from reading. Yeah, wired will work, and that's potentially the most cost effective solution, especially short term.
It's too bad that FCA has such a poorly designed set of phones. I think it would be cool to take the guts out of the Uconnect ones, put them into a better package, and maybe rig up a micro-usb port that ties into an internal battery like a good set of BT headphones.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I contacted them just before the pandemic and they have responded a couple of times that everything is delayed, but that I should get them by the end of June. They are very slow to respond, but have done so about once a month.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I contacted them just before the pandemic and they have responded a couple of times that everything is delayed, but that I should get them by the end of June. They are very slow to respond, but have done so about once a month.
My 2 replacement battery doors came today. The instructions that they provide look very good and easy enough to replace them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2 replacement battery doors came today. The instructions that they provide look very good and easy enough to replace them.
Pictures please, please!

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have a phone number for them? Or did you send an inquiry through their site and wait for a response from them? Thank you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have a phone number for them? Or did you send an inquiry through their site and wait for a response from them? Thank you.
I just followed what post #4 said in this thread and called (888) 293-3332. I also said that both of the battery doors were broken, even though only 1 was, so I hopefully saved myself some hassle in the future when another one breaks. :)

Good luck!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts