2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my van six months ago and maybe 3 months ago the UConnect infotainment started exhibiting the following problem on a regular basis, 1 to several times per week, often shortly after starting the car with it still in the driveway. The screen freezes, the audio plays one horrendous note, and then after 5 or 10 seconds the noise cuts off and the screen goes black and the system reboots. This does not otherwise affect operation of the vehicle. After the reboot, it is typically good to go for that trip.

The other major issue is that it is very reluctant to fire up a CarPlay session with an iPhone - it works roughly half the time. When it's not working, clicking on the Phone tab on the display shows the name of the phone along with a "Connecting..." message (or similar - if memory serves). It never does connect. I either give up or I power off the vehicle and open the door and try again. It often fails again. I've learned to never have the phone plugged in before starting the vehicle, and better yet to give it a half minute before plugging it in.

For bonus points, there's a third, minor issue too. After turning the vehicle off, exiting, and plugging in my level 2 charger, the UConnect system often comes back on and starts playing whatever audio channel was last used. Eventually it turns off, but how odd.

I've checked for UConnect updates and the system says there are none. It tells me I'm running build number FCA-MY22.S24.18-PROD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 2022 Limited since February and and recently it started to quietly disconnect CarPlay. It especially likes to do it when I am getting close to destination.I use google maps and once it disconnects it pretty much stops navigation. :D

Your issues seems more annoying. It might be worth asking the dealer about. Is there some System Reset in Uconnect menus? That might help

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Got my van six months ago and maybe 3 months ago the UConnect infotainment started exhibiting the following problem on a regular basis, 1 to several times per week, often shortly after starting the car with it still in the driveway. The screen freezes, the audio plays one horrendous note, and then after 5 or 10 seconds the noise cuts off and the screen goes black and the system reboots. This does not otherwise affect operation of the vehicle. After the reboot, it is typically good to go for that trip.

The other major issue is that it is very reluctant to fire up a CarPlay session with an iPhone - it works roughly half the time. When it's not working, clicking on the Phone tab on the display shows the name of the phone along with a "Connecting..." message (or similar - if memory serves). It never does connect. I either give up or I power off the vehicle and open the door and try again. It often fails again. I've learned to never have the phone plugged in before starting the vehicle, and better yet to give it a half minute before plugging it in.

For bonus points, there's a third, minor issue too. After turning the vehicle off, exiting, and plugging in my level 2 charger, the UConnect system often comes back on and starts playing whatever audio channel was last used. Eventually it turns off, but how odd.

I've checked for UConnect updates and the system says there are none. It tells me I'm running build number FCA-MY22.S24.18-PROD.
Hello RaygunHighbeams,

Thank you for catching our attention. If you're currently having issues with your Uconnect system, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Pacifica Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts