2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
is this handbrake setting reasonable to also use at home watching on hdtv? I'd prefer to have only 1 version of each file, unless the uconnect version needs to be much lower quality. i don't generally notice a huge improvement from 720p to 1080p and were mostly talking about kids movies here...appreciate anyone's thoughts on this. thanks!
It totally depends on how picky you are. And how far back from your TV you sit, and how big it is. For most people's viewing environments, it's probably fine. You might see some scenes not looking quite as detailed as they should, but with the variable bitrate I used, it's really not bad. But you can't make the movies for the car any bigger, or they don't play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. Another question more related to handbrake than uconnect: if I do want to create both a 1080p file for home and a 720p for van what's the best way to encode? Should I encode both separately from my 25GB bluray rip or should I first encode a 1080p and then re-encode a 720p file from the 1080p one? Any difference in quality (or speed)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
How are you handling tvshow? Is there a way to group files in the movie section in Uconnect?

·
Registered
3 Posts
anybody recommend a good mp4 tag editor for windows so i can embed cover artwork to my mp4 files? or maybe is it possible without downloading any third party software?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the info. Another question more related to handbrake than uconnect: if I do want to create both a 1080p file for home and a 720p for van what's the best way to encode? Should I encode both separately from my 25GB bluray rip or should I first encode a 1080p and then re-encode a 720p file from the 1080p one? Any difference in quality (or speed)?
It's always better to encode from your highest quality source, rather then re-encoding. I don't think you would gain any speed, and it definitely wouldn't help the quality to re-encode 1080p down to 720 if you have the original rip on hand.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts