2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be able to play videos to the back screens via a USB key. I took the car to the dealer to do the dealer to do the recalls and now it doesn't work anymore. It seems to not even recognize the USB key. The exact same USB key, when plugged into the upper USB port, will play music through the radio, but the lower port no longer seems to work for the USB.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used to be able to play videos to the back screens via a USB key. I took the car to the dealer to do the dealer to do the recalls and now it doesn't work anymore. It seems to not even recognize the USB key. The exact same USB key, when plugged into the upper USB port, will play music through the radio, but the lower port no longer seems to work for the USB.

Any thoughts?
I'm assuming you're talking about the USB port near the Bluray player. Are you still able to play Blurays/DVDs? I believe that USB port is integrated into the disc player. If you can't play discs either then you definitely have a problem with the disc player.

Either way, the only thing you could try before taking it back to the dealership is rebooting the Uconnect system. You could also try just pulling the fuse for it for a few minutes.

It wouldn't hurt to connect the USB drive to a computer to confirm the videos are still on there. I'd think at the very least the same music files would start playing in the bottom USB port though.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Any thoughts?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DVD player works fine. I’ve tried rebooting and usb still doesn’t work. I’ve tried different USB keys and they all work fine in the top USB port for playing music through the radio, but none work in the bottom port (the one next to the dvd slot)

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
144 Posts
This quote from the owner's manual may explain what you are seeing. It looks like only the top USB port is for media playback. The bottom seems to just be a power outlet.

I stand ready to be corrected by someone who has proven differently.

Play A DVD/Blu-ray Or USB Media File From
Uconnect System
1. Insert a Blu-ray disc or DVD disc into the disc player
with the label facing up. Or insert a USB drive into rear
Video USB port.
NOTE: The DVD/Blu-ray Disc player and Video USB port
are both located under the radio controls in the instrument
panel.
and
Power Outlets
Your vehicle is equipped with 12 Volt (15 Amp) power
outlets, and 5 Volt (2.5 Amp) USB power outlets, that can
be used to power cellular phones, small electronics and
other low powered electrical accessories. The power outlets
can be labeled with either a “key” or a “battery” symbol to
indicate how the outlet is powered. Power outlets labeled
with a “key” are powered when the ignition is in the ON or
ACC position, while the outlets labeled with a “battery”
are connected directly to the battery and powered at all
times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty certain that's not the case (unless something has changed). Here's a screenshot from the rear screens pointing at the USB port you're supposed to use:

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
144 Posts
I am obviously mistaken. I did not realize you were speaking of the USB port on the DVD drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts