2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2018 Hybrid Pacifica Touring L last week. I tested the pairing before I bought it to make sure my Galaxy S9 Plus would work with the UConnect. I did not, unfortunately, test to see that the hands-free calling works. I am unable to figure out how to get UConnect to see my contacts. I can see my text messages on the display when I click on Messages, but the Contacts button is grayed out. When I get an incoming call, it just displays the number, even though the person's name is stored in my phone. When I try to make a call using the button on the steering wheel, it says it is still loading my contacts and try again later.

I have un-paired/re-paired the phone, checked the permissions on my phone to ensure it wasn't preventing UConnect from accessing data, and called UConnect. UConnect said that I will have to use Android Auto to make calls or see who is calling. Is this true?! Do I really have to connect the phone to the car by USB to use an app that I will rarely, if ever, use for anything else? Do I really have to plug my phone into a cable every time I want to use my phone in the vehicle? I am really hoping that the UConnect rep was wrong about this.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions as to how I can get this to work? Perhaps there something else on my phone I need to check. I just can't imaging having to remember to take my phone out of my purse and plug it in every time I get in the car. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After speaking with UConnect again, they referred me to their Pairing Help site, where I entered the information about my car and my phone. At the bottom, underneath the pairing instructions, was a list called, 'Your System's Features." Several items on the list were grayed out with an 'x' by them.

FYI - Here's what you CANNOT do with the Uconnect 4 with 8.4" display if you have a Galaxy S9 Plus:

-Bluetooth Music Browsing
-Automatic Phone Contacts Download
-USB Music Album Art
-USB Music Browse
-USB Music Next / Previous
-USB Music Play / Pause

Amazes me that I was able to download and sync my contacts in my 2013 Dodge with no problem, but I can't do it with a newer version of UConnect in a $40,000+ vehicle.

So, I now know why I didn't get a prompt for syncing contacts. I am a bit puzzled why it says it is still downloading the contacts if it's not even trying to do so. At any rate, I'm still hoping there is a way to load them without manually entering all 50 or so of them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Maybe the programmers/engineers at Uconnect went, "Whew!" when Android Auto came out saying, "No more phone code, yay!"

As you've said, the integration you desire is available on (I believe) any other car than a Pacifica. I know it works perfectly on the bottom-of-the-line Sienna.

·
Registered
162 Posts
After speaking with UConnect again, they referred me to their Pairing Help site, where I entered the information about my car and my phone. At the bottom, underneath the pairing instructions, was a list called, 'Your System's Features." Several items on the list were grayed out with an 'x' by them.

FYI - Here's what you CANNOT do with the Uconnect 4 with 8.4" display if you have a Galaxy S9 Plus:

-USB Music Album Art
-USB Music Browse
-USB Music Play / Pause

Amazes me that I was able to download and sync my contacts in my 2013 Dodge with no problem, but I can't do it with a newer version of UConnect in a $40,000+ vehicle.

So, I now know why I didn't get a prompt for syncing contacts. I am a bit puzzled why it says it is still downloading the contacts if it's not even trying to do so. At any rate, I'm still hoping there is a way to load them without manually entering all 50 or so of them.
My Note 8 automatically downloads the contacts, why the S 9 wouldn't is weird. I think its a Samsung thing, not a Chrysler thing. Chrysler is going to have far fewer updates than Android and if my Note 8 works that S 9 should. You better hope Android or Samsung makes an update becasue they update for more often than Chrysler. It may take awhile for Chrysler to update for one phone. I would search android/Samsung forum for that issue.

I have driven many rentals and many if not most don't allow the browsing(only one ever did and I cant remember which rental it was), most likely android, Samsung or the auto manufactures considers it to to be it unsafe while driving. Everything else works Bluetooth though.

As far the the USB the only thing mine won't due while driving is the album Art and all those things under USB are related to the album art only, at least on my Note and Pacifica Limited. I noticed that, but then I thought it must be a safely thing. USB support under android in cars is finicky and I would say USB support, phone or zip drive etc in the Chrysler's altogether is finicky.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My Note 8 automatically downloads the contacts, why the S 9 wouldn't is weird. I think its a Samsung thing, not a Chrysler thing. Chrysler is going to have far fewer updates than Android and if my Note 8 works that S 9 should. You better hope Android or Samsung makes an update becasue they update for more often than Chrysler. It may take awhile for Chrysler to update for one phone. I would search android/Samsung forum for that issue.

I have driven many rentals and many if not most don't allow the browsing(only one ever did and I cant remember which rental it was), most likely android, Samsung or the auto manufactures considers it to to be it unsafe while driving. Everything else works Bluetooth though.

As far the the USB the only thing mine won't due while driving is the album Art and all those things under USB are related to the album art only, at least on my Note and Pacifica Limited. I noticed that, but then I thought it must be a safely thing. USB support under android in cars is finicky and I would say USB support, phone or zip drive etc in the Chrysler's altogether is finicky.
Different brand, but mine won't do album art unless they are embedded in the music files. It won't pull a jpg from the folder. I don't care enough about them to recode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2018 Hybrid Pacifica Touring L last week. I tested the pairing before I bought it to make sure my Galaxy S9 Plus would work with the UConnect. I did not, unfortunately, test to see that the hands-free calling works. I am unable to figure out how to get UConnect to see my contacts. I can see my text messages on the display when I click on Messages, but the Contacts button is grayed out. When I get an incoming call, it just displays the number, even though the person's name is stored in my phone. When I try to make a call using the button on the steering wheel, it says it is still loading my contacts and try again later.

I have un-paired/re-paired the phone, checked the permissions on my phone to ensure it wasn't preventing UConnect from accessing data, and called UConnect. UConnect said that I will have to use Android Auto to make calls or see who is calling. Is this true?! Do I really have to connect the phone to the car by USB to use an app that I will rarely, if ever, use for anything else? Do I really have to plug my phone into a cable every time I want to use my phone in the vehicle? I am really hoping that the UConnect rep was wrong about this.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions as to how I can get this to work? Perhaps there something else on my phone I need to check. I just can't imaging having to remember to take my phone out of my purse and plug it in every time I get in the car. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Yes, same exact problem with my Moto e5 Plus phone on 2018 Pacifica Hybrid, and I couldn't even find the phone on the mopar pairing website. Decided to try again and found that in my pairing process I had missed the check-box on the phone to load the contact list, once I did this the contact list selection was selectable on the Uconnect interface. I missed this box several times, and I do a lot of computer stuff, hopefully this helps.

Good luck,

Don

·
Registered
1 Posts

-USB Music Album Art
-USB Music Browse
-USB Music Play / Pause

I just did the Uconnect update in my ram 2014 with phone Galaxy S7 no longer does not work with truck. Everything worked good before the update. It says no contacts yet I can see all my contacts on the display screen. I hate updates

1 - 7 of 7 Posts