2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2017 Limited Touring and 2 boys under 3yrs old. Trying to put the Uconnect Headset on my son constantly was a pain, so i improvises a small speaker and plugged it into the stereo jack for him to listen to shows playing through the Uconnect system. However he kept kicking the jack and "almost" snapped off the jack inside the port. So my middle school electronics class taught me about making headphone jack extensions.. SOOOO, i opened up the seat removed the HDMI/USB/STEREO jack box, drilled a small hole out the back, and soldered a female headphone cable to run up the back of the seat so i can a speaker and he cant kick it constantly.
Its working great. Now I'm wondering if anyone else has any tips for helping the kids in the back. Maybe a Raspberry Pi interfacing through the HDMI for more games/movies etc ??

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus
3 Posts
I know this is 4 months late, but I am using a Raspberry Pi 2B+ running recalbox coupled with a Seagate 4TB portable HDD. The whole thing is controlled with a Logitech F710 wireless game controller. I have my entire movie library and my video game library up to SNES. The whole setup fits in the pull out drawer of the center console with plenty of room to spare. I did purchase a right angle HDMI cable and right angle USB adapter to route cables downward to avoid snagging. I originally tried a Pi3 but the vehicle's USB port didn't supply enough power, so I switched to the less power hungry Pi 2 and all runs perfectly.
Also I love the idea of running an accessory speaker off of the headphone jack. We currently use the "listen in" feature, but I don't always want to listen to the kids' movie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this is 4 months late, but I am using a Raspberry Pi 2B+ running recalbox coupled with a Seagate 4TB portable HDD. The whole thing is controlled with a Logitech F710 wireless game controller. I have my entire movie library and my video game library up to SNES. The whole setup fits in the pull out drawer of the center console with plenty of room to spare. I did purchase a right angle HDMI cable and right angle USB adapter to route cables downward to avoid snagging. I originally tried a Pi3 but the vehicle's USB port didn't supply enough power, so I switched to the less power hungry Pi 2 and all runs perfectly.
Also I love the idea of running an accessory speaker off of the headphone jack. We currently use the "listen in" feature, but I don't always want to listen to the kids' movie.
I’d love to see a picture...
Did u just patch it in to the front panel under the TV ?
I’m thinking I might patch in the rasp Pi in Behind the seat.
There’s basic Mini USB power and HDMI. Should be really simple.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus
3 Posts
It simply plugs into the HDMI and USB ports on the side of the seat. I currently have the Pi in a Flirc case and it is strapped to the HDD with an elastic wrist band. With the 90 angle cords the cables run nicely down to the console.
IMG1974.jpg

I also keep a 2.1 amp phone charger in the drawer so the whole system can be carried in and hooked to a TV easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts