2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 2017 Pacifica us Uconnect. When I start the vehicle, it automatically begins playing a song from my iPhone. I don't want to hear any audio by default. I would like the default position to be off or muted. Is it possible to change it?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have recently bought a 2017 Pacifica us Uconnect. When I start the vehicle, it automatically begins playing a song from my iPhone. I don't want to hear any audio by default. I would like the default position to be off or muted. Is it possible to change it?
See if turning the van volume to 0 helps, it can't be turned off in 2017 Pacificas as far as I know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have recently bought a 2017 Pacifica with Uconnect. When I start the vehicle, it automatically begins playing a song from my iPhone. I don't want to hear any audio by default. I would like the default position to be off or muted. Is it possible to change it?
Turning the volume to 0 helps with having to hear the same song start on my iPhone every time I start the vehicle, but the fact that my car is reading my phone every time I start-up without my requesting it is disturbing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turning the volume to 0 helps with having to hear the same song start on my iPhone every time I start the vehicle, but the fact that my car is reading my phone every time I start-up without my requesting it is disturbing.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this. Is your phone connected via Bluetooth or through a USB cord? If you'd prefer, feel free to reach out via private message.

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2019 Pacifica and have raised this issue in the forum before. Suggestions I received included sliding the Radio icon to the right instead of being leftmost (that doesn't work), tuning the radio to a frequency that plays only white noise and have the volume turned low (which is the way I have it now). Another idea was to have a bluetooth or USB device connected and playing a audio file. In other words, there is no way to avoid audio playing when starting up the vehicle. I can't believe there is no setting to turn the radio off altogether like a normal radio in a car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Switch to radio mode with volume at 0.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Switch to radio mode with volume at 0.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
65 Posts
If you do not use any other media devices, open the Media screen, then choose whatever screen you wish to view as default. I do this and hear no audio.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do use other media devices (Bluetooth & USB). It seems like one should be able to turn the screen on and off independently of the audio system. I cannot turn the sound off without ALSO turning the screen off. What am I missing?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
65 Posts
I meant that you can choose what screen you want to use as the car is restarted. ie The radio screen, the media screen, the climate screen. Default was probably a poor choice of words as there is no setting for this. Maybe I should be calling it the app you wish to display when you start the car again. I you are viewing the radio screen when you turn off the car, that screen is displayed when you start the car again. Same for the climate screen.

But again, for the sound issue, I just leave the volume at 0. That way if you do have any connected media, there is no sound.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I meant that you can choose what screen you want to use as the car is restarted. ie The radio screen, the media screen, the climate screen. Default was probably a poor choice of words as there is no setting for this. Maybe I should be calling it the app you wish to display when you start the car again. I you are viewing the radio screen when you turn off the car, that screen is displayed when you start the car again. Same for the climate screen.

But again, for the sound issue, I just leave the volume at 0. That way if you do have any connected media, there is no sound.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
11 Posts

Yes, leaving the volume at zero seems the best solution. And, from what others have said, there may be a separate volume setting for Nav which would be nice. I have to experiment, but currently sheltering in place.
Thank you for your help, Richard

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yes, leaving the volume at zero seems the best solution. And, from what others have said, there may be a separate volume setting for Nav which would be nice. I have to experiment, but currently sheltering in place.
Thank you for your help, Richard
I have not tested this theory completely yet. It appears to me that the Nav volume is set when you adjust the volume knob while the Nav is talking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts