2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Pacifica Limited that I bought used about 6 months ago. Shortly after I bought the van I called Uconnect and obtained a free 3 month trial subscription. That trial has since expired. So today I went to the Chrysler.com website to see what it would cost to renew the Uconnect service. The website information was unclear at best. So I called Uconnect again and spoke to a Uconnect rep.

I was told that the Uconnect service for my 2017 would be $9.99 per month instead of the $14.99 per month listed on the Chrysler website. So far so good... And that the 4G hotspot with 2Gigs of data was now included. When I asked how the 4G hotspot would work with my 2017 Pacifica which has only 3G hardware I was told that they would be sending me an adapter (for free) that plugs into the on-board diagnostics port and provides 4G network connectivity.

I don't recall all the particulars of what the Uconnect rep said, but from what I do recall:
1) the Uconnect service plans were restructured as of Jan 1st 2021.
2) The 4G adapter normally costs around $120 but for a limited time they are providing it for free.
3) The cell provider is now T-Mobile/Sprint.

So I signed up for the $9.99 per month service. When the 4G adapter arrives I'll report back and let everyone know how this new Uconnect package works out.

Hopefully I'm not repeating information that is already known here on the forum. But it looks like there's some new Uconnect options for 2017 Pacifica owners.

-Wes

I think this may be the adapter that I will be receiving: 4G Adapter

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle Maximum Steel
32 Posts
Interesting, I really hope they restructure and bring competitive prices over to UConnect.

My understanding is 2017 was 3G through Sprint and 2018 forward is LTE through AT&T. So the adapter will enable LTE on your vehicle and stay with Sprint/T-Mobile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Pacifica Limited that I bought used about 6 months ago. Shortly after I bought the van I called Uconnect and obtained a free 3 month trial subscription. That trial has since expired. So today I went to the Chrysler.com website to see what it would cost to renew the Uconnect service. The website information was unclear at best. So I called Uconnect again and spoke to a Uconnect rep.

I was told that the Uconnect service for my 2017 would be $9.99 per month instead of the $14.99 per month listed on the Chrysler website. So far so good... And that the 4G hotspot with 2Gigs of data was now included. When I asked how the 4G hotspot would work with my 2017 Pacifica which has only 3G hardware I was told that they would be sending me an adapter (for free) that plugs into the on-board diagnostics port and provides 4G network connectivity.

I don't recall all the particulars of what the Uconnect rep said, but from what I do recall:
1) the Uconnect service plans were restructured as of Jan 1st 2021.
2) The 4G adapter normally costs around $120 but for a limited time they are providing it for free.
3) The cell provider is now T-Mobile/Sprint.

So I signed up for the $9.99 per month service. When the 4G adapter arrives I'll report back and let everyone know how this new Uconnect package works out.

Hopefully I'm not repeating information that is already known here on the forum. But it looks like there's some new Uconnect options for 2017 Pacifica owners.

-Wes

I think this may be the adapter that I will be receiving: 4G Adapter

·
Registered
2 Posts
So very dumb question. I purchased a used 2017 Pacifica 2 years ago. Haven't used it much due to covid. I can answer phone, listen to my Spotify from my phone thru car, receive texts. Not muck else. Now we're planning a vacation and I'm interested in navigation and what this UCONNECT really does if I get subscription. Can anyone clue me in? Also when I have radio on, navigation directions from my phone don't come thru car radio, onlywhenon media setting... is that normal?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,452 Posts
So very dumb question. I purchased a used 2017 Pacifica 2 years ago. Haven't used it much due to covid. I can answer phone, listen to my Spotify from my phone thru car, receive texts. Not much else. Now we're planning a vacation and I'm interested in navigation and what this UCONNECT really does if I get subscription. Can anyone clue me in? Also when I have radio on, navigation directions from my phone don't come thru car radio, only when on media setting... is that normal?
Welcome to the forum.

What trim level of 2017 Pacifica do you have? If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future.

Navigation through the cell phone directly to touchscreen is only available on 2018s and newer.

Some 2017s have a built in navigation system, but it isn't as up to date as a cell phone map and has a fee to update it every year or whenever there is an update available.

If your van has built in navigation, then there should be a navigation icon in settings that you can move to the front screen if desired.

You can download more extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website if desired. Be sure to check the multimedia section or the additional UConnect manual.

My 2017 Touring L came with optional navigation that I paid to have turned on after purchase. The navigation maps were old when turned on and I've paid about $100 to have them updated once so far.

Higher 2017 trim levels (such as Touring L Plus and Limited) probably have built in navigation so you may just need to explore it in the manuals if you have a higher trim level van.

Subscribing to UConnect in a 2017 Pacifica may give you features like remote unlock from your phone (lost fob, fob locked in van, or unlock very far away from van), vehicle health info, and other options that you can read about on the UConnect or Mopar websites.

I don't think subscribing to UConnect will change your navigation status.

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I received the 4G Hot-Spot Adapter the other day and installed it. It works pretty well. I took my laptop out to the van and was able to surf the internet.

So, the new Uconnect package at $9.99 per month has enabled:

1) Remote start/stop
2) Remote lock/unlock
3) Horn & lights vehicle location
4) Vehicle health report
5) GPS vehicle location
6) 4G Internet hot-spot connectivity (2 Gigabytes per month)

Anyone with a 2017 Pacifica should consider this new Uconnect package. The included adapter brings 4G connectivity to our early model Pacifica's. I think it is worth the $9.99 per month subscription fee.

Reactions: SciTchr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts