2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AWD touring L plus
25 Posts
Our 2017 Does an odd thing with the rear screens too. When we start the vehicle they power up when opened up. Then as soon as the kids go to open a game from either one they both blank out. Kind of disappointing tbh. They stay blank until the vehicle is stopped and turned off and locked.
My new 2021. Just started doing this. Is a week old. Did you find a fix for this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love the 2017 Pacifica we just got - but have been frustrated to no end with stuff not working :( First the glass over the cluster had to be replaced because there was a scratch on the inside. Then with about 2000 miles on it... the cluster itself goes out. That was fixed right before vacation - and while on vacation, the UConnect Theater screens behind the driver and passenger seats are now black. Less than 3000 miles on the thing - and looking forward to our 3rd repair... :(

Has anyone experienced this with UConnect Theater screens? They used to come on when we flipped them up - now they are black. Remote control power does nothing. I've done the reset on the Uconnect system (hold the two physical buttons so it resets... Mute and whatever the other button is)... it reboots, and they still don't come on. I've seen other people having issues with them.... just curious if there is anything else I might try before calling the dealer for yet another service visit.

Thanks in advance - vehicle itself runs great, its really comfortable but it can be frustrating when all the fancy gadgets we paid extra for simply don't work.
Did you ever figure out a fix for this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not. I have an appointment to leave the van with the dealer next Thursday for them to look into it. They will be providing a loaner until they figure it out.
Hello, I just purchased a 2017 and I'm having the same issue with the rear screens, when a game is selected the screen goes dark until the ignition is cycled. Did the dealer find a fix for this? Thanks, Roger

·
Registered
2021 AWD touring L plus
25 Posts
No they said there is no fix. Mine does not recycle when restarting either. The dealership said they r waiting for a firmware update that could take a couple months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No they said there is no fix. Mine does not recycle when restarting either. The dealership said they r waiting for a firmware update that could take a couple months.
I've got the same issue. The back screens are working until a game is launched. In my case, I can go to Settings -> Uconnect Theatre -> Power All (twice to turn them off then on) -> Select Input (the one which is off) -> Apps . After this the screen is active again and functioning as usual, except games.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lotteryfica, your car is brand new, and top of the line also, this must be very frustrating for you. My car is 4 years old with the same problem!! I hope it doesn't take a couple of months for Chrysler to figure this out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lotteryfica, your car is brand new, and top of the line also, this must be very frustrating for you. My car is 4 years old with the same problem!! I hope it doesn't take a couple of months for Chrysler to figure this out.
I was reading this forum months before buying the car, and this issue didn't surprise me. Overall I am very happy with the car, so far.
I booked an appointment at dealership on March 10th, will keep you posted if they find a fix.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was reading this forum months before buying the car, and this issue didn't surprise me. Overall I am very happy with the car, so far.
I booked an appointment at dealership on March 10th, will keep you posted if they find a fix.
I have the same issue. The apps worked fine until the first time we played a Blu Ray disc. After that event the screens go black when the kids select an app.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. The apps worked fine until the first time we played a Blu Ray disc. After that event the screens go black when the kids select an app.
I have this issue and have been on the call with the UConnect support, and they hadn't heard about it. At least I found this thread and know I'm not alone! I think you are on to something about it worked for us for a few days, then stopped, which may align with when we tested playing a disc.

How do we get Chrysler Cares to view this and plan for a fix? I'm asked to take the van in tomorrow but I don't expect the dealer to fix anything.

·
Registered
2021 AWD touring L plus
25 Posts
I have this issue and have been on the call with the UConnect support, and they hadn't heard about it. At least I found this thread and know I'm not alone! I think you are on to something about it worked for us for a few days, then stopped, which may align with when we tested playing a disc.

How do we get Chrysler Cares to view this and plan for a fix? I'm asked to take the van in tomorrow but I don't expect the dealer to fix anything.
Any word?

·
Registered
41 Posts
We brought in to the dealer and they have ordered a video routing module replacement. Not sure how that would go bad but I guess we will see once that arrives.
This seems like the best a dealer can do but the UConnect team probably needs to fix the software bug...

·
Registered
2021 AWD touring L plus
25 Posts
Yes. I tried removing that fuse and 4 others. Each were removed one at a time. Left out for 5-10 mins and replaced. No success from that.
may symptoms were that when any game was chosen. The screen would go completely black. Dvds would still work.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts