2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our 2021 had the same problem with screens going black when selecting an app/game. Dealer replaced video routing module, and that fixed the problem. Now they are ordering a new DVD player because DVDs won't play past the menu screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lotteryfica, has your issue with the games causing the screens to go black been resolved yet?
No it wasn't. It seems like the issue cannot be solved by a configuration or software reset. And I didn't want the dealer to touch the hardware, for everything else (streaming, climate control, destination info) works just fine, so I decided not to increase the risk of breaking anything else just for the games.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our 2021 had the same problem with screens going black when selecting an app/game. Dealer replaced video routing module, and that fixed the problem. Now they are ordering a new DVD player because DVDs won't play past the menu screen.
Did you get yours fixed after the VRM and DVD player? My blurays have no issues just the whole "can't use any games on the screens" thing is getting me and my vehicle in only 4 days old...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you get yours fixed after the VRM and DVD player? My blurays have no issues just the whole "can't use any games on the screens" thing is getting me and my vehicle in only 4 days old...
Our game issue started like on the second day after we bought the van. When they replaced the VRM, it resolved that problem. The DVD problem appears to be separate, so we are waiting on them to replace that part now. But games are working fine now that the VRM is replaced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When we replaced the VRM about a month ago, the game/black screen issue was resolved. Now all of a sudden today, it started again. We didn't do anything different. Any ideas? So frustrating, as it seemed like it was fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our new 2021 has the same issue, screens go black after selecting game. Just got off the phone with local dealership service department - they said there is no fix but engineering is aware of the problem. How about that for an answer? You have got to be kidding me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ours is doing the same. Our games worked for almost a week, but now when we select a game (other than "are we there yet?") the screen goes black. Took it in for service and they said it is a new issue that they just found out about and are working on it, but I've been able to find threads back to 2017 that talk about this known issue. One said changing out the VRM solved the problem. Another says they changed out the VRM, but 2 weeks later ended up with the same problem again....
  1. rear seat entertainment game apps not working
  2. VRM TSB 08-095-19 October 8, 2019
  3. Comment 15 and several after talk about this same problem (this is the same thread): UConnect Theater: Both back screens black
We also found this for when they service the VRM: en/TT9003596_en_US.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pushed them on it and they decided they would replace the VRM. I saw the same comments about it happening again. So far so good, but my kids don't use it that much. Hopefully it will last.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about your Uconnect theater functions causing you concerns. If you'd like additional support while working with your dealers to ensure that this gets properly addressed, please do not hesitate to send our team a private message! Please include details about your specific experience so I can get a better understanding of your unique situation.

Thanks,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our new 2021 has the same issue, screens go black after selecting game. Just got off the phone with local dealership service department - they said there is no fix but engineering is aware of the problem. How about that for an answer? You have got to be kidding me.
Unfortunately our new 2021 has the same failure on just the 2nd or 3rd day of ownership as well and we got the same reply from service.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2021 Pacifica Hybrid. They only worked for a few days. Now goes to a black screen when selecting an app other than "are we there yet". Chrysler please get us some help with this! I feel the dealer is not gonna be much help from the comments i've read. I have 2 boys that loved the games! Honestly the only reason i purchased this higher end model was for the apps. I expect better for a 45k vehicle!

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
950 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2021 Pacifica Hybrid. They only worked for a few days. Now goes to a black screen when selecting an app other than "are we there yet". Chrysler please get us some help with this! I feel the dealer is not gonna be much help from the comments i've read. I have 2 boys that loved the games! Honestly the only reason i purchased this higher end model was for the apps. I expect better for a 45k vehicle!
The dealer should be helpful. There are a numerous TSBs for this issue going all the way back to the 2017 models. The fix is almost always to update or replace the video routing module (VRM). The former is usually sufficient for the older models, but the latter seems to be necessary more often for the 2021 models.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any luck via ChryslerCares so far?
Yes, send them a DM with your issue and info. However, its a process so be patient.

I now have a star case with Chrysler and a Case Manager (CM) working internally. I have further explained the issue on the phone with my Chrysler CM, and pointed out that I have seen others in this forum with the same issue for years... some of which found a resolution through a video routing module (VRM) replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue. The back screens are working until a game is launched. In my case, I can go to Settings -> Uconnect Theatre -> Power All (twice to turn them off then on) -> Select Input (the one which is off) -> Apps . After this the screen is active again and functioning as usual, except games.
We just purchased a 2021 hybrid limited one week ago and have the exact issue! The games worked for one day and now the screen goes black if any game other than “Are We There Yet” is selected. The above steps restore the screen (but still don’t allow access to the games).

Sounds like a pretty longstanding issue looking at this forum! Do you think it is worth reporting it to our local dealership? Not really sure what they could do (not expecting them to crack open the source code and root out this bug!) and pretty minor in the grand scheme. Annoying though….

·
Registered
7 Posts
We just purchased a 2021 hybrid limited one week ago and have the exact issue! The games worked for one day and now the screen goes black if any game other than “Are We There Yet” is selected. The above steps restore the screen (but still don’t allow access to the games).

Sounds like a pretty longstanding issue looking at this forum! Do you think it is worth reporting it to our local dealership? Not really sure what they could do (not expecting them to crack open the source code and root out this bug!) and pretty minor in the grand scheme. Annoying though….
I took mine in to our local dealership. Long story short, they acknowledged the problem but could not fix it. Not willing to replace the VRM at this point, saying they saw a 3rd quarter software update was in the works to fix this issue so we ought to wait on that first.

ChryslerCares has been in touch politely and sporadically but they have not really been all that helpful in coordinating with my local dealership or escalating any further at this point. I would say take it in just to have it documented by your local dealership as leverage for future options, but don't expect the problem to be fixed any time soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is pretty much where I am at as well.

They put in a case for me, and told me a fix is being worked on.

But that's the last I have heard and it's been about a month since the last communication.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
They replaced our VRM, which helped at first, but then the same issue started happening again where the screens go black. They replaced the DVD player, but it still won't play DVDs. I called Chrysler Cares and they said there is a software update pending that should fix both issues. They put our name on a list that will receive an email when the software update is available. I'm not holding my breath. It is very frustrating they can't fix this. Tesla is constantly doing software updates to fix glitches. Not sure why this is taking so long.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts