2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Hello everyone,

Based on the symptoms that are described I was able to locate the latest VRM TSB.

Please feel free to follow up with us privately if additional assistance is needed.

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,263 Posts
Hi--do we take the vehicle in to the dealership for this software update?
Yes. Updates to vehicle modules can only be done by the dealer.

Reactions: ChryslerCares

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well that's a bit frustrating customer service. I have apparently had a case entered on my behalf since 5/27, and this fix seemed to have published on 6/19... now its 7/1 but no one has reached out to me.

In my world if I am waiting on a case that the vendor is working on, once the fix is in place, they should be proactively contacting me to let me know to proceed to the next step in resolution. How long would I have just been sitting here waiting if not for a random person posting that they TOO had the same issue. And even worse, the new instance is AFTER the TSB release but the dealer they happened to work with apparently are unaware of the fix??? Not an awesome experience IMO.

Also 'fun', I just checked on the uconnect software update website and it suggests my van is up to date. So either it updated OTA without my noticing, or the uconnect site is wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I can gather, the uconnect software update website does not provide updates for the video routing module (VRM). This has to be done by the Chrysler dealership technician and can only be downloaded through the Chrysler diagnostic tool (Witech). If Lamar from Chrysler Cares had posted the complete TSB this would have been apparent. Also it requires a disconnect and connect of a VRM connector and I'm sure Chrysler doesn't want vehicle owners doing this.
If someone has this TSB 98-018-21 rev A performed, and it works, please post your results. My grandkids would love to be able to use the games without crashing the system. I'm out of warrantee and am reluctant to pay the dealer to not fix my car until I'm sure they really have a fix.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just set my appointment for the TSB update work to be done August 3rd.

Very disappointed that no one ever contacted me that the TSB was created. I created a case with ChryslerCares/Unconnect so that they could track this and notify me when ready. Its been ready since June 19th, but I only learned about it here on July 1st.

Also the dealerships inability to provide me with a loaner car during this work when its scheduled 2 weeks out is very frustrating. It really sours me on the Chrysler dealership experience so far that they don't have loaners even for warranty work to be completed. I know it's not a luxury car, but it is a $48k msrp purchase (and I didn't even get a top trim model)... the dealership experience should reflect that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealer should be helpful. There are a numerous TSBs for this issue going all the way back to the 2017 models. The fix is almost always to update or replace the video routing module (VRM). The former is usually sufficient for the older models, but the latter seems to be necessary more often for the 2021 models.

No help at the dealer. Was told that the video module fix is not something they are willing to do since its not a real fix. More of a patch that will also stop working. Was told that an update in in the works but not eta as of right now for when it will be done.. Sad. One would think they would want to fix this right away. But I hear this update has been in the works for some time now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No help at the dealer. Was told that the video module fix is not something they are willing to do since its not a real fix. More of a patch that will also stop working. Was told that an update in in the works but not eta as of right now for when it will be done.. Sad. One would think they would want to fix this right away. But I hear this update has been in the works for some time now.
Did they do the software update in the TSB listed above? I just made another appointment at the dealership for the update. It came out last month after I had already taken it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did they do the software update in the TSB listed above? I just made another appointment at the dealership for the update. It came out last month after I had already taken it in.
I noticed that after I posted the previous post. But I did call my dealer and talked my service advisor who said they have had people come in with that TSB but it did not fix anything. in fact he said they have been looking for that actual TSB in the system and could not find it.. The REV. A at least. I did a search my self and can not find it.. So I am skeptical now. is the TSB genuine...? If you look at this original TSB from January it has the complete TSB not just the first page. Anyway a search for this new REV. A version does not come up with anything other then this forum... So seems odd. Normally you can find any TSB on the nhtsa website...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you please show the complete TSB? According to response below, dealerships are having a hard time locating the actual TSB.

Hello everyone,

Based on the symptoms that are described I was able to locate the latest VRM TSB.

Please feel free to follow up with us privately if additional assistance is needed.

View attachment 47044

Lamar
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
955 Posts
Can you please show the complete TSB? According to response below, dealerships are having a hard time locating the actual TSB.
Click on the link. That is the TSB. That's the same thing a dealership would see when they look at it.

Reactions: ChryslerCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Click on the link. That is the TSB. That's the same thing a dealership would see when they look at it.
Where was this pulled from? Where is the rest of if? The TSB should include the entire work to be performed. Also when compared to the original from January it doesn't look correct. all the TSB's I see are clear and clean text. This looks cropped together like something done in photoshop...

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
955 Posts
Where was this pulled from? Where is the rest of if? The TSB should include the entire work to be performed. Also when compared to the original from January it doesn't look correct. all the TSB's I see are clear and clean text. This looks cropped together like something done in photoshop...
The procedure isn't going to change between the two TSBs. Chrysler Cares probably just posted the first page of the latest revision. All TSBs can be found in Mopar Tech Authority. This is the service resource that dealerships use and is also most likely where ChryslerCares got it from. If a tech can't find the TSB, I'd also question their ability to correctly perform said procedure. That's a high level of incompetence for a dealership tech IMO. Their livelihood literally relies on their ability to use their own resources.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I set my appointment earlier this week the dealer pulled the tsb, and quickly read through the fix so he could designate the work to an appropriate tech.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

61 - 76 of 76 Posts