2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I've had my Touring L Plus about six weeks. After a week of driving the Uconnect Theater started crashing and rebooting. As more time passes, the more frequent it is (every few minutes.) The screens crash, turn blue, then a black screen with two penguins in the upper left appear with the words "Please wait...booting..." Sometimes I have to eject the DVD to get it to work properly. Anyone have this happen? It's maddening! Thanks!

·
Registered
758 Posts
That would drive me crazy as well. Sounds like a dealership trip is in your future for a software reload/reflash. Please let us know how the dealer solves this problem.

I don't have my Pacifica yet I have not experienced this problem. Hopefully you get it resolved quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there - I experienced the exact same thing this past weekend on our 1st road trip- have you gotten any word?

Hi...I've had my Touring L Plus about six weeks. After a week of driving the Uconnect Theater started crashing and rebooting. As more time passes, the more frequent it is (every few minutes.) The screens crash, turn blue, then a black screen with two penguins in the upper left appear with the words "Please wait...booting..." Sometimes I have to eject the DVD to get it to work properly. Anyone have this happen? It's maddening! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi wschmidt & Soupy454, Me too faced the same issue on my Touring L Plus. Raised a case with UConnect and now scheduled a dealer visit for Diagnostics check. Lets see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had the system crash once in my Limited but it was right after inserting a 64GB usb drive into the rear entertainment port so I just figured it was an unsupported drive. I haven't tried that one again and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any fixes for this yet? We have the same issue on our Elite. Every day after picking up the kids it crashes 3+ times on the way home. It never does it on the way to the daycare, so I am not sure if it is heat related. I was thinking it was when I charged by phone via USB, but it is still doing it with no USB devices connected.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Got the exact model two weeks ago and had experience the same issue during our first road trip. The system crashes and rebooted on its own. This happened to me twice already. I also experience the climate control getting locked to Low and can't adjust as the system was not responding until I restarted the engine. It happened after a strong rain and I noticed that the temperature gauge shoots to 100+ degrees C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another fun thing I have noticed. It seems to crash randomly, even when the rear screens are powered off. The kids fell asleep on the road trip last night, so we stopped the bluray on both screens and used the power off so it didn't illuminate the rear seats. 15 minutes later or so, both screens were powered on again (I assume because they rebooted, but we had the front screen on NAV/Satellite radio, so we didn't see the normal penguins). I would love to hear someone post back that they took it to the dealer and it was fixed. I'm hesitant to bring it in and have them tell me they cannot repeat the issue since it is so random.

Thanks,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Started having the same problem just this week after about a month of no issues. I wonder if an update went out over the air that caused the problem. I have an appointment on Friday to check it out.

Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had my appointment at the dealer today. They reproduced the problem (easy, since it happens all the time with ours), contacted Chrysler engineering, and were instructed to order a new video control module (?). It should come next week. I'll update this thread after that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased 2017 Pacifica in July. First time we used the DVD player the screen went blank, 2 penguins appeared stating system rebooting, happened multiple times. UConnect advised us to take to Dealership, and assigned us a case manager. Dealership replaced the routing module. Within an hour of drive time the system crashed again multiple times. Took back to dealership for the second time. Techs contacted Chrysler engineering and advised them to download vehicle info and send to engineer. Tech was advised to swap Radio, and the video processing chip. Picked up vehicle again, and during the drive home from the dealership (20 mins) the audio was cracking. Took back to dealership and still have not had vehicle returned. Purchased car on 7/21. On the 9th day tried the DVD player and it crashed. Car has been with dealer since August 2nd. Anyone have any updates on their experience?

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have not had a problem in several days even without replacing the video module (or doing anything else.) We even went on a 400 mile road trip with tons of traffic and no issues. I think another over-the-air update went out and resolved it.

Interestingly, we can also now use the HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs independently - this was not working prior to the crash behavior, we could only use one at a time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It crashes randomly and either has the 2 Linux penguins show up at the top of the screen or it freezes altogether. Bringing it to the dealer on Thursday.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchase a Pacifica three weeks ago. The first day at the dealership we were there late. The sales person let us take one home for the night. We noticed that night that the Connect Theater didn't work...the whole penguin thing. We return the next day and told the sales person about it. They assured us they would fix it (my wife wanted that particular Pacifica because of colors and being a Touring L Plus). So they ordered a new BluRay player. Well after two weeks of waiting I dropped the van off yesterday for the repair. I got a call today that it was fixed and ready for pick-up. Well I went to pick it up, they may have replaced the BluRay player but it didn't fix the problem. Not only that, no one bothered to test the thing before calling me. So 1 they failed to test the vehicle before showing it to a customer, 2. They sold me a vehicle with a known problem. 3. they said they fixed it, they got me driving all over town. I am not happy camper now. Additionally, the second row seat lever which allows people into the 3rd seat row stopped working. I told the technician about it when I took it in for the BluRay player. That also wasn't fixed. Has anyone had the crashing problem resolved yet?

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
So they ordered a new BluRay player.
Why would the Blu-ray player have anything to do with Uconnect Theater crashing? Was it even playing a Blu-ray when it crashed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I got a call the van was ready and made the trip back to the dealership. (twice in one day) So here is the skinny on the UConnect Theater. There is a software update coming in the near future which is suppose to fix the issue. Additionally, dealers are instructed not to replace VCM (video control modules) like was mention in an earlier post that a dealer was going to replace the VCM. I read the engineer message myself because I wasn't happy with the answer I got from the service agent.

·
Registered
25 Posts
UConnect Theatre Crashing Too

Just received delivery of Pacifica and UConnect Theatre randomly reboots. Drive side UConnect screen consistently goes black and returns to normal only after a vehicle restart then returns to black shortly after.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should not be eating into warranty time (on that Connect Theater) when you received the van with a non-functioning system. I hope you got that in writing before signing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
UConnect Issues

So our UConnect issues are now impacting our main UConnect screen (on dash). The unit freezes and more concerning randomly changes settings and scrolls through different settings (as if someone is pressing buttons on the screen but no one is!). At this point the system is not functional since we cannot utilize the radio, navigation, and all the other controls on the screen so we have dropped the car off at the dealership for a diagnosis. As of now Chrysler has been engaged and they are reviewing the fault codes that the dealer was able to record. Hoping to have a resolution soon!!

1 - 20 of 222 Posts