2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I've read that, too. But the replacements I received back in January were exactly the same as the original ones that came with the brand new car.

Lately my kids have been using their own corded headphones since they brought home the ones they had been using at school, but now I'm ready to reorder replacements.

I received two replacement headsets recently but haven’t checked them out yet. I should have one original headphone remaining since I sent only the broken one. I will compare them and let you know. Hopefully the changes are in the material quality if not in the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the information everyone, we're in the same boat.... both battery doors on the Uconnect headphones broke in the same place.

ChryslerCares - There should be a TSB on this and the dealers should assist, our dealer is clueless.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Happened to me too. Sad day. Is that covered under the extended warranty?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about that. But I can see very well why you ask that question (very smart BTW). I received my replacement headphones and they are of the exact same quality as before. IMG_1896.jpg
The one on left side is new and the one with battery is old. I got two replacements even though I sent in one broken headphone. The headphones don’t get much use in my case and that may help in its longevity.
Assuming that with fair use the headphones are going to break and they will be replacing under warranty until it expires. I doubt it will be covered under extended warranty, otherwise they will have to continue replacing my headphones for the lifetime of my car. :D.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thanks for the information everyone, we're in the same boat.... both battery doors on the Uconnect headphones broke in the same place.

ChryslerCares - There should be a TSB on this and the dealers should assist, our dealer is clueless.
ChryslerCares, states it's a 3rd party vendor problem and there is nothing FCA can do. I believe FCA should put pressure of the maker of the headphones.

Eventually they'll redesign the headphones due to the cost of replacing ours every 3 to 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. But I can see very well why you ask that question (very smart BTW). I received my replacement headphones and they are of the exact same quality as before. View attachment 36962
The one on left side is new and the one with battery is old. I got two replacements even though I sent in one broken headphone. The headphones don’t get much use in my case and that may help in its longevity.
Assuming that with fair use the headphones are going to break and they will be replacing under warranty until it expires. I doubt it will be covered under extended warranty, otherwise they will have to continue replacing my headphones for the lifetime of my car. :D.

Lifetime warranty to the frist owners.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you mazlynn for providing that number and thanks all for this thread. Had my first battery door break and getting two replacements for when the second inevitably breaks. How long did it take to get the replacements? They said 2-3 weeks, but just wondering if that was accurate.

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
I just had my first pair break as well. Calling Aptiv to get replacements was quick and painless. The woman I spoke with said that they are well aware of the design flaw, and they have engineers working on a new design with stronger materials. Until then, the replacements will be the same old design with the same flaw, but they will continue to replace them if they break again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, my goodness! I HATE my 2017 Pacifica as well! I am also trying to get to someone at Delphi as my battery door broke as well on the headphones. PLUS, my booster seats, even with a Britax seat protector, made a cut in the leather of the back seats. Had one fixed, did it again, and now other seat is torn. My kids are under 50 lbs so I can't imagine why the seats would tear. What e-mail can we use to get someone at Delphi? I called but no answer and had to leave message. I'm sure I'll never hear from them!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh, my goodness! I HATE my 2017 Pacifica as well! I am also trying to get to someone at Delphi as my battery door broke as well on the headphones. PLUS, my booster seats, even with a Britax seat protector, made a cut in the leather of the back seats. Had one fixed, did it again, and now other seat is torn. My kids are under 50 lbs so I can't imagine why the seats would tear. What e-mail can we use to get someone at Delphi? I called but no answer and had to leave message. I'm sure I'll never hear from them!
Seems quite negative. Our van's been awesome and we have a range of car seats and also seat protectors. Perhaps you can post pictures of the rips and seats, etc. you have with the forum (different thread)? I'd be interested to see as it's the first time I've heard of it

This is a highly useful thread for those that need it - thanks all for sharing. I've not had the issue (been extra careful after seeing the thread - also told my kids to be careful and once they break it, it's gone). While the one part by a third party may have a weakpoint, I hope folks don't get things out of perspective and suggest "the van" or "chrysler" is a failure because of a weak point in third party headphones...realistically most headphones I've used in life would break in the hands of kids. I've seen some from overly dramatic responses. After all, we all bought a van ($40k) to get you places. a pair of headphones ($2-100 depending) is a whole different thing and not primary to the task of moving you from A to B

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wanted to share my experiences to add to everyone else's: the battery door on one of my headphones broke as well, through normal use after 2 months (no roughhousing or mistreatment). I called the dedicated wireless headphone warranty line at 248-813-2371 (thank you to whoever shared that earlier in the thread). Originally, the support agent was going to send me a whole new headset, but that felt wasteful for me to throw away a perfectly good headset. She said then that they could send me just the battery door cover (quantity 3 actually, in case it happens again). A bit of a hassle to have to go through this, but at least the warranty coverage and support seems very good!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I received two replacement headsets recently but haven�t checked them out yet. I should have one original headphone remaining since I sent only the broken one. I will compare them and let you know. Hopefully the changes are in the material quality if not in the design.

Just want to update that the replacement headphones are similar to original ones as everyone suggested.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also want to share my experience here. One of our headphones broke after 3 months of use as is the case it seems with these. I told my dealer about it and said they have to be constructed poorly if they are breaking this easily. So they ordered me a new PAIR. 1 week later I got two new headphones in the mail. Easy peasy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes...mine broke within 2 months. Only used a few times. Dealer replaced --- said to come to dealer to change batteries...ridiculous!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get these? Delphi? Please tell me how you did this and were the replacements any better? BOTH of my doors broke, under warranty and normal use. Definitely a faulty part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I contacted Aptiv through email. I have 4 headsets. None are broken completely, but two are cracked. They are sending me 2 complete headsets, and a couple of doors to keep in the glove box in case one breaks on a trip. I tried the phone number, but the email got a response within an hour. Overall, I would rank my experience very good, other than the fact that they shouldn't break in the first place.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts