2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our UConnect theater screen located behind the passenger seat stopped working this past month. Here is a short vide of what is occurring:

My thought was to try and switch out the screen behind the driver seat with the broken one, to make sure the problem is actually the screen itself, and not some other component. I have searched the internet up and down for how I might be able to do this. There are zero YouTube videos, so I tried to locate a service/repair manual. Welcome Page | ALLDATA does not have anything related to the Chrysler Pacifica, and https://www.childtondiy.com is broken and won't allow you to actually place an online order. So I tried to carefully tackle this one myself.

First I noticed that there are 2 removable panels located beneath the screen that easily pop off. Beneath that are 4 screws that I also removed. After removing them, still nothing was able to move or budge. The panels on either side are fixed into place, I tried prying on them a little bit to see if they were held in by clips, but I think I may have heard something break or snap off inside, and abandoned this idea. Is this actually screwed together from underneath the leather? Has anyone taken this apart before?

If anyone can offer any help, please let me know. Thanks for your time.

PXL_20210102_223028366.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
765 Posts
What year is your van? I'm assuming you're out of warranty. If not, I would definitely take it back to a dealership. There are a few TSBs that address some issues with the rear screens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2017, bought it new in August 2016. It's received zero physical abuse, and has not been used often. Just randomly quit working. Definitely out of warranty. A dealer will surely charge me an arm and a leg to get this working again.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's a 2017, bought it new in August 2016. It's received zero physical abuse, and has not been used often. Just randomly quit working. Definitely out of warranty. A dealer will surely charge me an arm and a leg to get this working again.
If you haven't done so already, look at the connections under the passenger seat going to the Video Routing Module (VRM). There are five connectors going to it. A large, black 26-pin connector, and four other smaller colored connectors (blue, violet, white, brown) that each encapsulate a male mini-USB plug. There's a good chance something got kicked around, disconnected, or damaged down there. Even if everything looks fine at a glance, I'd still temporarily disconnect all of them for a few minutes. It won't hurt anything to try this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Okay can you help me with what you're explaining to this person. My Uconnect theater screens just don't power on at all. I've pulled fuses, they are all good, put them back in, that didn't do any good except completely reset my radio. I tried all the fuses that said anything having to do with media or entertainment. So far nothing has worked.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Okay can you help me with what you're explaining to this person. My Uconnect theater screens just don't power on at all. I've pulled fuses, they are all good, put them back in, that didn't do any good except completely reset my radio. I tried all the fuses that said anything having to do with media or entertainment. So far nothing has worked.
Look at my previous post. Look for anything damaged or disconnected under the passenger seat. Even if everything looks fine, temporarily disconnect all five plugs from the VRM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at my previous post. Look for anything damaged or disconnected under the passenger seat. Even if everything looks fine, temporarily disconnect all five plugs from the VRM.
What is the VRM? I am having the same issue with both rear screens not working. I can't even look at the screens to see what update the rear screens have. The system has also been freezing every once in a while. At one point I thought I had the "blue screen of death" when the front screen was completely blue. I freaked out a little but that was an averted crisis.😅

·
Registered
765 Posts
What is the VRM? I am having the same issue with both rear screens not working. I can't even look at the screens to see what update the rear screens have. The system has also been freezing every once in a while. At one point I thought I had the "blue screen of death" when the front screen was completely blue. I freaked out a little but that was an averted crisis.😅
Read post #4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts