2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UConnect 8.4 (2017 Pacifica Touring-L model) - I just got an email about a software update for the vehicle and that the new one is now over the air. Anyone know what's being updated? Anyone receive it yet?

Here's the email:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
UConnect 8.4 (2017 Pacifica Touring-L model) - I just got an email about a software update for the vehicle and that the new one is now over the air. Anyone know what's being updated? Anyone receive it yet?

Here's the email:
View attachment 42324
View attachment 42325
I got the same email this morning. I assume it will show up on the van touchscreen within a few days. I didn't have problems with the OTA update in Sept. 2017. I don't know what the update is for other than UConnect.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Got it this morning as well, but nothing shows in the van yet. I guess they are rolling it out slowly to prevent overloading the servers, but they should have put in the e-mail something to that effect. As they wrote it, one could expect the notification to be there the next time you start the van.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I got the actual update last weekend before receiving the email this morning. Does anyone know what got changed. I don’t see anything (yet).

·
Registered
208 Posts
So what is the version number on this update? I believe we're still running the 17.43.01 and haven't gotten an OTA notification yet. We're taking a longer trip this weekend, so it will be interesting to see if the length of time allows the OTA to come through. I did check the Uconnect update site, but the most recent thing shown there (at least for us) is the same as the 17.43.01 we already have..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pardon me for newbie question, but do you have to have mobile service in your Pacifica in order to receive over-the-air updates?

I just bought 2017 Pacifica L Plus for my wife couple weeks ago and still learning Uconnect Theater system.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Pardon me for newbie question, but do you have to have mobile service in your Pacifica in order to receive over-the-air updates?

I just bought 2017 Pacifica L Plus for my wife couple weeks ago and still learning Uconnect Theater system.
AFIK, the over the air (OTA) updates are independent of any subscriptions you have. The van can always talk to the internet. I get monthly reports on the critical systems of then van (see thumbnail.) I think you have to go to chrysler.com and register as the owner of the van to get it.

Welcome to the Pacifica family.

·
Registered
19 Posts
AFIK, the over the air (OTA) updates are independent of any subscriptions you have. The van can always talk to the internet. I get monthly reports on the critical systems of then van (see thumbnail.) I think you have to go to chrysler.com and register as the owner of the van to get it.

Welcome to the Pacifica family.
Thanks Jerry.
I will register with Chrysler and see what happens.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Today I can’t operate the voice control to enter an address in the navigation system. 17 Limited ICE. Every time I push the button it asks about Siri, which I don’t use. Is this due to the update?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would like to correct a couple of misconceptions here.
1. 2017s do not get updates over the air, regardless of any emails you may have received. There were some downloadable updates for 2017s in late 2017 that you could apply yourself. Otherwise all updates must come from the dealer.
2. 2018s and later can get over the air updates provided they have the required cellular modem. Some trim levels don't. Check your rear view mirror, if you don't have the Assist button then you don't have the cellular modem.
I believe these two points are true for both hybrid and gas Pacificas. If anyone has counterexamples I would be happy to hear about them.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
1. 2017s do not get updates over the air, regardless of any emails you may have received. There were some downloadable updates for 2017s in late 2017 that you could apply yourself. Otherwise all updates must come from the dealer.
2. 2018s and later can get over the air updates provided they have the required cellular modem. Some trim levels don't. Check your rear view mirror, if you don't have the Assist button then you don't have the cellular modem.
I believe these two points are true for both hybrid and gas Pacificas. If anyone has counterexamples I would be happy to hear about them.
I'm not sure why you think that 2017s can't get updates over the air.
My 2017 gas Pacifica Touring L with an 8.4 touchscreen, navigation, and assist button (build date Sept 2016) got an OTA update in September 2017 through the touchscreen without a problem (without me downloading anything from the computer). I just touched the screen and followed directions. I received an email for that OTA software update.

The UConnect software version the van currently has is 17.43.01 which was installed by the dealer last spring. The version number may vary by trim level. I don't have a theater package.

I recently received the email about the current OTA update and am waiting for it to show up on the van touchscreen.

·
Registered
800 Posts
As @SciTchr posted, I remember getting an OTA update as well. My Touring L plus has a "9 1 1" button and an ASSIST button on the mirror. The 911 button, unlike the 2018 & later SOS button, DIRECTLY calls 911. I am not sure if a U-Connect subscription is required -- I got conflicting information from Chrysler, but I think I saw in the forums that 2018 & later do require a subscription for SOS access to 911.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not sure why you think that 2017s can't get updates over the air.
My 2017 gas Pacifica Touring L with an 8.4 touchscreen, navigation, and assist button (build date Sept 2016) got an OTA update in September 2017 through the touchscreen without a problem (without me downloading anything from the computer). I just touched the screen and followed directions. I received an email for that OTA software update.

The UConnect software version the van currently has is 17.43.01 which was installed by the dealer last spring. The version number may vary by trim level. I don't have a theater package.

I recently received the email about the current OTA update and am waiting for it to show up on the van touchscreen.
Thank you, I stand corrected. The reason I thought the 2017s didn't get OTA updates was because they have a 3G modem and I thought that had insufficient bandwidth to download updates. I do remember that there were updates posted at driveuconnect.com and I thought that the reason they were posted there was because that was because 2017s couldn't get them any other way.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Thank you, I stand corrected. The reason I thought the 2017s didn't get OTA updates was because they have a 3G modem and I thought that had insufficient bandwidth to download updates. I do remember that there were updates posted at driveuconnect.com and I thought that the reason they were posted there was because that was because 2017s couldn't get them any other way.
The only OTA update available for my van was in Sept. 2017. All the other UConnect or van software updates were done at the dealer. Having UConnect updates available online may help some people avoid a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
2017 Limited owner here. We received the Uconnect update OTA in 2017. We ignored it for a few weeks because people on the forums here were reporting bricked head units after applying the update. IIRC, the update roll-out was suspended and then a new version was pushed. After the problem reports ended, we let the OTA update proceed and had no problem.

We haven't had any OTA update until now. My wife received the recent email, and then got the notice in the van on Friday. For now, we're ignoring it. I want somebody else to be the guinea pig

I wish what AZBean said was true. I'd rather not have ANY OTA update of anything. If the van breaks, we'll take it to a dealer. If it ain't broke, leave us alone.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have one of the earliest 2017s (Limited) and I have been getting OTA updates including one last Sunday. No problem with the update as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Today I can’t operate the voice control to enter an address in the navigation system. 17 Limited ICE. Every time I push the button it asks about Siri, which I don’t use. Is this due to the update?
I have software version 18.11.07
I just tried the voice command button on mine this morning. If I quickly press/release the voice button I get Uconnect voice commanding but if I hold it down longer I get Siri. I’m not 100% sure but it seems like I used to hold it down much longer for Siri than today.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I downloaded software update from website and updated Uconnect via USB flash drive. I now have 17.43.01 version.

I also have 911 and ACCESS button on the mirror.

Then I saw 3G symbol on top of APPS button and tried to register Uconnect from the van and it worked.

Question: does ACCESS service require monthly payments?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
A free trial of UConnect Access extra features (remote unlock with cell phone, etc.) came with new vans.

It is good to have the van registered with UConnect for update info, etc. for which there shouldn't be a monthly fee.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts