2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
A free trial of UConnect Access extra features (remote unlock with cell phone, etc.) came with new vans.

It is good to have the van registered with UConnect for update info, etc. for which there shouldn't be a monthly fee.
I bought my van used, two weeks ago, so I am not sure if I get free trial.

I registered with Uconnect this morning, though, and website didn't ask me for credit card. And I saw three options after I registered, one was Advanced Package that had all those features that you mentioned.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I downloaded software update from website and updated Uconnect via USB flash drive. I now have 17.43.01 version.

I also have 911 and ACCESS button on the mirror.

Then I saw 3G symbol on top of APPS button and tried to register Uconnect from the van and it worked.

Question: does ACCESS service require monthly payments?
I know when my trial subscription ran out the advanced hands free texting features were no longer available so I subscribed since those are important to me. The newer vans with Apple and Android integration apparently don't have those features anymore.

I am guessing some of the apps would not work either, but again with the new vans you might get them through the phone anyway.

They told me the ASSIST features would not be available without a subscription. But I got different answers about the 911 communication.

It will be interesting to see what the 2019/2020 vans have when I renew my lease.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When we decided to buy Pacifica and I was doing research about it I, think, I read somewhere that 911 feature would work regardless if you had subscription or not.

EDIT

I just logged in to Mopar site and it says that my Uconnect Access expired.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
When we decided to buy Pacifica and I was doing research about it I, think, I read somewhere that 911 feature would work regardless if you had subscription or not.

EDIT

I just logged in to Mopar site and it says that my Uconnect Access expired.
For a Touring L, I got a free trial for 6 months of Access after a new purchase, so I'm not surprised it is expired for your van. You should still be able to get some vehicle health reports via email and other basic UConnect features without subscribing since I get them. I got the email for the OTA coming up and the one in the past without having to pay for the subscription.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think I've got version 17.43.01 ... does anyone know the version number for the new release?

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've never paid for the UConnect service on my 2017. I accidentally hit the 911 button a few days ago. To my embarrassment, it works.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think I've got version 17.43.01 ... does anyone know the version number for the new release?
Thanks!
Check post 18 in this thread.
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signaure line it helps us answer questions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check post 18 in this thread.
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signaure line it helps us answer questions.
OK, I've got a 2017 gas Touring L Plus ... but just exactly what does that have to do with the release number that other owners are seeing with the new UConnect update? As you might imagine, I got one of the emails indicating that a new over-the-air update was coming, so just wondering what they've gotten.

PS - Post 18 doesn't indicate that the software came as a result of the latest over-the-air update and, if I had to guess, I'd guess that the "18" in the version number referred to the model year...so it may not applicable to this thread at all.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
OK, I've got a 2017 gas Touring L Plus ... but just exactly what does that have to do with the release number that other owners are seeing with the new UConnect update? As you might imagine, I got one of the emails indicating that a new over-the-air update was coming, so just wondering what they've gotten.

PS - Post 18 doesn't indicate that the software came as a result of the latest over-the-air update and, if I had to guess, I'd guess that the "18" in the version number referred to the model year...so it may not applicable to this thread at all.
If you read the whole thread, you will see that @BrettP has an early 2017 Limited (built in 2016 since I've read it on the forum in the past) and had the recent update so that was my best guess as to the update number. I could be wrong.
Knowing your van info is helpful. Some trim levels have a theater package and sometimes have different updates.
My van has the same update number as yours. I haven't received the recent update, but @BrettP has.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you read the whole thread, you will see that @BrettP has an early 2017 Limited built in 2016 and had the recent update so that was my best guess as to the update number. I could be wrong.
Knowing your van info is helpful. Some trim levels have a theater package and sometimes have different updates.
My van has the same update number as yours. I haven't received the recent update, but @BrettP has.
Yup, the signature doesn't show by default...and I missed that. So maybe that's the new version number. And, going from 17 to 18, maybe it's major enough to have significant changes. While only introducing a few (?) minor (?) bugs...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got email from Uconnect Access today asking to subscribe to Advantage Package for $14.99 per month or $149.99 per year.
I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know when my trial subscription ran out the advanced hands free texting features were no longer available so I subscribed since those are important to me.
So the van can take voice dictation for text messages, but only if you pay a monthly fee for Uconnect? That's kind of lame. I just looked at the Uconnect page here, and I don't see any mention of text messaging:

I have a 2017 Limited gas.

·
Registered
770 Posts
So the van can take voice dictation for text messages, but only if you pay a monthly fee for Uconnect? That's kind of lame. I just looked at the Uconnect page here, and I don't see any mention of text messaging:

We are talking 2 years ago, so I don't remember clearly. With the subscription, I can dictate (speech recognition) a reply to a text message. I think without the subscription there were some boilerplate response button (thank you, etc.). I believe this is the "freeform" texting referenced below (bolded by me)

The details from page 130 of the 5th edition Users Guide. Note that the 911 service is lumped in -- some posters have indicated it is independent of the subscription.

Uconnect Access enhances your ownership and driving experience by connecting your vehicle to
an operable 1X(voice/data) or 3G(data) network. When connected to an operable 1X (voice/
data) or 3G (data) network, you can:

• Place a call to a local 9-1-1 Operator for emergency assistance.
• Remotely lock/unlock your doors and start your vehicle from virtually anywhere, using the
Uconnect Access App from your device. You can also do so by logging into your owner site,
or by calling Uconnect Access Care when your vehicle has an operable 1X (voice/data) or 3G
(data) network connection. Services can only be used where coverage is available; see
coverage map for details.
• Turn your vehicle into a 3GWi-Fi Hotspot and connect your devices to the internet.
• Receive text or email notifications if your vehicle's security alarm goes off.
• Receive stolen vehicle assistance, using GPS technology to help authorities locate your
vehicle if it is stolen.
Listen to your text messages or send free-form text messages with your voice while keeping
your hands on the wheel, using the Voice Texting feature requires a device that supports
Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP).

• Search for places to eat, shop, relax and play with Yelp, using your voice or on-screen menu.
Then navigate to them (navigation standard on Uconnect 8.4 NAV, optional on
Uconnect 8.4).
• Get operator assistance using the ASSIST button on your interior rearview mirror.

Before you drive, familiarize yourself with the easy-to-use Uconnect Access services.
1. The ASSIST and 9-1-1 buttons are located on your rearview mirror. The ASSIST button is used
for contacting Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Care and Uconnect Access Care. The 9-1-1
button connects you to emergency services.
NOTE:
Vehicles sold in Canada and Mexico DO NOT have 9-1-1 call system capabilities. 9-1-1 or other
emergency line operators in Canada and Mexico may not answer or respond to 9-1-1 system calls.
2. The Uconnect “Apps ” button is located in the center of the menu bar of the radio
touchscreen. This is where you can manage your Apps and purchase 3GWi-Fi on demand.
3. The Uconnect Voice Command and Uconnect Phone buttons are located on the left side of
your steering wheel. These buttons let you use your voice to give commands, make phone
calls, send and receive text messages hands-free, enter navigation destinations, and control
your radio and media devices.
Included Trial Period For New Vehicles
Your new vehicle may come with an included trial period for use of theUconnect Access Services
starting at the date of vehicle purchase (date based on vehicle sales notification from your
dealer). To activate the trial, you must first register with Uconnect Access. After the trial
period, if you wish to continue your Uconnect Access Services you can choose to purchase a
subscription.
Uconnect Access Subscription
• After the trial period, you can subscribe by pushing the ASSIST button on the rear-view mirror
and speaking with a Uconnect Access Care agent or by visiting the owner site Mopar.com. If
you need assistance, U.S. residents can call Uconnect Access Care at 1-855-792-4241 .
• For the latest information on packages and pricing information: U.S. residents visit
DriveUconnect.com.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

@jerry17 is correct about needing to have a subscription to dictate exactly what you want texted.

Without the UConnect Access subscription in my 2017 Pacifica, I can listen to text messages and respond using about 18 prewritten responses to choose from. I think they show up on the touchscreen to touch or you can say them with the "voice recognition" feature. Check the phone tab if you have a phone paired with the van. I don't remember if you have to do anything in the settings menu.

Normally I just listen to the texts and respond later.

You can download a 2017 UConnect owner's manual from the Mopar or UConnect website and look under "Voice Recognition Quick Tips" about pages 200-201.

If the first link doesn't go to the UConnect manual, scroll to the very bottom of the second link page and under Resources, click owner's manual. I hope one of the links gets you to a UConnect manual for a 2017 Pacifica.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
11 Participants
SciTchr
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing