2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a minor issue with the default volume control for RES vs radio. For the radio, the volume is set higher and for RES it is much lower. The problem happens when I switch to a CD/ DVD and press the listen in button, waiting for the music to start. I cant hear anything until I figure out that the volume was so low and the music was already playing. Conversely if I am switching from a CD to the radio, the volume is so loud that it startles my sleeping kids. How to make the volume equalize between all playing sources.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Does it happen with every CD? I'm going to have to give that a try and see if I get the same results...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I also noticed that the SXM radio is much louder than a phone over Bluetooth.
I believe I have had that experience too. I'll have to pay more attention...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, I just went out and checked with a couple different CDs of my own. It seems that a volume setting of about 15 while playing a CD is the same as a setting of 10 on the radio. The CD default volume is clearly lower than that of the radio in my PacHy.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Raise volume when on the phone. It will remember.
Doesn't work. I have this same problem when either talking on the phone or listening to something on Bluetooth on my phone. I have to crank the volume to hear what is playing on the phone - which is fine and you don't have to set it that high - but then going back to either SXM or radio threatens to blow the speakers. Very annoying. Have had this problem on my last Mazda as well, but this is worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same problem with 2017 Pacifica. bluetooth and dvd are crazy quiet. have to max phone and almost max car audio for bluetooth music. phone calls are ok. all DVDs are so quiet though it needs max volume for kids to hear the blasts your ears when you turn to radio. the media input needs a way to adjust output volume into car system because the car's speakers work wonderfully. I wish chrystler could fix this please. I went to the dealer and switched the media base to a new batch number and it helped 10%. still a big problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts