2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this on the Pachy FB group but not over here. There is a UConnect update available for those with rear screens that takes the system up to v1748.11. The theory is that this is the VRM module update that was previously a dealer request to install.

1. Check your VIN here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
2. Download the update ZIP file.
3. Unzip the files (four of them and place onto a formatted USB stick - I used FAT32). You should end up with 4 files on the USB.
4. The car needs to be fully "asleep" before starting (I could leave the car locked for 5-10m and this would achieve this).
5. Open driver door. Insert USB into the lower USB (near the Blu-ray player).
6. Open rear driver door.
7. Without putting foot onto the brake, push start twice to go to RUN mode (without the engine running).
8. Wait for the rear driver screen to wake up. It should detect the USB and the update files.
9. Start the update process. Note: it will reboot the screen a couple of times when it does this. Don't worry!
10. Wait until fully complete (about 5 mins). You will see an update complete message and then the screen will go into sleep mode (no display).
11. Power on the screen - it should boot (Chrysler splash screen).
12. Check version under Settings->System Information. Check for 1748.11.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hmmm. Those instructions are slightly different from those in the Service Bulletin that I downloaded along with the zip file.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Service Bulletin 08-007-18 page 1

NUMBER: 08-007-18
GROUP: 08 - Electrical
DATE: January 20, 2018

FOR HELP WITH USING wiTECH FOR ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING, CLICK ON THE APPLICATION’S “HELP” TAB.

THE wiTECH SOFTWARE IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE LATEST RELEASE BEFORE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE.

SUBJECT:
Video Routing Module (VRM) Enhancements For Rear Seat Entertainment System

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the VRM with the latest available software.

MODELS:
2018 (RU) Chrysler Pacifica

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before December 04, 2017 (MDH 1204XX) equipped with Seatback Video Screens (Sales Code RHH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience the following:
• The video system resets or does not function (Most likely to occur if the vehicle is cold or the battery voltage is too low).

DIAGNOSIS:
Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify all related systems are functioning as designed. If Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or symptom conditions, other than the ones listed above are present, record the issues on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.

If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Service Bulletin 08-007-18 page 2

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Check the latest software level using wiTECH. The VRM will be updated to 17.48.11.
2. Is the VRM software level at or higher than the update to level?
• YES>>> This bulletin has been completed. Further diagnosis may be needed.
• NO>>> Proceed to Step 3.
3. Has a USB flash drive been created?
• YES>>> Proceed to Step 8.
• NO>>> Proceed to Step 4.
4. Go to DealerCONNECT>Service>Uconnect Command Center>Uconnect>More Information >Dealer software downloads to download the files. Follow the instructions on the website to create the USB flash drive.

NOTE: A blank USB flash drive must be used to download the VRM software. The USB flash drive should be 4GB or larger.
NOTE: If the dealer cannot download the software, make sure you have proper security access. If you do not have proper security access, have the Service Manager or Shop Foreman download the software update.
5. Start the vehicle.
6. With the vehicle still running, disconnect the black and gray VRM harness connector from the VRM found under the front passenger seat (Fig. 1) .

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

Fig. 1 VRM Harness Connector

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
7. Connect the VRM harness connector to the VRM and verify the system boots.

8. With the ignition on and radio powered up, insert the USB flash drive with new software into the USB port next to the blu-ray player (Fig. 2) .

Fig. 2 Correct USB Port

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
9. Watch the driver’s seat seatback video screen and wait for the on-screen prompt that will ask if you would like to proceed with the update. Press the soft key “ACCEPT” to start the update.
NOTE: If the software update process is interrupted/aborted, the process should be restarted. Do not cycle the ignition or touch the radio during the update process.
10. The update may take 13 minutes and no other actions will be needed.
11. After the update is done downloading, the screen will display “Update successful”. Remove USB flash drive.
NOTE: If the USB flash drive is left in the port after system reboot, there will be a pop-up on the rear seatback video screen that states “The update file is invalid” (Fig. 3) .
This is not a concern as the system is already up to date.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Fig. 3 Rear Seatback Video Screen Error

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
12. Do not turn the ignition off as the update is not completed. Wait until the normal rear screen displays. This will take about 40 seconds.
13. Pair the video system remotes. Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT> TechCONNECT under: Service Info> 04 - Vehicle Quick Reference/New Vehicle Preparation Instructions/Standard Procedure>Interior>Video System.

POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE:
Labor Operation No: 18-19-91-97
Description: Module, Video Routing, Software - Create USB Jump Drive Or Uconnect Website (One Time Only) (0 - Introduction)
Skill Category: 6 - Electrical and Body Systems
Amount:0.2 Hrs.

Labor Operation No: 18-19-91-98
Description: Check Software Level and Perform Software Update (0 - Introduction)
Skill Category: 6 - Electrical and Body Systems
Amount:0.5 Hrs.

NOTE: The “One Time Only” LOP is used one time per dealer when downloading the software onto a USB flash drive.
NOTE: The expected completion time for the flash download portion of this procedure is approximately 13 minutes. Actual flash download times may be affected by vehicle connection and network capabilities.
FAILURE CODE:
The dealer must use failure code CC with this Service Bulletin.
• If the customer’s concern matches the SYMPTOM/CONDITION identified in the Service Bulletin, failure code CC is to be used.
• When utilizing this failure code the 3C’s (customer’s concern, cause and correction) must be provided for processing Service Bulletin flash/reprogramming conditions.

CC Customer Concern

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Note that Step 1 says

1. Check the latest software level using wiTECH. The VRM will be updated to 17.48.11.

That can be done using "Dealer Mode" on Uconnect (Driver's Up temperature arrow and Driver's Down temperature arrow and Front Defrost buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds)

Mine currently shows 17.48.2a

·
Registered
568 Posts
Note that Step 1 says

That can be done using "Dealer Mode" on Uconnect (Driver's Up temperature arrow and Driver's Down temperature arrow and Front Defrost buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds)

Mine currently shows 17.48.2a
Actually I think the proper place to get the software version of the VRM module is from the rear screens. Choose Settings, then Software Information. Going into dealer mode on the UConnect screen gets you the version of the UConnect software which lives behind the dashboard. The VRM module is under the passenger seat. Very confusing because the version numbers are similar, but they are different things.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I noticed this on the Pachy FB group but not over here. There is a UConnect update available for those with rear screens that takes the system up to v1748.11. The theory is that this is the VRM module update that was previously a dealer request to install.

1. Check your VIN here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
2. Download the update ZIP file.
3. Unzip the files (four of them and place onto a formatted USB stick - I used FAT32). You should end up with 4 files on the USB.
4. The car needs to be fully "asleep" before starting (I could leave the car locked for 5-10m and this would achieve this).
5. Open driver door. Insert USB into the lower USB (near the Blu-ray player).
6. Open rear driver door.
7. Without putting foot onto the brake, push start twice to go to RUN mode (without the engine running).
8. Wait for the rear driver screen to wake up. It should detect the USB and the update files.
9. Start the update process. Note: it will reboot the screen a couple of times when it does this. Don't worry!
10. Wait until fully complete (about 5 mins). You will see an update complete message and then the screen will go into sleep mode (no display).
11. Power on the screen - it should boot (Chrysler splash screen).
12. Check version under Settings->System Information. Check for 1748.11.

Cheers,

John
I tried to follow the procedure outlined here but I had one issue. At step 8, the system didn't detect update on the USB drive. Without shutting anything down I removed the drive and reinserted it and the update process began.

This update appears to add streaming options, though I haven't tried anything.

Oddly, it also appears to have removed the games? Perhaps they've just been moved to some other spot in the system? In any case, they didn't show up on the home screen after the update completed...

Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Which streaming options are you seeing?
So I looked a little more closely. Streaming is supported for "Miracast certified" devices.

BUT...I suspect that it won't work unless you've subscribed to the wifi hotspot - I haven't done that, and my phone doesn't show the Pacifica wifi network.

Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Games have been moved to Apps.
Actually, when I restarted things to check out the streaming options and the games reappeared on the home page. May have just been a little hiccup as a result of the update process. Or something.

Dave

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hmmm. Those instructions are slightly different from those in the Service Bulletin that I downloaded along with the zip file.
But they work, that's how I did it yesterday. The only difference is that my remotes where not paired any more and I had to pull out Fuse 76 to get the remotes paired.

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, when I restarted things to check out the streaming options and the games reappeared on the home page. May have just been a little hiccup as a result of the update process. Or something.

Dave
Oh perhaps I was referring to where they are located from the front Uconnect screen, not the rear screens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My remotes are not paired, and only the Are we there yet game will load. I'll check again after my shift, and if they still haven't appeared, try pulling the 76 fuse. Thanks for the notes in this thread.

I do want to note that I pulled 77, and 55 prior to going through these steps to get out of the boot loop.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts