2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the hotspot working in our new 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited a few days ago. I subscribed via the AT&T website and all was working well until this afternoon when all of our devices stopped being able to connect to the wifi.

I noticed that mid-drive the UConnect system appeared to reset. The screen went black and the system rebooted. Wifi was working fine after that, until we stopped to grab a bite to eat. None of our devices would connect to the wifi anymore (two iPhones, a Mac laptop and a Nintendo switch). The SSID was seen, but it rejects the password.

I've tried a lot of troubleshooting and I've come to suspect that the wifi hotspot is somehow decoupled from the UConnect system. I had set up a custom SSID and password that was still configured.

I've tried disabling the wifi and changing the SSID and password, then re-enabling the wifi. Our devices all still see the old SSID (the custom one I had working). I checked to make sure this isn't just a cached thing on all the devices. The SSID is still being broadcast using the old SSID, but the password doesn't work. Indeed, I can disable the Wifi completely and the SSID is still being broadcast.

Nothing seems to make any difference here. I've turned the car completely off and waited for the electronics to power down. I've cleared all the user and other settings to start from scratch. That resets it back to the default SSID that came with the vehicle, but I'm still seeing my original custom SSID broadcast.

Any ideas on other things to try? Are there any hard system reset tricks here that I could give a shot? I'm not entirely clear on who to call. I checked a few other forum posts and it sounds like Chrysler was directing people to SiriusXM for some reason. I honestly have my doubts that the dealer will have any idea what I'm talking about. The hotspot documentation in general is completely fractured on the web, with old outdated information on the driveuconnect site. I was only able to get it on after stumbling across a forum link to the AT&T website where I enter the VIN. It feels like a really half-rolled out feature, TBH.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am having exactly the same issue. Hotspot worked great till this afternoon. Suddenly no one can connect (we get a bad password error). When I try to Change the SSID and or password it always defaults back to what was previously entered

Did you ever figure this out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who has this problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had this issue too with the 4g wifi hotspot. Seems to happen after we stop the car for gas/lunch etc.. Doesn't clear up until the car has been off for awhile. Any recent updates on a solution?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had this issue once or twice. Pull fuse F76, search forum for the procedure. Takes two minutes and solves this problem.

the uconnect crashes are annoying as well and seem to have started recently ... perhaps Chrysler did another not well thought through software revision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having exactly the same issue. Hotspot worked great till this afternoon. Suddenly no one can connect (we get a bad password error). When I try to Change the SSID and or password it always defaults back to what was previously entered

Did you ever figure this out?

We are having the same issue. Wifi works fine a few hours into our trip and then suddenly stops and can't be restarted and none of our devices are connected. It sits overnight and then works again. It works fine for around town but we have had this same issue each and every trip over 3 hours. We called AT&T and they could see where we were on our drive and confirmed the service was working. We called the dealer. They had us call UConnect customer service - which was the BIGGEST waste of time. Unconnect told us we needed to buy a plan.... even after explaining it was a repetitive problem, we had a plan and it was working fine 30 minutes before. It is super frustrating. We purchased the wifi specifically for trips. The cost isn't worth it for just around town. Unconnect customer service was zero help and aggravated the situation further. I was hoping to find an answer on the forum but it doesn't look like there is a fix.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same problem. Plus a resetting uconnect system (after wifi stopped working) would love to hear if anyone fixed or has a solution. (We to are on a road trip)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This right here was the greatest solution I have found pull the Fuze from under the hood started the van enebled wifi and it worked like a charm!!!!
Thank you!

Had this issue once or twice. Pull fuse F76, search forum for the procedure. Takes two minutes and solves this problem.

the uconnect crashes are annoying as well and seem to have started recently ... perhaps Chrysler did another not well thought through software revision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this exact same issue. Good to know about pulling the fuse, but it is incredibly annoying that this happens every time we're on a long drive. I'm going to see what the dealer says but like was said above, I'm doubtful they'll even understand the issue, let alone have a fix for it. Here are the problems I've experienced:

1) With hotspot enabled, devices are unable to connect. My android phone says, "Couldn't authenticate connection". The SSID is broadcast even if the hotspot is disabled on the UConnect screen. This only goes away if we're out of the car for a while.
2) Hotspot won't come on at all. Enabling the hotspot has no effect, the SSID is never broadcast. This one is less common than #1 and seems to be solved by having the car off for a while (which, again, doesn't work on long drives).

If the dealer has any ideas, I'll report back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts