2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not sure how many people have seen this, but more and more gas stations are now offering an Unleaded 88 option which for those that don’t know is a blend of 85% gasoline and 15% ethanol and is substantially cheaper than Regular 87. Right now it’s as cheap as $1.99/gal compared to $3.99/gal for 87. From what I understand, any car that’s manufactured after 2001 or is flex fuel compatible can take this gas with no harm to the vehicle.

Does anyone trust this in their Pacifica?

·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
So not sure how many people have seen this, but more and more gas stations are now offering an Unleaded 88 option which for those that don’t know is a blend of 85% gasoline and 15% ethanol and is substantially cheaper than Regular 87. Right now it’s as cheap as $1.99/gal compared to $3.99/gal for 87. From what I understand, any car that’s manufactured after 2001 or is flex fuel compatible can take this gas with no harm to the vehicle.

Does anyone trust this in their Pacifica?
If you drive it everyday, shouldn’t be too bad. Most manufacturers recommend no more than 15% ethanol from my understanding. That said, if it sits a lot, the ethanol can begin to separate out of the fuel… issue?? Maybe but not likely. I ran 50% ethanol on my previous truck (2020 F150) and it was tuned for it but even on completely stock engine I never had issues. Now that 88 may say 15% ethanol but I bet if you test it, it’s around 10-12. Idk if I’d run it all the time in my pacifica, but I would trust it the few occasions I did if I really needed to.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Ethanol is bad for your car , research long term effects not only on motor but gas mileage is poor also . Effects are fuel pump , intake , if it was a lease would you care . But it’s either pay now or later ideology , so save a bit now or potentially pay down the road .

·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
Ethanol is bad for your car , research long term effects not only on motor but gas mileage is poor also . Effects are fuel pump , intake , if it was a lease would you care . But it’s either pay now or later ideology , so save a bit now or potentially pay down the road .
High % of ethanol yes unless you have upgraded fuel pump and lines. 15% isn’t going to cause any damage

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
420 Posts
I had a Ram 1500 with the pentastar that was rated as a flex fuel compatible engine and I.y experience E85 had to be significantly cheaper to offset the reduction in mpgs when running it. Not sure the impact in the pacifica but would expect significant difference in efficiency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts